• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Sol Campbell (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

asajoseph

Established Member
Well, he IS taking his time signing this new contract that Wenger keeps talking about. He's been mercenary in the past, no reason to think he might not be in the future.

I just hope he isn't keeping his options open until Jan.

asajoseph

Established Member
Yeah, I doubt he'd go to Inter. But Juve in the summer, for FREE is slightly more plausible. And scary!

Loylz

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I doubt it as well but the longer this carries on from Sol the more worrying it gets. He should just sign and quash these rumours in my opinion.

I know we are a better team than Sp**s were when he moved to us and we are actually going somewhere. So he has something to stay for but for the sake of fans he should just sign and get it on with. mean he is not Arsène who we always knew would sign. Sol has done it before and although it is highly unlikely, I feel he is making fans feel anxious.

malagar

But when it comes to it , then it would be lot better to sell him in january and get some cash for him then to let him leave for free

baccy_man

Established Member
it reminds me a bit of the summer when we all thought that someone else was going and could have put an end to it all sooner.

asajoseph

Established Member
But when it comes to it , then it would be lot better to sell him in january and get some cash for him then to let him leave for free

What and kiss the rest of this season goodbye?

malagar

We could bring in somebody new , and actually there is no point in playinga player who leaves in the summer - he possibly wouldnt give his best anymore

But actually its all an awful speculation . And i think it wont come to that.

air

From what I remember, Sol signed his last contract for something completely crazy like £80,000 a week. I doubt even Inter could afford to just add something like that to their wage bill.

seb_afc

Established Member
there is no way we can afford to sell/let go of sol. our team would simply fall apart. look whats happening at the moment without him. the only player that could replace him would be rio.

Gazza Martinez

Established Member
Sol has declared numerous times in the past - most recent being about 3-4 months ago - that he'd like to finish his career with Arsenal. He's never shown any interest in moving abroad. That, coupled with Wenger's confidence that he'll sign, is good enough for me.

asajoseph

Established Member
Well Gazza, saying you'd like to finish your career somewhere in the press is a measure to endear fans. It's what he says to the boss that counts. Behind the scenes he may be holding out for 90k/week for all we know.

That said, Wenger IS confident. It would rock the boat a lot if he left...

Clarkey

My theory is still likely then, I have some bets with my mates and people off other boards that Sol will be going in the Summer with Ledley King replacing him on a freebie. Cash saved on Sols contract will fund money for a couple more young prodigies such as Ne and Yaya.

seb_afc

Established Member
how about keeping sol and getting king? that would be perfect. and then moving toure to right back. i doubt that wud happen though...is king out of contract soon then?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom