• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Sol Campbell (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gurgen

Established Member
Good business if true.

Surprising that it's so soon, because Sol didn't look like a player on his way our in the CL final. Must have been a shock for him.

dronan

haha... If this was indeed true I would say it would be as good a business deal as any of wenger's shrewdest signings... But ofcos coming from myle's and the inflated price tag for a 30+ year old defender on the wane... Seriously doubt it. Plus anyone else find Sol goin to Fenerbache alittle hard to comprehend...? Does Sol know he's going to Fenerbache...?

Jinn

Established Member
I'm going to give it a go and try to translate it using some online thing. Anybody know a good site?

Gurgen

Established Member
According to my Turkish mate it says that Fenerbahce want to buy him and he's coming to Istanbul this week to discuss a transfer.

flaunt

If this is true...

I'm concerned that we've sold a player before signing replacements.

As much as people claim that Sol is past it (well, I agree he's not worth 8 million of anything), he at least gave us an important body to throw in there when we needed him.

Part of me is apprehensive, I sure hope a new signing is on board to replace Sol.

Mckenna

Maybe not April 1st after all, but still it does seem a bit of a stretch to think that Sol would uproot after so long in England.

Then again, if Fener are willing to pay £8m for him, fine. It's outlandish, but stranger things have happened.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
turkish teams have bought many players in the decline for one last run of professional football. Like Bolton or Quatar

cubbz_th14

quite shocked to read this actually, why on earth 8 mil for him ! and to turkey ! :roll: if its true sol's mind is still messed up and he had not recovered as he claims .. shocking :shock: :shock:

Mckenna

Now, with the fee quoted too, this screams that Kompany could be coming. Hey, nothing's confirmed, but given the magnitude of the departure, Kompany would definitely set the boards alight in a straight battle with Senderos for the place alongside Toure. He's very young, and wouldn't be the only signing (Thuram make sense anyone) but he'd definitely be the man if we have pushed the deal through. If we could get the best young defender and one of the older greats to guide the ship for a year or two, then Sol's departure makes more sense.

coleandclichy

It's such a weird transfer rumour to be honest.

Simply because Campbell showed so much against Barcelona, back to something approaching top fitness, looks sharp, and showed so much passion. Then to just leave and go to play in Turkey. Personally, I think Fenerbahce have approached Arsenal and they have agreed a deal without Campbell knowing. LOL, he has been told and will take it as such a suprise. I don't know if he will agree, I think he would rather stay in England and play for Newcastle or a team like that.

Even while I type this I just can't imagine this ever happening. 12 million Euros is heaps for Sol.

Hello Arsenal Fans,

I just enrolled this site because I also heard about Sol's exit. And, I am Turkish. I heard this gossip last Friday and I couldn't believe either. The link given above says, Sol is coming to Turkey some time this week, and fans are really excited. However, there is no official announcement yet. Tell you the truth, this is the first news I heard from the British media. In addition, Fenerbahce's official site always denies if any news on the papers are lies, and site haven't denied the gossip about Sol.

Sammer

Established Member
No disrespect to sol, but if we can get 12 million Euros for him to ad to our transfer Budget, I would very very pleased....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom