• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Sol Campbell (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.
We'r looking forward to buy:

Sol Campbell
Morientes
Roberto Carlos

and if money can buy everything Adriano..

regards..

Big names there, port. Though the Turkish league is certainly underrated, it's a quality league i think. But all 3 seem to me to be players on the decline.

Campbell, we've all heard enough about that.

Morientes, i think he's still a class player, but he's rotting away at Liverpool, probably not as sharp as he used to be.

And Roberto Carlos, has to be one of the players i admire. Running up and down the pitch more than some of the younger players on the pitch. Phenomenal stamina. But not sure how much longer it'll last?

ps: gah, having a bit of a problem with the quotes, as you might notice. anyone can point out why?

lee1001

Established Member
Well, if stories are true about Sol Campbell having personnel problems here in England its not as surprising as it sounds that he would leave for Turkey.

However, you would of thought there would be woldwide interest for a player like Campbell.

Still i wonder what the rest of the squad think about this transfer. At least for the short term this has to weaken the team. Players like Cole, Henry and Ljungberg have being saying that we need to strengthen with high caliber players and the first thing Arsenal do is sell one of their biggest stars.
Unless of course there is an established defender on the way.

anelka4eva

PhantomGooner said:
We'r looking forward to buy: Sol Campbell Morientes Roberto Carlos and if money can buy everything Adriano.. regards..[/quote said:
Big names there, port. Though the Turkish league is certainly underrated, it's a quality league i think. But all 3 seem to me to be players on the decline.

Campbell, we've all heard enough about that.

Morientes, i think he's still a class player, but he's rotting away at Liverpool, probably not as sharp as he used to be.

And Roberto Carlos, has to be one of the players i admire. Running up and down the pitch more than some of the younger players on the pitch. Phenomenal stamina. But not sure how much longer it'll last?
if Amedio Carboni (39), Paolo Maldini(37), Costacurta(40), Cafu(36) Lizarazu(37) can still play, why not the best left winger wont play at least 3 yrs more?
If you was under his hat, would you choose Qatar or Turkey?
We really need a left back, and he is the best option at the moment!
We are celebrating our 100th year and we want it to be perfect!
we let our ex-striker brazilian Nobre to go our rivals Besiktas and our president officialy said that we are interested in Carlos, Morientes and Campbell 3 days ago...
this is not the dream, we have got enough money to buy any player but most of them dont wanna play in Turkey League.. Yes its not as quality as others but it is growning up..

Mckenna

There's no way this deal has been put together out of the blue. Henry knows about it. Has to. He wouldn't have signed the contract if he wasn't confident that the team would survive, and get another experienced central defender.

hi phantom,

agreed that they are on decline..

but we should take that risk..

we bought ariel ortega 4 years ago, he played well for maybe half the season but later on his problems showed up and he ran away.. he said he missed argentina..

we bought alex de souza and now we admire him.. he's such a great player and a pro.

we bought anelka but he didn't pay back yet..

we need a DL so bad.. We need Carlos for just 2007 (our 100th anni.) he can teach our young talents how to play on the left wing..

Morientes is not the one that we really want as fans..

Eidur Gudjohnsen would be a big time signing for us.. But I don't think he 'd prefer us..

Haha, you've pointed out some excellent fullbacks there. anelka4eva. Certainly hope carlos is of the same mold.

And to that question, from a purely footballing aspect, Turkey by a mile. I've seen the atmosphere in the Fenerbahce/Galatasaray matches. Stunning! Absolutely incredible.

But i think if all you want is to earn money in an easy league, then Qatar is the way to go. I hope Carlos has more ambition than that though.

edit: port, interesting points. Why wouldn't you like morientes though?

anelka4eva

i would really like to see Gudjohnsen in my team
but he would not not chose Fenerbahce..
there will be a lot of team in Premier League that wants him :(

anelka4eva

PhantomGooner said:
Haha, you've pointed out some excellent fullbacks there. anelka4eva. Certainly hope carlos is of the same mold.

And to that question, from a purely footballing aspect, Turkey by a mile. I've seen the atmosphere in the Fenerbahce/Galatasaray matches. Stunning! Absolutely incredible.

But i think if all you want is to earn money in an easy league, then Qatar is the way to go. I hope Carlos has more ambition than that though.

edit: port, interesting points. Why wouldn't you like morientes though?
bu Carlos is still going to play in Champions League..
and He will never find the same atmosphere in Qatar..
Turkey is a hot country, a real paradise :) with 55000 crazy fans, he will see what the atmosphere is!
He will proud himself that he is playing for Fenerbahce's 100th year and a key player.. and i dont think he finished the football on his mind.. he is 33 yrs old and still can play 3 yrs more and then retire and go to Qatar i think :)
regards
EMRAH

WHAFC

12 million Euro's would be just too good an offer to resist. Let's be honest Sol is no longer the giant and great man that we bought from the ****. This would be a great deal for Arsenal if there were any truth in it.

Big_Cake

I would be surprised, but if its all added together, i mean there are a lot of sources.........and Wenger was intersted in Thuram, and i was like why when we got campbell? but now
And we can do better than curtis davies. Kompany.

we've watching the soccer all around the world and following many forums at least by reading once a month or so..

I've been watching Morientes maybe 10 years now, he was my talented young player when he was on the pitch for real, but he never fought for the first team.. He was a player playing only last 30 minutes on away games.. I thought it was because of Raul.. But not really it was.. He did well in Liverpool but for maybe 3-4 times a season.. We need a striker that wants the game, fights for his team, a leader..

We are looking for a striker that we can admire as you guys admire henry..

We really respect his loyalty.. U guys are so lucky..

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
Sol Campbell
Fernando Morientes
Roberto Carlos

i think it is safe to assume that not one of those players will be included in a Turkish team next season... not that I dont give credence to a few Turkish teams that are decent, but the players listed above will not see it the same way...

anelka4eva

portFbl@nd said:
we've watching the soccer all around the world and following many forums at least by reading once a month or so..

I've been watching Morientes maybe 10 years now, he was my talented young player when he was on the pitch for real, but he never fought for the first team.. He was a player playing only last 30 minutes on away games.. I thought it was because of Raul.. But not really it was.. He did well in Liverpool but for maybe 3-4 times a season.. We need a striker that wants the game, fights for his team, a leader..

We are looking for a striker that we can admire as you guys admire henry..

We really respect his loyalty.. U guys are so lucky..
bro
if Anelka really wanted, he would be our HENRY! but he is finishing our sympathy for him :(
yes he did very well for some matches (PSV,BJK,GS) but this is not enough for us!
yes they r very lucky, Henry is the best player so far, even more than Ronnie..

A

Anonymous

8million , lit up my eyes when i saw it , i really dont know what to say about this one

anelka4eva

Rohit said:
i opened this page and asked myself if it was a Fenerbache transfer forum ;)
lol it is becouse we r interested in campbell :)
u r welcome our forum aswell, we will be happy if we see you there 8)

USArsenal said:
Sol Campbell
Fernando Morientes
Roberto Carlos

i think it is safe to assume that not one of those players will be included in a Turkish team next season... not that I dont give credence to a few Turkish teams that are decent, but the players listed above will not see it the same way...

from your point its not possible

we'll see..

it's not a big deal for us if we don't even get one of the above..

we switch the target:)

anelka4eva

portFbl@nd said:
USArsenal said:
Sol Campbell
Fernando Morientes
Roberto Carlos

from your point its not possible

we'll see..

it's not a big deal for us if we don't even get one of the above..

we switch the target:)
deffinetly true :wink:
they r not the only targets for us, we have other options aswell, but they r on the top for us and great players

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom