Sol Campbell (Out)

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by omega man, Aug 14, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sane__

Sane__ Active Member

2. asajoseph

asajoseph New Member Elite

Doesn't sound convinced that he'll stay...

3. Jimbo14

Jimbo14 New Member

If anyone gets the newsletter from wenger, in the one about the Arsenal vs Barca he specificly praises sol.
    Maybe Wenger wont want to let him go,
    However 8mill for a player in their 30's sounds generous

4. Dr. Alban

Dr. Alban New Member

As I implied, Sol's actions earlier this season shouldn't be exused. As I also said, I can neither understand nor condone this behaviour. He let him self down, the players, the fans. Everyone.

Calling me a **** for pointing that out.. well. I guess there are quite a lot of ****s here then. I've seen far worse.

But hey, if him calling me a **** gets dafish off, I can live with that.

5. sunil16

sunil16 New Member

If Campbell does indeed leave then i don't see it as a problem. I think Wenger can more than replace him with someone younger and also maybe bring in some one like Thuram. Like almost everyone said in this post said we could get
    1) Curtis Davies
    2) Vincent Kompany
    3) Ronald Zubar
    4) Per Metesacker(sp)
    I think we can bid and even get any one of these players i we really wanted to and i am pretty sure we have also been linked to each of them sometime this past season.
    Man the team we could have next season
    Lehmann
    Eboue Toure Senderos Cole

Hleb Fabregas Gilberto Rosicky

Henry Reyes

We could have an amazing team and if we could get a good DM i think we're set. Also probablyone of the youngest teams around.

6. kamikaze80

kamikaze80 New Member Elite

it all sounds unlikely and i doubt we'd sell him before we have a replacement lined up, as we're talking about half of our first-choice CB pairing (tho i realise senderos is making a strong case).

7. longrufus

longrufus New Member Elite

Indeed, this comment hardly gives you the impression he is inamoured with the club.

"Arsenal is there and that's all I've got to say about it at the moment"

8. Legend#1

Legend#1 New Member Trusted

Been wanting him gone sinde WHU..

That article seems to suggest he is off, which is good news.

I'm particularly annoyed at;

I really can't stand the bloke anymore, I can't wait until he goes.

Thanks for having the guts to come, and thanks for 03/04, I really do appreciate it, but leave now.

9. Captain

Captain New Member Elite

I think it could be less the club and more football in general.

It's an open secret that Sol just wanted to make the world cup, perhaps he is planning to retire afterwards.

10. Can't see him retiring. I'd like him to stay on, if only for the experience. However getting money for him and getting him off the wage bill is something else to consider.

11. hanci

hanci New Member

first of all, it is not the official web site of fenerbahce SC. the official one is "fenerbahce.org"

turkish press has wirtten these kind of news for a week. but the official site denied the news and announced that there hasnt any deal with Sol yet.

deep note: Fenerbahce SC is the biggest sport club of Turkiye and former Arsenal player Nicolas Anelka, former Juventus player Stephen Appiah, etc. are playing now at that club.

12. longrufus

longrufus New Member Elite

To be honest i think it would be best for Sol and Arsenal to part ways.

As you quite rightly say Captain, he seems to have lost his desire to play. Maybe a move abroad may suit him, a new challenge, something to motivate him. Not to mention he can get away from it all.

Looking at it from Arsenal's point of view, we are in the process of rebuilding, and for me, Sol is deadweight, we need to move on, start a fresh. As Legend says, we're grateful for the memories but your times up.

Replacement is the word on everyones lips. Senderos is a great defender in my opinion but we still need to strengthen. Anyone who reads my posts knows i want a young ball playing CB (Kompany comes to mind but im open to suggestion). And i think it would be good to bring some expeirence in at the same time, help the defense out, Thuram is the ideal candidate.

13. gunnertilldeath

gunnertilldeath New Member Elite

i just read his recent comments and frankly i think he's off. there's no stated desire to stay. Ashley just said he wants to stay and i'm encouraged but not fully convinced by that statement. and then sol comes out with this "keeping my options open" stuff. he's off. he's basically inviting every club out there with interest in him to make their move. if we can get a good price for him, this might not be a bad development at all.

14. Steve50

Steve50 New Member

I have been looking all over the web including the Arsenal website and have found no solid proof that he is off,
    Is this definately true?
    and does anyone have a link.

15. _scorpion_

_scorpion_ New Member

He is not 'off' as some of you like to put it.
    He is in the shop window at the moment.
    Arsène has a plan - a good one too, but the decision is Sol's.

16. Fabrebas

Fabrebas New Member

I have doubts because can he even speak Turkish and does he want to take the time to learn it when he can get into most premiership sides easially enough.

I also think he would be a asset to the club during transistion because he has experience and can command the defence until the other players gain more experience. He knows the permiership and is as key to the defence as Tony Adams was.

17. Mckenna

Mckenna Member Trusted

I was just about indifferent as to whether he stayed or went, if he left, I could see new players coming in soon. I didn't care.

Now though, "Arsenal is there and that's all I have to say." What a load of crap. Arsenal is there, how non-committal can you get? I mean for a player who's supposed to love Arsenal and want to do well in the future here, he sounds like he's waiting to leave. Which, in my mind, is now the only option, because I'm sorry, I don't want him here any more. This combined with all of his "problems" make me think he should leave, and Arsène, in the going-for-the-throat mood that he's in should see this and ditch him. Now.

18. blueeyes_74

blueeyes_74 New Member

£12m for Sol Campbell, whats
    not bad :D

More then Arsenal paid for Tomas Rosicky,
    prize tag where £7m :wink:

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

if sol goes i feel it maybe as less as 2million
    its really up to him now, the doors there if he wants it , he just needs to tell wenger asap

20. USArsenal

USArsenal H.Y.I.C. Administrator

if we can get a fee for him and unload his high wages, i think they would take it, providing they were planning on bringing someone else in...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.