• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Southampton : Heading South next season?

Andrew Cole Linighan

Player:Saka
Screenshot_20230429-040932.png

Thought I would do a feature on Southampton. Currently bottom of the Premier League, six points off safety.
Its amazing the various styles of Home Shirts they have had in there History. For me they are Red and White Stripes. The following YouTube video shows the various shirts they have had.

When I got into football in the 1990's, Southampton had some good players. Alan Shearer, Matt Le Tissier, Tim Flowers. They had the previous ground at the time, 'The Dell'. Think the capacity of it was around 15,000? Looked like it had quite a bit of character.

In recent times, we have signed players from Southampton.

Screenshot_20230429-041038.png
Theo Walcott. Came to Arsenal as the next Big Thing. Liked Theo, thought he did alright with us. Went onto play for Everton, (now back at Southampton).

Screenshot_20230429-041249.pngWe signed another player who was Highly Rated, Alex Oxlade - Chamberlain. Didn't seem to work out as well as Theo. Questions were asked, was he playing in his correct position. Alex then went onto sign for Liverpool.

Screenshot_20230429-041359.png
We signed defender Callum Chambers. He seemed to be in a similar position as Carl Jenkinson, who we had signed from Charlton Athletic. These two would get games here and there, but they always seemed to be on the fringes of the First Eleven. Callum is now at Aston Villa.

One of Southampton's Greatest Exports is Gareth Bale. Went onto sign for Tottenham, had a big impact there, then made a Dream Move to Real Madrid. Believe he is now at Los Angeles FC? Has also made a big impact on his National Team, Wales, 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 helping them to qualify for Finals Tournaments.
I have got a Liverpool supporting mate. He would comment on the number of players they would sign from Southampton. Players such as Virgil Van Dyke, Nathaniel Clyne, Rickie Lambert, Dejan Lovren, Adam Lallana, Peter Crouch, Sadio Mane.
When the Premier League was first created, season after season, Southampton would escape Relegation. They were to get relegated a few seasons down the line, where they experienced life in the Championship, and also went down to League One.
Clubs facing relegation from the Premier League have been asked, can they do a Southampton, and stay up?
Can Southampton do a Southampton, and stay up?

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Long overdue you feel, their policy has served them well but there's only so long you can get away with it.

Their team just isn't very good at all. Relying on a 34 year old Walcott this much says it all. A lot of their recent signings have been massive misses too, swear they've signed two highly rated forwards recently who just haven't delivered.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Best thing I can say about them is thanks for being the team we beat in the 2003 FA cup final, that was an enjoyable day.

Bar that, hate them really...always seem to turn up against us, Shane Long only seemed to play well v Arsenal too the little bellend...even our signings from them have been meh, bar Theo who I rated.

Hope they don't get promoted for A WHILE!

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Long overdue you feel, their policy has served them well but there's only so long you can get away with it.

Their team just isn't very good at all. Relying on a 34 year old Walcott this much says it all. A lot of their recent signings have been massive misses too, swear they've signed two highly rated forwards recently who just haven't delivered.

They went full on with the kids this year basically which makes me think they kind of expected relegation.

Only really “good” players are Lavia and JWP. Pretty dire squad outside of them two.

Andrew Cole Linighan

Whenever I think of Arsenal away at Southampton, I think of this image.
Arsenal beat Southampton 4 - 0 at the Dell, in the 1991/92 season. Ian Wright was making his League Debut for Arsenal. He made a Big Impression, as he scored a hattrick.
The image I have is this one. David 'Rocky' Rocastle going up to celebrate with his mate Ian Wright, Wright, Wright.

Screenshot_20230429-230432.png

Andrew Cole Linighan

Noticed something. If Arsenal sign a striker, and they don't score there first Arsenal league goal after a few games, arrange a game against Southampton.

Screenshot_20231006-022315.png
Ian Wright's first Arsenal league goal, was scored away at Southampton, at The Dell.

Screenshot_20231006-022027.png
Thierry Henry's first Arsenal league goal, was scored away at Southampton, at The Dell.

Screenshot_20231006-023428.png
Dennis Bergkamps first Arsenal league goal, was scored at home to Southampton, at Highbury.

MauveGunner

Player:Rice
Noticed something. If Arsenal sign a striker, and they don't score there first Arsenal league goal after a few games, arrange a game against Southampton.

View attachment 19001
Ian Wright's first Arsenal league goal, was scored away at Southampton, at The Dell.

View attachment 19002
Thierry Henry's first Arsenal league goal, was scored away at Southampton, at The Dell.

View attachment 19003
Dennis Bergkamps first Arsenal league goal, was scored at home to Southampton, at Highbury.
@KaiHavertz

Top Bottom