• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Southampton Vs Arsenal PL 10/12/2017 12:00pm BT

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Wenger looked p*ssed in the post match interview. Time wasting, blatant penalty . . .

Said his defenders still got a hangover from the United game. Meaning Kos, because Mustafi missing. It certainly looked like it. Kos looked nervous throughout.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

So at the end of the season we're needing
A starting GK,
2 starting CB's (possibly 3 if Mustafi still wants out and Monreal isn't getting younger)
a CM,
some competition at RB
and replacements for Alexis and Özil (if both leave)
What a ****ing mess!
Absolutely clear we are on course for a massive rebuild. Our lack of targeted transfers has came back to bite us considerably. We need to stop being opportunistic and seeing who becomes available. We signed Chambers and Holding to be long term replacements for Mertesacker and Koscielny playing alongside Mustafi. We've somehow then switched from a back four to a back three and almost by mistake Monreal became our third centre back and he also needs replacing as he ages.

We signed Kolasanic who in the ideal world would have been back up and natural replacement for Monreal, instead he is in as a Lwb with no competition and no competent reserve replacement.

Meanwhile we haven't bred or tested our two long term cb options. We need to replace three senior pros and no idea who is ready to step in and fill their shoes.

That's before I look at nets, rb, midfield, attacking midfield and the shambles around Özil, Alexis and now Wilshere.

We need major surgery. And it won't come cheap. And therefore it won't happen. And we will hobble along with plasters papering over bullet holes.

NieThePiet

Loves Overhyping Our Rivals
Did you really like what Xhaka produced today? All I saw was passing the ball to the open wing back and taking his time doing so. Not the most difficult skill imo, one I'd value more if the player also offered a little protection to the defence

when you don't see the other things, than it's your fault.
The perfect was to Sanchez to the left wing, who had so much space and he made nothing of it?
Some good tacklings to win balls.

Xhaka had a good game, Kolasinac wasn't good for me, especially in the first half (his passing was shocking).

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Did you really like what Xhaka produced today? All I saw was passing the ball to the open wing back and taking his time doing so. Not the most difficult skill imo, one I'd value more if the player also offered a little protection to the defence

Would be really nice to add some dynamism in midfield. Imagine playing 3 midfielders who can all turn the way Alexis does and can all run and who are all relatively fast. Even better, imagine if two of them can dribble. Yet we are stuck with a team where only the 3 forwards can turn while in possession.

bingobob

Trusted ⭐

The majority of his giveaways are those clipped balls into the box. That's him trying to force the issue IMO.

Agree though - he barely dribbles anymore. Don't know what happened to the Alexis we first had. He would be beating a man with ease.
He is only half interested.

Gooner_girl14

Wenger looked p*ssed in the post match interview. Time wasting, blatant penalty . . .

Said his defenders still got a hangover from the United game. Meaning Kos, because Mustafi missing. It certainly looked like it. Kos looked nervous throughout.
Did he really say we were still affected by the United game after most of these players had the week off?

This clearly shows that Wenger can no longer prepare or motivate his team. I think the players have lost faith in him, as have I.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
If our first 11 isn't on their game their athletic shortcomings are really evident. We don't have any players who take players on with pace and frighten defenders.

We don't have any dynamism in midfield. It's painful watching Xhaka and Ramsey turn while in possession. Everytime I see Alexis or Özil turn repeatedly to lose a defender it makes me wish we had two central midfielders who were capable of that.

We really lack athleticism and technical quality throughout the team.

Agreed completely, we don't have any elite athletes in our team and it's a big miss.

Vibra

Established Member
Would be really nice to add some dynamism in midfield. Imagine playing 3 midfielders who can all turn the way Alexis does and can all run and who are all relatively fast. Even better, imagine if two of them can dribble. Yet we are stuck with a team where only the 3 forwards can turn while in possession.

That's what I've always thought, EVERY top team has a central midfielder who can beat his man. Wish we had someone in the Modric - Verratti mould

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
BT Sport saying that the Lacazette tackle was a stonewall penalty by the letter of the law, according to Graham Pole.

Just wondering how many penalties the refs haven't given us this year. Must be approaching double figures already.
crazy numbers really. crazy!

bingobob

Trusted ⭐

That maybe. Also think he's physically a bit shattered too. Guy has played an insane amount of football over the past 2-3 years.
He has had a good rest for us this season. Didn't feature regularly at the start and no mid week games except one against Koln.

No excuses for our players. They are the only top 6 team who effectively get mid week rests. It's also damning that I'm saying top 6 as opposed to top 4. The season isn't over but I and many other Wenger doubters have said we are in slow decline.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
Did he really say we were still affected by the United game after most of these players had the week off?

This clearly shows that Wenger can no longer prepare or motivate his team. I think the players have lost faith in him, as have I.
Good thing we're paying him 10 million pounds per year to put 11 players on the pitch. Who gives a hoot about tactics and motivation. That's not his job.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom