Southampton Vs Arsenal PL 10/12/2017 12:00pm BT

Discussion in 'Match Day Archive' started by rich 1990, Dec 8, 2017.

?

Who will win?

Poll closed Dec 10, 2017.
  1. Arsenal (don't do it yourself)

59.4%
  2. Sourhampton

25.0%
  3. Draw

15.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TriniGunner

TriniGunner Well-Known Member

From listening to our past players talk about how we prepare for games in training, I would say nothing. Wenger puts a lot of trust in his players to come up with the good during games.

2. Natnat

Natnat Active Member Elite

I should do lol and to other countries football managers too :)

3. Natnat

I work with children and area I cover is ''football'' area :)

4. Natnat

The only thing is I will need to borrow The Tardis as kids were not even born when Sven was manager

5. GeorgiaGunner

GeorgiaGunner Closet United Fan

They're up 6 points on us, and have a +15 better GD. Their opponents thus far have averaged 1.36 points per PL game, while ours have averaged 1.45 -- not a huge difference, and would be smaller if you took the time to control for the fact that 1) teams can't play themselves and 2) opponents' PPG is skewed by the fact that every other team in the dataset has played the team of interest (i.e. City's opponents look worse on a PPG basis by virtue of them playing City as one of their 16 fixtures thus far).

Kind of hard to make a compelling case that we're above them. I think people unfairly knock their quality (from a pure results-based standpoint) due to their aesthetically displeasing style.

American_Gooner likes this.
  6. celestis

celestis Arsenal-Mania Veteran Moderator

Not Sven Goren:p . Our new Head Scout Sven Mislintat

7. Natnat

Opps
    Mind you there is a year 2 lad that if he carries on like he does he will be the next generation Messi shame he not an Arsenal fan or is in their under 9s academy (he told me he playing for under 9s for ~~~)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.