• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Spanish Football 2017/18

Brown Gooner

DoN'T ceNsOR maH FreE SpEecH
The favoritism of RM and Barca in La Liga is beyond ridiculous. As if the league weren't unwatchable enough...
Yesterday Alaves should’ve won. Suarez goal was deflected from Pique’s hand and Messi free kick should never have been because the player who got fouled and earned the free kick was coming back from an offside position.

If that wasn’t enough, late in the game, Umtiti clearly stops a shot on goal with his stretched right hand but no penalty given. I couldn’t believe what I was seeing. If it was the other way around, 10/10 times Uefalona would’ve got a penalty.

No team outside those two has a sniff in La Liga with such blatantly biased officiating and therefore it puts Atletico’s 2014 triumph under Simeone into perspective.

Last edited:

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

Real Madrid's struggle continues. Seems like Zidane keeping his job is depending on the performance in the CL now.

Simply sold too much in the summer and barely invested in players that could really push the current lot, rather investing in very young players. No matter how talented Dani Ceballos, you can't expect him too offer true competition to Kroos or Modric.

Ronaldo also looks hopeless at the moment and Benzema is **** as ever. He must have something on Florentino Perez, unbelievable that he is still their no.1 striker and that they aren't bringing in anyone else.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Simeone's in a weird spot at the moment, all he's ever likely to achieve is the bare minimum of qualifying for the Champions League as it's unlikely both Barca and Real will both have poor seasons domestically like in 2014 any time soon and they just cannot compete financially with either club. There's not really much else for him to do there because as we've seen at certain other clubs, some fans begin to get tired of just achieving what's seen as the bare minimum each season.

I know he probably still has a dream of winning the Champions League, but how realistic is that at a club like Atletico?

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
Simeone's in a weird spot at the moment, all he's ever likely to achieve is the bare minimum of qualifying for the Champions League as it's unlikely both Barca and Real will both have poor seasons domestically like in 2014 any time soon and they just cannot compete financially with either club. There's not really much else for him to do there because as we've seen at certain other clubs, some fans begin to get tired of just achieving what's seen as the bare minimum each season.

I know he probably still has a dream of winning the Champions League, but how realistic is that at a club like Atletico?

If I was him, I'd start learning English and prepare to take over Arsenal. You'd assume he'd walk into the position if he wanted it, and in a way you're kind of the English Atletico at this point, but with a much higher ceiling.

Can't think of a manager more proven to work within the parameters at Arsenal. Only barrier is language.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
Hopefully Messi's just warming himself up for the World Cup and he'll do a m*dness in the summer.

I can actually see that coming...Germany is Germany and France has a great pool to pick from...but with Ronaldo now European Champion, and the WC as probably his last chance, I can see Messi dragging Argentina to the title. He almost did it four years ago.
With Sampaoli they've got a decent manager, who might just be able to put a solid midfield and defence behind Messi, and then let him run the show. But then again, they almost didn't qualify...

CurryFlavoured

Established Member
If I was him, I'd start learning English and prepare to take over Arsenal. You'd assume he'd walk into the position if he wanted it, and in a way you're kind of the English Atletico at this point, but with a much higher ceiling.

Can't think of a manager more proven to work within the parameters at Arsenal. Only barrier is language.
I'd love Simeone but if he comes to England I'd be shocked if he doesn't go to Chelsea. They're traditionally a more defensive/structured side which fits Simeone's bill. And I just couldn't see our board approach him.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Ronaldo also looks hopeless at the moment and Benzema is **** as ever. He must have something on Florentino Perez, unbelievable that he is still their no.1 striker and that they aren't bringing in anyone else.
At one point, they had Raul and Morientes(?), then RvN. Also Luiz Ronaldo.

The current strikers are meh.

Heskey

🌑 🌘🌗🌖🌕🌔🌓🌒
Trusted ⭐
Really glad for Francis. Looks to be taking his chance in Valencia's midfield.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Atletico still hanging in there in terms of the title race. With them being likely favourites for the EL it could still end up a very good season for them.

Notorious Big

Drunka In Friend Zone
Atletico still hanging in there in terms of the title race. With them being likely favourites for the EL it could still end up a very good season for them.

They failed so often in last few seasons.Reckon that 2014 was bad season for Barca and Real in La liga and Atletico used that to max.After that,they choked so many times.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom