• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Spanish Football 2017/18

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
Wenger said he's ready to take another big club and it would be absolutely crazy if Perez offers him the job.
He mentioned two weeks ago he refused Real 2-3 times in the past to stay at Arsenal.

Artisan

Not Emery's Old Pal
Wenger said he's ready to take another big club and it would be absolutely crazy if Perez offers him the job.
He mentioned two weeks ago he refused Real 2-3 times in the past to stay at Arsenal.
It won't happen, but on the other hand Perez did hire Benitez despite him kinda flopping at Napoli. So you never know with them.

SomGooner

Prolific Liker
Why would Real want Poch? He’s just not that high profile for them.

As a player he was an average bum whose best attributes were kicking his opponents, and as a coach he hasn’t proven that he has what it takes to lead the greatest football club ever.

Managing Sp**s (Where your biggest star is a mouthbreathing inbred who steals goals from his teammates by swearing on his daughter’s life) is a child’s play, compared to managing a team full of global superstars with serious appetite for winning major trophies.

SomGooner

Prolific Liker
Apprently he was fed up of not having a say on major decisions regrading the arrivals/departures of players.

But then again many journalists considered him to be a yes man when he got the job in the first place, so I dont know what is true or false.

Over all he’s a legend and will always remain as one of the greatest coaches to ever do it.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Zidane has always protected his own legend very well, even after the 2006 WC final. He has done something no other manager has, what better time to move on than that? All the talk about Perez not wanting him anymore, Perez loves him, no other manager would have been able to stay on after Real Madrid’s first half of the season. And now Zidane delivers the third CL trophy in a row and Perez still doesn’t want him to stay? Give me a break.

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

Were I Poch, I’d let someone else take on the the unenviable task of coaching a touchy, aging squad with sky-high expectations after 3 straight CLs, then pop up in ~2020 (at the latest) to save the day once expectations have been tempered a bit.

I've a feeling whoever steps in now or after the unfortunate fool who succeeds Zidane will face insurmountable odds as the bar has been raised to a monumental degree.

Zidane has ruined Madrid for all potential managers :lol:

carlito'sway

Established Member
Were I Poch, I’d let someone else take on the the unenviable task of coaching a touchy, aging squad with sky-high expectations after 3 straight CLs, then pop up in ~2020 (at the latest) to save the day once expectations have been tempered a bit.

Having said that, this is still a squad able to finish on the top 2 in La Liga and to win the CL again. Not mention that they have some pretty good young players coming up the ranks and have enough money to buy basically any talent they want not named Messi and perhaps Neymar. All in all not a bad gig, all things considered.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
https://www.transfermarkt.de/-bdquo...quo-an-1899-coach-nagelsmann/view/news/309844

BILD/Transfermarkt report that Real Madrid were interested in Julian Nagelsmann to follow Zidane as their manager, but he turned them down after "a bit of pondering".

So not even the arguably current biggest club in football could lure him away, not just Arsenal failed to do so. Puts the part of the search for a new manager, at least regarding Nagelsmann, into perspective.

The article then mentions Wenger as a candidate amongst others for the Real job.

Top Bottom