• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Spyin' Kop article for the Carling Cup game midweek

Ajay

Dear Arsenal fans,

I'm a Liverpool supporter and a member of the independent LFC fansite 'Redandwhitekop.com' In the buildup to the match we run a feature called 'Spyin Kop' in which we ask an opposition fans site for their thoughts on the game and the respective teams.

As well as providing an alternative viewpoint on the upcoming match we hope to bring in some opposition fans for friendly banter and discussion pre and post game. It also gives us the chance to swop information about good pubs, bad burger vans etc.

I've put some questions below in bold and italic, if you or another supporter could answer them and email, or PM, me back we'd be very grateful. If you can't spare the time but know someone who might be able to then please forward this message on to them.

Cheers and regards,

Ajay

ps. When the article is complete I'd be happy to post a link and you'd be welcome to come along to the site and see the reaction. if you wanted to run a similar article we'd be happy to answer any questions you might have about Anfield etc.

What sort of line-up will be put out against us? Will Wenger put a strong team out or send the ressies up?

Any young player(s) we should keep our eyes out for?

With Thierry Henry out injured at the moment, who do you consider your most key player?

What are your expectations for the Carling Cup? Another chance to win a trophy or aren't you bothered if you go out?

Which Liverpool player will you fear the most if they're selected for selection?

You've drawn PSV in the Champions league, happy with that and how far do yuo think you can go this season?

And finally, care to predict the score?

Thanks once again, have a Merry Christmas and New year...

RC8

Established Member
Q: What sort of line-up will be put out against us? Will Wenger put a strong team out or send the ressies up?

A: Since we really need points in the league right now, and had a very difficult game on Saturday, I can't see us coming out with a full strength squad. We'll go out with some experienced players, but we will play many youngsters, maybe Song, Flamini, Aliadiere, and Senderos will play, and even Traore could get an appearence.

Q: Any young player(s) we should keep our eyes out for?

A: Our youngsters are so talented they are all in the first team or out on loan, so the young players you are prone to watch are the second fiddle crop. Flamini tends to score at important games, and don't underestimate Aliadiere if he plays. Although not exactly a young player, Baptista is probably going to start this game, and he might prove crucial for the result of this game if he plays well. He has a goalscoring instinct that could prove useful.

Q: With Thierry Henry out injured at the moment, who do you consider your most key player?

A: Adebayor, Toure, and Gilberto are our key players right now. While Ade is a threat upfront, Gilberto keeps the midfield together, and Toure gives us defensive stability. Fabregas is also very important, but I doubt he is going to play.

Q: What are your expectations for the Carling Cup? Another chance to win a trophy or aren't you bothered if you go out?

A: When I saw we had to play at Anfield I thought we should play to win, but since we have to play at Anfield as well in the FA Cup then I'm not really bothered about this game, we'll have a more important, yet identical cup fixture soon that should be given priority over this one.

Q: Which Liverpool player will you fear the most if they're selected for selection?

A: I'm not really sure, but I guess Marc Gonzales is dangerous, and so are Gerrard and Kuyt. It all depends on which line-up we come out with, if we have weak full backs then Marc is a serious threat, if we have weak centre backs then Kuyt will be very dangerous, and if we have a weak defensive mid then Gerrard could be very effective. That is, of course, if any of those is selected.

Q:You've drawn PSV in the Champions league, happy with that and how far do you think you can go this season?

A: If our players are up for it then we have nothing to worry about, it will all depend on how defensively stable we are when we play them. If we get a good win and regain our CL confidence then I think we can go very far, if we just scrap it then I don't fancy our chances this year.

Q: And finally, care to predict the score?

A: 1-0 To The Arsenal! ;)

Jimbo14

I think that we will play mostly reserves, Arsène never takes the league cup seriously.
I think that Baptista will play though and he may be key, also Walcott might get the nod.
I think we stand a "Good" chance in the CL, I can't see us winning it, but semi's maybe even all the way to the final.
It'll be 2-0 to Arsenal if L'pool play a weak side like I think we will. I hope.

stuart

Established Member
What sort of line-up will be put out against us? Will Wenger put a strong team out or send the ressies up?

i imagine wenger will start with a few more first teamers this time, we saw last year gainst wigan that he started playing the likes of van persie which is a sign that he wouldn't mind an extra trophy. im guessing that walcott will start this one and hopefully a few other young prospects, aliadiere will probably get a run too

walcott is the obvious one, denilson is a very good player but id say song will start ahead of him

With Thierry Henry out injured at the moment, who do you consider your most key player?

fabregas and gilberto but they mightn't play so out of the likely starters id have to say senderos, liverpool will most likely have a stronger team out and so i expect them to be on top of us, we need big phil back at his best to keep the young team confident

What are your expectations for the Carling Cup? Another chance to win a trophy or aren't you bothered if you go out?

yes another chance to win a trophy but i don't really care if we do go out. it is always nice to beat liverpool mind you ;)

Which Liverpool player will you fear the most if they're selected for selection?

would have to say kuyt, he is a super player and could cause havoc in an inexperienced defence, do you think he will start?

You've drawn PSV in the Champions league, happy with that and how far do yuo think you can go this season?

very happy with psv, not so bad we get complacent but not so good that we can't beat them comfortbaly, im confident again this year in the champions league, we gained great experience last year and we are to produce are best this season in europe, have to admit though i think chelski will nick it

im going with 2-1 liverpool

who do you think will win it mate?

merry christmas :!:

M+D

Established Member
Q: What sort of line-up will be put out against us? Will Wenger put a strong team out or send the ressies up?
A: I can't see Wenger wanting to be seen going against his youth policy, so I think it is likely that he will play the same team that played in the last round, except with Baptista starting in place of maybe Walcott, who will be benched. (The team that played last round was basically the subs from the last premiership game, plus some talented youngsters.)

Q: Any young player(s) we should keep our eyes out for?

A: Obviously Baptista, who although he is not that young will be a threat, and then there is a whole host of young players who are dangerous. Denilson, Brazilian Under 19 captain, has done well in previous rounds since his transfer from Sao Paulo in the summer. Incidentally, you might remeber him as he played against you as Sao Paulo beat you in the final of the World Club Championship. At the tender age of 18, he has also been called up to the full Brazil squad in their most recent friendly. Armand Traore, the 17 year old Frenchman, is very highly rated and could replace Clichy at left back for the game. His major attributes are his strength, pace, and his ability to go forward.

Q: With Thierry Henry out injured at the moment, who do you consider your most key player?

A: Well, if we play our usual bunch of subs and reserves, our key player for this game will be Adebayor if he starts, or Djourou, who has been playing well at Cente back recently.

Q: What are your expectations for the Carling Cup? Another chance to win a trophy or aren't you bothered if you go out?

A: I think it's a great competition because of the young players, not despite it, but even so if we get beaten by a strong Liverpool team at Anfield there won't be too many groans of anguish and disappointment.

Q: Which Liverpool player will you fear the most if they're selected for selection?

A: Steven Gerrard, undoubtedly one of the best midfielders on the planet, far better then Fat Frank IMO. If only he could play well for England.... :roll:

Q:You've drawn PSV in the Champions league, happy with that and how far do you think you can go this season?

A: Very happy with that, but I'd hate to be the team that draws Barca, wouldn't you?!! :wink: I think realistically the semi finals would be good, but our style definitely suits the Chapions League well, and with an in form Cesc and Thierry Henr, we have every chance of winning it.

Q: And finally, care to predict the score?
A: Liverpool 1 - 1 Arsenal AET
Arsenal win on penalties. :D

nazo

Established Member
We will probably go with a team that has some reserves and the rest will be first/backup players. I think Lauren will be back against you, Baptista might start, Song might start, Hoyte might start and Senderos and Djourou will probably play. Rosicky might get some time against you guys. And the rest might be some reserves. Aliadiere will probably start i guess.

Aliadiere is a good player, and you should fear Baptista if he starts. If Theo starts you should keep an eye on him too. Some young young players that you should keep an eye on (if they participate in the game) are, Merida, Randall, Traore and Denilson.

Gilberto for me. He has been great. He is scoring some goals (5+ goals already) and is a great leader. He is always there to bail us out sometimes with some clinical tackles. Some other key players this season are, Cesc, Toure, Hleb and recently Ade. Robin is a threat from set-pieces and Eboue started the season fantastically but is off-form right now.

Meh, if the youngsters win the mickey mouse cup for us i will be happy. But if we have to tire out our first team players just to win it, then to heck with it. I'm not that bothered if we get knocked out tbh. Unless the youngsters are playing.

Gerrard probably. Kuyt is a good signing for you guys too. Bellamy has been scoring a few goals lately, so we should keep an eye on him too.

You've drawn PSV in the Champions league, happy with that and how far do you think you can go this season?
The draw isn't the best and obviously isn't the worse. We can advance comfortably if we stay concentrated in both legs. I think we can go on to win the cup if we stick to our football. Tough draw for you guys though, good luck. Knock those bastards out for us ;)

Not knowing who Wenger is most likely going to play, i think the score will be close. 1-0, 2-1, or 2-0 for any side. I don't really care about the result, unless it's the youngsters playing.

Ajay

Cheers fella's, appreciate it.

I'll post the link around half 6 tonight for you all.

How many of you are making the trip up?

N!

Fabio said:
Hey guys, forget this bullshit on being upgraded to forum members.

There's a new forum up, better atmosphere than here and relativley new so join up and make your mark now!

http://thegoonerforum.jconserv.net

or maybe you could stop your shameless self-advertising and tell Saville we don't want to join his stupid forum.

Top Bottom