• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Squad Analysis 2017/18

TornadoTed

Established Member
Still some concerns about our squad after seeing the last couple of friendlies.

Front and attacking midfield looks very good, midfield with Guendouzi and Torreira has some potential now.

But the back line . . . . Kola, Sokratis, Holding, Chambers, Mustafi, Bellerin, Lichsteiner, injured Kos, still don’t inspire me with the same confidence. Particularly if Nacho is being sold on.

I would agree with that assessment, the defence still looks shaky, we really could do with a top class central defender at the very least.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

It’s Jacob Steinberg, I rate the guardian but he’s one of the most negative c*nts under the sun.

Amy Lawrence should have written it, really knows the club inside out.

Last edited:

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
I'm absolutely loving Emery's commitment to learning English. With every press conference he gets better. Any linguist will tell you that grinding it out the way he's doing is the best way to learn.

Yeah he's smart enough to know that English is the common language throughout the squad, if you want to succeed as a manager or a player in the PL, English is vital, its also the language of the ref.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Predicting Arsenal to finish 5th is fair enough tbh. I still think we have the 6th best team in the league, maybe 5th looking at Chelsea and Man United aren't that much better either.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
- Leno, Cech, Martinez

- Monreal, Kolasinac, Sokratis, Mustafi, Koscielny, Mavropanos, Holding, Chambers, Bellerin, Lichtsteiner

- Ramsey, Torreira, Xhaka, Elneny, Guendouzi, AMN

- Özil, Mkhitaryan, Iwobi, Nelson

- Aubameyang, Lacazette, Welbeck

That's a 26 man first team squad, 25 if you sort of discount Koscielny for the time being. If we went into the season with that I wouldn't be upset. It could be better of course but I'd be happy to see how it does.

We have a lot of CBs though and we're still none the wiser as to who will play next to whom. Will one of the young ones go out on loan? Will they all get minutes? Are any of them good enough? The talk at the moment is about the winger position, but the centre-back position is the biggest question mark for me.

Xanth

A9MnYXD.jpg

Rouski

List of teams Arsenal could field with current players available.

1 Leno
2 Bellerin
3 Koscielny
4 Sokratis
5 Monreal
6 Torreira
7 Xhaka
8 Ramsey
9 Lacazette
10 Özil
11 Aubameyang

12 Cech
13 Lichtsteiner
14 Mustafi
15 Chambers
16 Kolasinac
17 Elneny
18 Maitland-Niles
19 Guendouzi
20 Mkhitaryan
21 Iwobi
22 Welbeck

23 Martinez
24 Osei-Tutu
25 Mavropanos
26 Holding
27 DaSilva
28 Bielik
29 Sheaf
30 Wilcock
31 Nelson
32 Smith-Rowe
33 Nketiah

Left out Ospina, Jenkinson, Campbell and Perez due to speculation.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Assuming we do no further business in this position, would it not be productive to send Holding out on loan? He'd really benefit from the sort of thing Chambers had at Boro i.e. regular playing time.

We'll have six CBs after Christmas when Kos presumably returns to action. Assuming Sokratis and Mustafi are the first-choice pairing, that would leave Chambers and Mavro to play the cup games. That sounds reasonable. Mavro still could do with a season to settle in at the club, then maybe next year he could have a loan.

Holding will be 23 soon, but he's not had enough minutes the last two seasons. Young defenders *need* minutes on the pitch, they won't just improve overnight.

Latest posts

Top Bottom