• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Squad Analysis 2018/19

Status
Not open for further replies.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Welbeck has played 126 appearances at the club and 89 games missed through injury. Surely those wages can be used on a more reliable player.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Welbeck has played 126 appearances at the club and 89 games missed through injury. Surely those wages can be used on a more reliable player.

I doubt he’s in a position to ask for a pay rise.

He might take a one or two year deal and back himself to prove his worth to other teams.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
I doubt he’s in a position to ask for a pay rise.

He might take a one or two year deal and back himself to prove his worth to other teams.
Even giving him a deal at the same rate would be a mistake imo, it would have to be on reduced wages. Clubs like Everton, Newcastle and West Ham are linked to him. Depends on if he'd rather be first choice for clubs like that or a bit part player at Arsenal.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Its hard to call the midfield & attacking positions without knowing the planned formations going forward. I would love true width added to the squad but then issue fitting in two strikers.

Hopefully at a minimum we replace the liabilities in first eleven at CB & LB. Then remove the luxury niche players like Özil & Xhaka creating a more balanced team even if less raw quality.

Gunner-Union

Its hard to call the midfield & attacking positions without knowing the planned formations going forward. I would love true width added to the squad but then issue fitting in two strikers.

Hopefully at a minimum we replace the liabilities in first eleven at CB & LB. Then remove the luxury niche players like Özil & Xhaka creating a more balanced team even if less raw quality.

I would like emery to go with 4-3-3 and get players to play this system as it seems to fit the EPL well and a midfield 3 can offer good protection and attacking. Obviously pacy wingers are also needs for this

zhaggy

What could go worse than that (believe me), is when your missy chooses to stick to the channel when you decided not to, and update you of the score each time a goal went in.

And she doesn't even follow football, save when you watch...

**** man, thats.. Savage

ChefMan21

I don't think booting our current crop of youngsters to the kerb is the way to go. For a few reasons:
  1. They are young and need time to reach their potential. It may not be on your time schedule but let's get real here - we're not Man City, Real et al who can just buy the ready made product year in year out and take financial losses against failures with barely a whimper. We don't have the finances to do that. Give them time - manage it smartly by loaning them out - to reach their potential. If they've plateaued for 18 months or so despite all efforts, sell them.
  2. They've played together - a lot. That to me says we've got our hands on a group of mates who'll fight for each other and fight for the club...
  3. ...which also means we're building a club culture. Club culture is important, as it speaks to who we are in comparison to other teams. Like the fact I'm not sure we want to be seen by youth prospects as an impatient club. There's a competitive and financial advantage in creating a good culture.
  4. They add to squad depth, even if it's not in the first XI.
  5. They also help with our homegrown quota. English players are overpriced, somewhat, which has a carry over effect on the rest of our transfer dealings.

Reyes no.11

Formation: 4-3-3

GK: Leno, *GK, Martinez
LB: *LB, Monreal
CB: Sokratis, Koscielny, Mavropanos
CB: *CB, Holding
RB: Bellerin, *RB

CM: *CM, Guendouzi, Smith-Rowe
DM: Torreira, Maitland-Niles
CM: *CM, *CM

LM: *LM, Kolasinac
CF: Aubameyang, *CF, Welbeck
RM: Mkhitaryan, Nelson

In: GK, CB, LB, RB, CM, CM, CM, LM, CF

Out: Cech, Mustafi, Jenkinson, Lichsteiner, Elneny, Xhaka, Ramsey, Özil, Iwobi, Lacazette

First XI:

-------------------------------------Leno

Bellerin------*Alderweireld-------------Sokratis-------*L.Hernandez

-----------------------------------Torreira
----------------*Rabiot-----------------------*Coutinho

Mkhitaryan-----------------------------------------------------*Dembele
----------------------------------Aubameyang

Xanth

Out: Cech, Mustafi, Jenkinson, Lichsteiner, Elneny, Xhaka, Ramsey, Özil, Iwobi, Lacazette

First XI:

Is this a fantasy thing are you envisioning this over like three seasons?

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

First XI:

Good stuff, been too long.

PoleInGoal

Player:Tomiyasu

First XI:

Probably the most farcical post I've ever seen on here :lol: Kolasinac for left wing? Sell Lacazette but keep Miki? AMN as a holding midfielder?

Hernandez is already going to Bayern, Dembele and Coutinho would cost £200m between them, Sp**s would never sell us Alderweireld

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Probably the most farcical post I've ever seen on here :lol: Kolasinac for left wing? Sell Lacazette but keep Miki? AMN as a holding midfielder?

Hernandez is already going to Bayern, Dembele and Coutinho would cost £200m between them, Sp**s would never sell us Alderweireld
If he is going full *****, why bother with Alderweireld and Coutinho when he can add Messi and van Dijk?

lamby22

It's Not Lupus

I like Welbeck and he would have been perfect for Emery's system this season but that's a shocking stat re his injury record. Yet if we don't offer him a new contract that's us losing another asset on a free. His injury really came at the worst time for us.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Was listening to the Guardian’s Football Weekly Podcast and they made a point about our current squad compared to Leicester’s. Compared to theirs how much better is ours? If at all then not by a lot.

As I was thinking about that comment I think I have to agree. There is a real rebuild on our hands. Hope the club gets stuck in at the summer. Time to cut the deadwood and the not quite good enough.

PoleInGoal

Player:Tomiyasu
Was listening to the Guardian’s Football Weekly Podcast and they made a point about our current squad compared to Leicester’s. Compared to theirs how much better is ours? If at all then not by a lot.

As I was thinking about that comment I think I have to agree. There is a real rebuild on our hands. Hope the club gets stuck in at the summer. Time to cut the deadwood and the not quite good enough.

I feel this is strong revisionism brought about by the recent poor run, our squad is definitely better than Leicester's, no one would argue that 3 weeks ago and a bad run of form doesn't change that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom