• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Squad Analysis 2018/19

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
I have ranted about our lack of wingers for two seasons, but yeah I could've included it here. I agree with all your points except I think Kos and Holding can lead a back line and would've formed a solid pair, but we've been pretty unlucky at CB.

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent
Nooooooooooo
We don’t even have a skillful player after cazorla left. Now you want to add more non skillful players. I don’t want us turning into pulis stoke.

That's a funny looking Stoke type they playing in a champions League final for next week, or just narrowly missing out on league title :lol:

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
That's a funny looking Stoke type they playing in a champions League final for next week, or just narrowly missing out on league title :lol:
Chelsea won titles with parking the bus.
It’s ugly disgusting boring and ****.
Most greatest teams in the history brazil, spain, arsenal, barcelona, bayern, man city didn’t play like that.

MikeVinna

Established Member
West Ham?

Oops.. Fulham obviously.

Anyway there’s a couple of great players hiding in Holding/Chambers. If Holding hadnt had that injury he’d have likely been our most solid defender and we wouldn’t have had to rely on Mustafi as much.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
I have ranted about our lack of wingers for two seasons, but yeah I could've included it here. I agree with all your points except I think Kos and Holding can lead a back line and would've formed a solid pair, but we've been pretty unlucky at CB.

Koscielny has never been able to lead a back line, he played his best football with Mertesacker covering him. Every other partnership of his is always poor, he's not a leader. Holding became super overrated after his injury.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Koscielny has never been able to lead a back line, he played his best football with Mertesacker covering him. Every other partnership of his is always poor, he's not a leader. Holding became super overrated after his injury.
I always have a feeling that you watch Arsenal in some alternate reality.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist

I seem to recall Koscielny being quite good before Mertesacker even joined the club, despite being teamed with Djourou and Squillaci.

BigPoppaPump

I always have a feeling that you watch Arsenal in some alternate reality.

Koscielny has been a mainstay in so many terrible defences, but it’s everyone else being **** and not him?

I seem to recall Koscielny being quite good before Mertesacker even joined the club, despite being teamed with Djourou and Squillaci.

That’s just not true, he was worse than Mustafi his first few years here.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist

Considering that he was 4th in Player of the Season voting one season and 2nd the next, I'm surprised Arsenal narrowly escaped relegation.

This is what Sportskeeda wrote about him at the end of the 2011-12 season:

This season, the 25 year-old has been the spine of Arsenal’s defence and has even managed to grab himself a goal and an assist. His goal happened to be Arsenal’s first of 2012. The talented defender has been up there with Kompany and Lescott this season and has made 78 tackles in 29 games. 20 more than Kompany (58) and 30 more than Lescott (48).

What I like most about Koscielny is that he is so underrated and strikers don’t see him as a threat but when they face him, they struggle as much as they would against the likes of Puyol. A lot of people joke about him on Twitter saying that he would keep Messi, Ba, Aguero, Suarez, Holt and Drogba in his back pocket. Gooners even renamed him as “Bosscielny”

Let’s be honest, apart from Fernando Torres and Andy Carroll, of course, Koscielny is by far the most improved player of the season. His partnership with Vermaelen has been vital in our run to 3rd place and many Arsenal lovers would say he’s been just as good, if not better than Vermaelen this season.

BigPoppaPump

Considering that he was 4th in Player of the Season voting one season and 2nd the next, I'm surprised Arsenal narrowly escaped relegation.

This is what Sportskeeda wrote about him at the end of the 2011-12 season:

This season, the 25 year-old has been the spine of Arsenal’s defence and has even managed to grab himself a goal and an assist. His goal happened to be Arsenal’s first of 2012. The talented defender has been up there with Kompany and Lescott this season and has made 78 tackles in 29 games. 20 more than Kompany (58) and 30 more than Lescott (48).

What I like most about Koscielny is that he is so underrated and strikers don’t see him as a threat but when they face him, they struggle as much as they would against the likes of Puyol. A lot of people joke about him on Twitter saying that he would keep Messi, Ba, Aguero, Suarez, Holt and Drogba in his back pocket. Gooners even renamed him as “Bosscielny”

Let’s be honest, apart from Fernando Torres and Andy Carroll, of course, Koscielny is by far the most improved player of the season. His partnership with Vermaelen has been vital in our run to 3rd place and many Arsenal lovers would say he’s been just as good, if not better than Vermaelen this season.

And I could find tweets that say he's crap, this doesn't mean anything. You brought up old tweets thinking you killed it in this argument didn't you?

Only Arsenal fans consider Koscielny world class, and that's because he's better than guys like Djourou and Squllaci so it's not like we've had much to compare him too. Mertesacker was much better, Koscileny is too rash and makes too many mistakes. Although he has had great games and form for us over the years, he just can't lead a line like how we need to and it's no surprise he's been he mainstay in so many terrible defenses.

I still remember him being put in a headlock by Quaresma and crying infront of the whole team because of bad form, this is your king?

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Only Arsenal fans consider Koscielny world class, and that's because he's better than guys like Djourou and Squllaci so it's not like we've had much to compare him too. Mertesacker was much better, Koscileny is too rash and makes too many mistakes. Although he has had great games and form for us over the years, he just can't lead a line like how we need to and it's no surprise he's been he mainstay in so many terrible defenses.
I never had a feeling that Arsenal fans thought of him as a world class player, but he was consistent throughout his career here and was always the best of the 2 CB's in every combination. That earns him respect from the fans and you are probably the only one who would rate him below Mertersaker or Mustafi. Koscienly was absolutely one of the best buys from Wenger and not many can argue that.

PoleInGoal

Player:Tomiyasu
Every time in recent years that we've had a good defensive run, Koscielny has always been there. Kos-Djourou, Kos-Mertesacker, Kos-Sokratis. It's not a coincidence

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
For a period, Koscielny was surely amongst the best defenders in Europe and undoubtedly was amongst the best in the Premier League. Worth mentioning that he'd have been starting for France in the world cup if he didn't get injured.

He should have left us five years ago!

BigPoppaPump

I never had a feeling that Arsenal fans thought of him as a world class player, but he was consistent throughout his career here and was always the best of the 2 CB's in every combination. That earns him respect from the fans and you are probably the only one who would rate him below Mertersaker or Mustafi. Koscienly was absolutely one of the best buys from Wenger and not many can argue that.

Nah, Mustafi is terrible nowhere on Koscielny's level. But I rate Mertesacker higher yeah, tbh I think Per was our best CB since Campbell/Toure.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Nah, Mustafi is terrible nowhere on Koscielny's level. But I rate Mertesacker higher yeah, tbh I think Per was our best CB since Campbell/Toure.
Both Kos and Mert had their share of blunders with us, at best I can put them on the same level. Mert was slow as a snail, that's why it was important to have pacey partner like Kos, but Mert was more important for his positional play and height in the box. I can't see a single reason why would anyone rate Mert more than Kos, they both had strengths and weaknesses.

BigPoppaPump

Both Kos and Mert had their share of blunders with us, at best I can put them on the same level. Mert was slow as a snail, that's why it was important to have pacey partner like Kos, but Mert was more important for his positional play and height in the box. I can't see a single reason why would anyone rate Mert more than Kos, they both had strengths and weaknesses.

I just don't like how rash Koscielny is, I've seen us concede so many goals because he just wants to run at players and leave massive gaps for people to run into.

Look at Alexis' goal, Koscielny runs at Lukaku for no reason even though there's already players on Lukaku leaving that massive space for Alexis to run into. Alexis just runs into where Koscielny vacates for an easy goal.

He does stuff like this every game, which is why we're always so vulnerable with him. His rashness looks good when it works so people tend to overrate him for it.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
And I could find tweets that say he's crap, this doesn't mean anything. You brought up old tweets thinking you killed it in this argument didn't you?

I still remember him being put in a headlock by Quaresma and crying infront of the whole team because of bad form, this is your king?

I could find tweets that say just about anybody is crap. The difference, of course, being that the tweets I provided are from people who actually know **** from Shinola. The tweets -- one of which is actually from Arsenal FC itself -- are also backed up by facts.

BigPoppaPump

I could find tweets that say just about anybody is crap. The difference, of course, being that the tweets I provided are from people who actually know **** from Shinola. The tweets -- one of which is actually from Arsenal FC itself -- are also backed up by facts.

Why don’t you come with your own opinion instead of regurgitating what someone else said?

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Why don’t you come with your own opinion instead of regurgitating what someone else said?

So basically you're saying "uncle" on this one then. Good. But let me explain to you how this works, since you seem to have drifted off from it.

You said:

Koscielny has never been able to lead a back line, he played his best football with Mertesacker covering him. Every other partnership of his is always poor, he's not a leader.

I responded with this fact-based opinion:

I seem to recall Koscielny being quite good before Mertesacker even joined the club...

You responded with this even more nonsensical opinion:

I responded rather sarcastically (while backing up my claim with facts by linking tweets from those years):

To which you said:

And I could find tweets that say he's crap, this doesn't mean anything.

And I responded:

I could find tweets that say just about anybody is crap. The difference, of course, being that the tweets I provided are from people who actually know **** from Shinola.

You see, the tweets were provided to back up my opinion. You provided nothing to back up your own opinion. You just continued to babble nonsense. There's a reason nobody was agreeing with you.

BigPoppaPump

So basically you're saying "uncle" on this one then. Good. But let me explain to you how this works, since you seem to have drifted off from it.

You said:

Koscielny has never been able to lead a back line, he played his best football with Mertesacker covering him. Every other partnership of his is always poor, he's not a leader.

I responded with this fact-based opinion:

I seem to recall Koscielny being quite good before Mertesacker even joined the club...

You responded with this even more nonsensical opinion:

I responded rather sarcastically (while backing up my claim with facts by linking tweets from those years):

To which you said:

And I could find tweets that say he's crap, this doesn't mean anything.

And I responded:

I could find tweets that say just about anybody is crap. The difference, of course, being that the tweets I provided are from people who actually know **** from Shinola.

You see, the tweets were provided to back up my opinion. You provided nothing to back up your own opinion. You just continued to babble nonsense. There's a reason nobody was agreeing with you.

So you want me to debate tweets from 2012 made by other people? I gave video evidence to back my point of Koscielny being rash, you don’t really have a point you’re just waffling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom