• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Squad Analysis 2019/20

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

This is the technically the poorest side of my life time. Very slow thinkers, poor passing, static movement. Couldn't be further from a Wenger side really.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
How much can we recoup?

Hard to see us make a fee profit on any of them except possibly Chambers and maybe Torreira.

It's all just guess work but

Xhaka - £20m
Mustafi - £20m
Kolasinac - £10m (high wages)
Sokratis - £5m
Torreira - £30m
Luiz - £2m
Chambers - £30m
Lacazette - £40m

£150m maybe

Likely most will be loaned reducing their value with each year of contract we lose and we make a lot less

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Hard to see us make a fee profit on any of them except possibly Chambers and maybe Torreira.

It's all just guess work but

Xhaka - £20m
Mustafi - £20m
Kolasinac - £10m (high wages)
Sokratis - £5m
Torreira - £30m
Luiz - £2m
Chambers - £30m
Lacazette - £40m

£150m maybe

Likely most will be loaned reducing their value with each year of contract we lose and we make a lot less

I think that is optimistic! I'd say most would probably be a loan with option to buy.

Xhaka - £20m - Possibly less because of the situtation
Mustafi - £12m - Probably as some **** structured deal because Italians.
Kolasinac - £10m
Sokratis - £5m - At a push
Torreira - £22m - Probably as some **** structured deal because Italians.
Luiz - Free - Wont actually sell him so...
Chambers - £20m - At a push.
Lacazette - £35m - Cut price because he will want out / not sign new deal.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
I think that is optimistic! I'd say most would probably be a loan with option to buy.

Xhaka - £20m - Possibly less because of the situtation
Mustafi - £12m - Probably as some **** structured deal because Italians.
Kolasinac - £10m
Sokratis - £5m - At a push
Torreira - £22m - Probably as some **** structured deal because Italians.
Luiz - Free - Wont actually sell him so...
Chambers - £20m - At a push.
Lacazette - £35m - Cut price because he will want out / not sign new deal.
We could get more for Xhaka.

HaffBR

Designer of fancy pyramids
Sell Xhaka and Torreira and with that money bring a proper DMC like Wilfred Ndidi from Leicester. You could use Luiz or Chambers there to rotate.

Then the midfield I'm OK with Guendouzi (esp. if you consider his age), then Willock, Ceballos are players of similar characteristics, players with good dribbling under pressure, who could help defense if asked to etc, but who don't have yet Arsenal's level in my opinion. You could keep one of the two (Willock imo since he is actually an Arsenal player). They are more offensive options than Matteo imo.

AMN in the few games I've seen he doesn't seem to have the level required for Arsenal, for nothing. Özil is a attacker imo, you could sell Özil for me, if you get other CAM/Advance playmaker like Ziyech or Eriksen for example. Willock could be your CAM reserve.

Wilfred Ndidi (Chambers/Luiz subs)
Guendouzi (?)
CM (Willock)
Özil (or Ziyech or Eriksen etc)

Eriksen could play as CM, could be a solution. I would try Bruno Guimarães from Brazil. Not sure if the team has no problem with extra-community players though. Eriksen + Bruno Guimarães could come for maybe the same price as Ceballos or Ziyech or even cheaper than both. I don't no if Eriksen would be interested though.

Ndidi (Chambers, Luiz) as DMC
Guendouzi, Bruno Guimarães, Eriksen, Willock as MC/AMC

¹If money is not the question, you could keep Torreira for SUB in the DMC or even as MC (not as CAM tho).
PD: Özil hard to leave too.

Anyway it's just ideas, the fact is that quality is lacking in midfield.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Realistically I think we need to be selling players and buying a marquee CM and CB

I think Holding is worth trying out next to someone quality. Chambers I don't mind as a deputy CB but he's not a RB. We need a new RB

Then we need a powerful, quality CM but not just a clogger.

OSBK

Established Member
I'm probably content with Kolasinac as our reserve LB if I'm honest

At 100k a week, no way. Kola doesnt improve us at all when he plays. We would be better selling him for 25mill and buying a top young prospect.

OSBK

Established Member
I feel bad writing some of this because they have had bad injuries.

Out-
Martinez- he is not pushing leno as starter.
Bellerin- i look at ricardo at leicester, the kid at rb for norwich, and they are well ahead of a fully fit bellerin. Time to cash in.
Amn- 22 years old, no fixed position. Do we sit here for 4 more seasons before he goes to everton?
Holding- i know he has had injuries but he wont be elite or even good enough for england. We cant waste 3 or 4 years hoping anymore.
Luiz- joke of a defender.
Sok- 50% great 50% garbage.
Mustafi- car crash.
Kola- not good enough, he has had more moments to change games than anyone in the team but lacks the quality.
Xhaka- i originally thought he could do it but the league is too fast for him. Neves would cost us 40mill and is twice the player.
Torrira- something aint right. When he first came he intercepted and closed off passing lanes so well. I think he wanted out in the summer and we blocked it.
DC- nahhhh, not prem material.
Özil- quality player but the wrong quality for us.
Laca- i really like this guy and in a well drilled focused team he would thrive. We cannot offer him that.

Ins-
Gk- unsure but needs to be a 18yr top prospect.
Rb- we need 2. If we could get ricardo for 30mill then super, kid from norwich.
Cb- dunk, solid defender. Jonathan tah, good player.
Lb- digne, wages less than kola and twice the player. Real competition at fullbacks.
Cdm- neves, the guy is a baller.
Cm- grealish, guy is a cocky **** who can play ball.
Winger- st A maxim. Seen him live twice at newcastle and the guy has all the ingrediants to destroy worlds in the right team.

Team

Leno

Ricardo
Dunk
Tah
Teirney

Neves
Grealish
Willock

Pepe
Auba
SAM

Subs-
Gk
Kid from norwich
Saliba
Digne
Doozi
Saka
Martinelli

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Love to read in the thread that we should sell/can sell Özil... We will not sell him because we cannot. Best we can hope for is to pay someone to take some of his salary of our payroll. A loan deal is probably the best we can hope for. His contract will run down and then he will leave for free. He has us over a barrel.

Went through his transfer history. God did we overpay for him in 2013 and the one who decided on his ****ing 2018 contract extension should have their heads examined. We basically tied our future to an aging over the hill part time player. That his how you mismanage a club 101.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

The squad still feels to big. The likes of AMN should be getting offered this January to any acceptable bidder.

Get some of the younger players out on loan and get a core group of 17 or 18 players to work with. I'd also put feelers out for one of Aubameyang or Lacazette. I cant see how they work together in the same team. Lacazette is probably the one I'd get rid off first as he is less versatile.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
It’s crazy how pretty much every signing in the last 5 years have been a flop apart from Aubameyang and Leno.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
It’s crazy how pretty much every signing in the last 5 years have been a flop apart from Aubameyang and Leno.

gAo0CoF.jpg

;)

Top Bottom