• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Squad Analysis 2019/20

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
****! You rule here! Your avatar does not do you justice!!! ;)

Should get a HHH avatar, my boy buried Scott in 2003!

MV5BZGQ5NGE4ZDgtODRkYS00ZDhiLTgwN2ItZDY5MDc2NTNhMTFmXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyOTA0NzE2MzA@._V1_.jpg

What ya say @BigPoppaPump ;)

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
I feel bad writing some of this because they have had bad injuries.

Out-
Martinez- he is not pushing leno as starter.
Bellerin- i look at ricardo at leicester, the kid at rb for norwich, and they are well ahead of a fully fit bellerin. Time to cash in.
Amn- 22 years old, no fixed position. Do we sit here for 4 more seasons before he goes to everton?
Holding- i know he has had injuries but he wont be elite or even good enough for england. We cant waste 3 or 4 years hoping anymore.
Luiz- joke of a defender.
Sok- 50% great 50% garbage.
Mustafi- car crash.
Kola- not good enough, he has had more moments to change games than anyone in the team but lacks the quality.
Xhaka- i originally thought he could do it but the league is too fast for him. Neves would cost us 40mill and is twice the player.
Torrira- something aint right. When he first came he intercepted and closed off passing lanes so well. I think he wanted out in the summer and we blocked it.
DC- nahhhh, not prem material.
Özil- quality player but the wrong quality for us.
Laca- i really like this guy and in a well drilled focused team he would thrive. We cannot offer him that.

Ins-
Gk- unsure but needs to be a 18yr top prospect.
Rb- we need 2. If we could get ricardo for 30mill then super, kid from norwich.
Cb- dunk, solid defender. Jonathan tah, good player.
Lb- digne, wages less than kola and twice the player. Real competition at fullbacks.
Cdm- neves, the guy is a baller.
Cm- grealish, guy is a cocky **** who can play ball.
Winger- st A maxim. Seen him live twice at newcastle and the guy has all the ingrediants to destroy worlds in the right team.

Team

Leno

Ricardo
Dunk
Tah
Teirney

Neves
Grealish
Willock

Pepe
Auba
SAM

Subs-
Gk
Kid from norwich
Saliba
Digne
Doozi
Saka
Martinelli

Keep dreaming mate or playing championship manager.

Your above players would cost.

Ricardo- 40m
Dunk- was quoted around 30-40m in summer.
Tah- haven't a clue haven't seen him enough
Neves- 40m
Grealish-40m easily English could be more
SAM- whatever Newcastle paid double it.

Those figures are conservervative and quite frankly it wont happen. We are not man city.

OSBK

Established Member
Keep dreaming mate or playing championship manager.

Your above players would cost.

Ricardo- 40m
Dunk- was quoted around 30-40m in summer.
Tah- haven't a clue haven't seen him enough
Neves- 40m
Grealish-40m easily English could be more
SAM- whatever Newcastle paid double it.

Those figures are conservervative and quite frankly it wont happen. We are not man city.

We can all dream pal. I dont think its unrealistic over 2 maybe 3 windows to achieve those players or similar. It would require us to sell the above players suggested for good money.

Thats pocket change for city these days. Chelsea and utd will spend that in the summer without blinking.

Jae

This squad is an absolute mess. Years of poor decision making by our board. So many players that have failed to make it here. So who is worth keeping next season and who are we wanting shut of?

Keep
Lacazette
Nketiah
Martinelli
Pepe
Guendouzi
Saka
Kolasinac
Tierney
Willock (loan)
ESR (loan)
Nelson (loan)
Bellerin (would sell if Barca come in with a great offer)
Saliba
Holding
Leno

Sell
Aubameyang
Özil (finished here)
El Neny
Mhkitarian
Torreira (sell if we get a good offer)
Ceballos (return to Madrid)
Xhaka (see Özil)
Sokratis
Mustafi
Chambers
Mavropanos
Luiz
AMN

Ash10

Chairman of the Bum Brigade
There are so many holes in the squad irrespective of today's result as we were largely unlucky with their clinical nature & the injury so early in the game. The whole defence is a joke, almost as bad as the midfield situation. You don't get away with playing so many young or unproven players in the premier league unless they're all at least very good. Most of our young players aren't ready for which I don't blame them. Our coaching is shocking & our last few transfer windows have screwed us big time.
More than anything we need a Ramsey replacement as he papered over a lot of our cracks with his unreal engine while also just being the best CM we had last year by a mile.
I don't even want to think about defence as I might get sicker than I am already

Reactions: Jae

HBL

Established Member
Break the bank for Camavinga. Would be our DMC sorted, brilliant defensive stats and getting better technically.

Nyctophobia

Established Member
Seems like far too many Arsenal players care more about everything besides football, like they've forgotten what their job is.

The players need to look themselves in the mirror and start putting more effort into it, there's absolutely no fight in our team and no manager can make our players do the job when they don't seem to care at all.

HaffBR

Designer of fancy pyramids
CM with fast touch of the ball, creative, could work in defense too, could play long balls. (second option CAM)
DMC with quality who can cover the pitch.
CB with quality and good age.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
Break the bank for Camavinga. Would be our DMC sorted, brilliant defensive stats and getting better technically.
Can't put the pressure on the shoulders of a 17 year old to turn our midfield around. Need a more experienced player there as well (Partey). Seems to be doing very well though. Definitely interesting.

Dutch D

I feel bad writing some of this because they have had bad injuries.

Out-
Martinez- he is not pushing leno as starter.
Bellerin- i look at ricardo at leicester, the kid at rb for norwich, and they are well ahead of a fully fit bellerin. Time to cash in.
Amn- 22 years old, no fixed position. Do we sit here for 4 more seasons before he goes to everton?
Holding- i know he has had injuries but he wont be elite or even good enough for england. We cant waste 3 or 4 years hoping anymore.
Luiz- joke of a defender.
Sok- 50% great 50% garbage.
Mustafi- car crash.
Kola- not good enough, he has had more moments to change games than anyone in the team but lacks the quality.
Xhaka- i originally thought he could do it but the league is too fast for him. Neves would cost us 40mill and is twice the player.
Torrira- something aint right. When he first came he intercepted and closed off passing lanes so well. I think he wanted out in the summer and we blocked it.
DC- nahhhh, not prem material.
Özil- quality player but the wrong quality for us.
Laca- i really like this guy and in a well drilled focused team he would thrive. We cannot offer him that.
I agree with the list, except for Holding. Can imagine we hold on to him to not lose the entire group of centre halves. Would sell Chambers instead. Never going to be good enough for our squad.

Not a lot left.

What annoys me most about our centre halves is that they're 'alibi defending'. Not actual defending, just pretend defending. Giving attackers plenty of space to shoot or find teammates. It's disgusting. Luiz is the worst culprit. Never rated him as a CB.

HBL

Established Member
Can't put the pressure on the shoulders of a 17 year old to turn our midfield around. Need a more experienced player there as well (Partey). Seems to be doing very well though. Definitely interesting.
Partey would be excellent, we should've listened to Emery on that one; made for the prem. I don't think pressure would be a problem for Camavinga, already massive expectations on him in France, probably has elite mentality breaking into a first team at 16.

Dutch D

Underlined = not good enough
Cursive = uncertain

Squad

GK: Leno, Martinez, Macey

RB: Bellerin, Maitland-Niles
CB: Sokratis, Holding, Mustafi, Chambers, Mavropanos, Saliba
LB: Tierney, Kolasinac

DM: Torreira, Elneny, Luiz
CM: Ceballos, Willock, Guendouzi, Xhaka
AM: Özil, Smith-Rowe

RW: Pepe, Mkhitaryan
ST: Aubameyang, Lacazette, Nketiah
LW: Saka, Nelson, Martinelli

Squad is very thin if we lose all those players. At the same time a hard reset might be useful given the absolutely dreadful situation we are in. We won't compete any time soon.

RB: Bellerin has half a year to show whether we need a first choice or back-up RB, or both. Hope he comes good, but first signs aren't promising. I have more or less given up on AMN.

CB: All our central defenders don't actually mark the opposition. So the biggest revamp needs to happen there. Chambers, Mustafi, Sokratis all are not up to the required standard. Holding could be depending on how he comes back. I have good hope he'll return to form. Mavro is a crock. Keep Sokratis because you can't sell all your central defenders in one year, no matter how much I want to. Absolutely need two starting quality CBs.

LB: I don't really rate Kolasinac that highly, would rather see a homegrown back-up to Tierney. We need to recoup a lot of money to rebuild the squad. At the same time you can't sell everyone. Kola is fringe stay/go.

DM: Torreira is having a really difficult time. I still think he could do quite well with an athletic, mobile and technically astute CM to compliment his weaknesses. If he does leave we need to buy a DM that fits the PL profile ánd is good at transitioning from defense to attack. I put Luiz here, because he's not a defender. I just as gladly get rid of him again, but I doubt there will be suitors.

CM: Xhaka must go. Ceballos is really disappointing me. Thought he could be our all-action CM (Frenkie de Jong style) who has grit and technical ability, but especially the latter is really poor so far (so many easy passes misplaced). Guendouzi shouldn't be in the starting line-up, liking him less every day. Has much to learn. Willock disappointing after a bright start, but think he'd be better as an 8 in a functioning midfield than Guendouzi. Ideally, both are bench options though. Ideally need two senior midfielders (possibly one DM one CM, depending on the Torreira situation).

CAM: Was hoping Özil might step up for the remainder of the season but he needs to go at the end of this season. Can then transition to a 3 midfield system with one more creative player (Aouar type). ESR is an exciting prospect. Think he should get a bigger role next season.

Wings: lots of prospects, which is exciting. Need our marquee signing to step up as the main threat in the following season. Had hoped the prospects would be further along in their development, but we might need a first choice LW (also dependent on what happens at ST).

ST: I would definitely get rid of Lacazette as back-up. Underperforming for multiple seasons, but does (still) represent significant value. Could use that money to rebuild defense and midfield. Rely on Nketiah and Martinelli as substitutes. Aubameyang's is an interesting situation. I can understand he wants to leave to win some silverware. No point in keeping him around for a multi-year rebuild. Definitely need a marquee ST ánd LW in that case though, because these types of players define the attractiveness of a top club. Don't know if Jovic is the right player to replace Auba, Dembele could be interesting too.

TLDR: dire state, need a drastic overhaul (duh).

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
Our squad is better then people think, but the problem is poor balance in it.
Think it's a good one to work it as you can easily decide who doesnt fit in and get the proper help from outside.
Not easy to do it quickly, but Raul showed he can get deals done, we just need someone to get it right with choosing who stays and who goes, as we can't sell 10 of them and get 10 new ones in one window. Needs to be done smart and effective thru few transfer windows

HaffBR

Designer of fancy pyramids
Maddison, Soyuncu and Ndidi

'Cheap' Option: Grealish instead of Maddison and Nathan Aké instead of Soyuncu.

More realtistic.

Grealish is way above Aston Villa's level and if one of the best player in the league, could plays as AMC or even as creative MC instead of LW, even tho he could player there too. He offers solution, 24 years old (still hungry and at his peak) with english bonus.
Ideal option: James Maddison
Other options: Bruno Fernandes, Ziyech.

Ndidi is the only option that I could think actually that could fix and cover the midifield defensively, he is from Leicester, a team that is actually second on the league. 23 years old only.
Perhaps Partey or even Marcos Llorente (not settled in Atlético Madrid, could be available for 25-30 million, I think he was quality for Real Madrid last season, more than Ceballos in fact) are the other options. Zakaria? Declan Rice?

Nathan Aké. 25 yo, seems to be a great defender, probably would cost less than someone like Soyuncu that is my ideal option. Upacameno, Skriniar but I don't know if they are available.

Martinelli Aubameyang Pepé
Grealish Torreira
Ndidi
Tierney Aké Saliba Bellerin
Leno

or

Grealish Aubameyang Pepé
Torreira Guendouzi
Ndidi
Tierney Aké Holding Bellerin
Leno

or then turn it more english, Declan Rice, Grealish and others. Arsenal needs more pride.

Last edited:
Top Bottom