• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Squad Analysis 2019/20

OmegaOs

If you we were to put all 20 PL teams in a relay race where do you think our team would finish? I honestly think near the bottom. The only players who I consider to be fast are Auba, Martinelli and AMN. That's it. I would say Saka, Nelson, Pepe, and Kolasinac (at full throttle) are quick but I still want more pace. Wenger valued technical security but he knew he keep around some quick players

Nyctophobia

Established Member
I'm worried that our squad isn't much of a squad at all, seems to me like there's a big divide in the dressing room, little cliques here and there.

Must be hard for Freddie to manage the group, especially alone.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Maddison, Soyuncu and Ndidi

'Cheap' Option: Grealish instead of Maddison and Nathan Aké instead of Soyuncu.

More realtistic.

Grealish is way above Aston Villa's level and if one of the best player in the league, could plays as AMC or even as creative MC instead of LW, even tho he could player there too. He offers solution, 24 years old (still hungry and at his peak) with english bonus.
Ideal option: James Maddison
Other options: Bruno Fernandes, Ziyech.

Ndidi is the only option that I could think actually that could fix and cover the midifield defensively, he is from Leicester, a team that is actually second on the league. 23 years old only.
Perhaps Partey or even Marcos Llorente (not settled in Atlético Madrid, could be available for 25-30 million, I think he was quality for Real Madrid last season, more than Ceballos in fact) are the other options. Zakaria? Declan Rice?

Nathan Aké. 25 yo, seems to be a great defender, probably would cost less than someone like Soyuncu that is my ideal option. Upacameno, Skriniar but I don't know if they are available.

Martinelli Aubameyang Pepé
Grealish Torreira
Ndidi
Tierney Aké Saliba Bellerin
Leno

or

Grealish Aubameyang Pepé
Torreira Guendouzi
Ndidi
Tierney Aké Holding Bellerin
Leno

or then turn it more english, Declan Rice, Grealish and others. Arsenal needs more pride.

In what world is Ake a cheap option?

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
If you we were to put all 20 PL teams in a relay race where do you think our team would finish? I honestly think near the bottom. The only players who I consider to be fast are Auba, Martinelli and AMN. That's it. I would say Saka, Nelson, Pepe, and Kolasinac (at full throttle) are quick but I still want more pace. Wenger valued technical security but he knew he keep around some quick players

Interesting point you raise. I think we’ve got a decent amount of pace in the team. It’s a shame Bellerin has had so many injuries- he was ****ing lightning at one point;

I’d say Pepe is fast. We’ve not really seen it much but he does have electric pace. Other than that you’re probably right there’s not a ridiculous amount of pace in the team but I don’t think we’re particularly suffering in that department though.

Jakarta

We need power and pace.

A fast physical CB who has potential
A CB who can lead and organize the defence. How good is Dunk?
A good RB who can eventually take Bellerin’s place
A strong physical ball winner DM
An athletic box to box mid who can chip in with goals
A CM who can control the midfield and dictate play ala Grealish
A tricky fast hardworking LW
A mobile target man striker who can be a plan B

This won’t be a quick fix. It will take several transfer windows.

We shouldn’t look at expensive players for each position. Rather we should go for talented youngsters who are ready to break out and hungry players who are ready to take the next step up.

No need to spend 70m + on the likes of Ake etc.

tactica442

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I'm worried that our squad isn't much of a squad at all, seems to me like there's a big divide in the dressing room, little cliques here and there.

Must be hard for Freddie to manage the group, especially alone.
Same feeling here. They don't seem play for each other with good spirit. That could also explain why Emery took a long time to decide captaincy after Koscielny leaving.

HaffBR

Designer of fancy pyramids
- A CM who can control the midfield and dictate play ala Grealish
- A tricky fast hardworking LW

Grealish can fit there, a creative CM, AM, a dribbler and playmaker playing on the left as well, in all these position he can perform with quality from what I have seen, 24 years old at his peak, english pride, seems to be very marketable too. So, just buy this guy.

You have for the LW positon maybe some more world class potential in Saka (your tricky fast LW) or Martinelli (an inside left forward) and some options in the midfield like Willock or ESR, more than only Torreira and Guendouzi.

So just buy Grealish.

And then go for the best 22-26 years old DM and CB Arsenal can buy. In that sense I might rather spend the amount you would spend on a Zaha type of life (which seems to me a headless every time I see him) on Ndidi and a Soyuncu. It will be expensive, but they are players with the ability to raise Arsenal's status in the right positions.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Big Wenga has spoken:

"I believe that it's not a question of time. The change can be very efficient very quickly, it's just about the right decision-making and that's all that it's about in football, it's about good players.

"We speak about the success of Liverpool, of course they have a great manager, but you have to say as well that in the last three-four years, they bought the right players."

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Think we need a different approach to building our squad.

Our attempts at flexing our financial muscle has been at the expense of building a good team.

£110m on Auba and Laca but we can't provide them with many goal scoring opportunities.

£30m in Leno but can't protect him with decent defenders.

£72m on Pepe but our team can't provide him opportunities like he had against West Ham

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
We need 2 new CBs and a DM like Fabinho or Fernandinho. From there we should build the rest of the squad. Don't what we've been playing at all these years with some of the recruitment.

zhaggy

Everyone still sold on Upamecano? The games i´ve watched with Leipzig he seems kinda clumsy and i think he would have a hard time in the PL.
I may be wrong and if we do end up buying him i hope he proves me wrong

chessygoal

Everyone still sold on Upamecano? The games i´ve watched with Leipzig he seems kinda clumsy and i think he would have a hard time in the PL.
I may be wrong and if we do end up buying him i hope he proves me wrong
I have only watched him with the french youth teams. Huge potential, but very prone to mistakes. He reminds me of Koscielny when he first arrived.
We need to start over at CB anyway. If we end up with 2 established CB + Saliba and Upamecano and maybe keep one of Holding/Chambers, then Upamecano would be a great transfer.
But if we bet on him to save our defense, it won't work, he's still a prospect and need a few years before reaching maturity.

GunnerShy

Wish list

Out:
Mustafi
Xhaka
Torreira
Özil (with some luck)
One of Auba & Laca

In:
Thomas Party
Timo Werner
RB cover
Houssem Aouar

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

I still feel the nuts and bolts are there for a good team. We are just missing one key player. See the difference Laporte being out for City has made. That one player can knit together everything else.

That position for me based on current thought process is central midfield. Once we get that sorted properly the rest falls into place.

Reactions: A_G

Goonger

I still feel the nuts and bolts are there for a good team. We are just missing one key player. See the difference Laporte being out for City has made. That one player can knit together everything else.

That position for me based on current thought process is central midfield. Once we get that sorted properly the rest falls into place.

I'd maybe stretch that 2 two players. We need a commanding, strong central defender who isn't a slouch. I posted in the wish list thread a few times but someone like Demiral would be an ideal partner for Saliba for the next few years. A fully fit pair of Bellerin & Tierney coupled with Saliba & someone like Demiral gives us pace, strength, power, presence, calmness on the ball etc. Transforms our defence totally.

Then, they need more protection in front. Play 3 in midfield, with Torreira at the base & see if he can cut it there. Then obviously we need a strong, athletic player, that can press & win the ball back, & cover the ground well.

Get those 2 players & work on our shape & off the ball actions & things should look better, & hopefully more cohesive.

Latest posts

Top Bottom