<

Squad Analysis 2019/20

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by Dutch D, Jun 12, 2019.

1. Mrs Bergkamp

Mrs Bergkamp Established Member

I think we need someone like van der Beek to replace Ramsey and transition from Özil. Our midfield is horribly one paced and technically and physically lesser than many we've had in the past. A new spine is needed but four players should see us able to phase out the underperforming ones at as rate that suits the club.

Kysus and asukru like this.
  2. Reyes no.11

Reyes no.11 Member

Starting XI next season. Formation: 4-3-3

----------------------------------Leno

Bellerin-----------Saliba-----------------Luiz-------------Tierney

--------------------------------Torreira
    -----------------*Rakitic------------------Ceballos

Pepe----------------------------------------------------------*O.Dembele
    -------------------------------Aubameyang

Subs: Martinez, Sokratis, Kolasinac, Maitland-Niles, Willock, Nelson, Martinelli

3. DanDare

DanDare Emoji Merchant

Starting XI next season if we're serious

Leno
    New
    New
    New
    Tierney
    New
    Torreira
    New
    New
    Pepe
    New

4. Camus

Camus Well-Known Member

If we're serious then Pepe wouldn't be in that team. Been one of our worst players this season and at a premium price on less.

hydrofluoric acid likes this.
  5. yousif_arsenal

yousif_arsenal King of Twitter Rumours Moderator

Bellerin will be here and starting next season hopefully auba stay too

6. Manberg

Manberg Predator

For information:

[​IMG]
    Saka: 2021
    Mkhitarian: 2021
    Elneny: 2022
    Martinelli: 2024
    Tierney: 2024
    Saliba: 2024​

Last edited: Feb 17, 2020
  7. pigge

pigge Wishes Wrestling Fans Liked Him

Wut, we only signed guendouzi on a 3 year contract?

8. Manberg

Manberg Predator

There was talk that he'd go on to sign a 5 year contract at £70k p/w in July but it didn't happen. Haven't heard anything about it since. As things stand his current deal is up in 2022.

pigge likes this.
  9. Mitch

Mitch Bellerin Upgrade Advocate

Leno, AMN, Kola, Saka, Torreira and Martinelli have been our most consistent peformers this season.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2020
  10. boyinneedofhumor

boyinneedofhumor Active Member

Anyone knows if there's individual coaching for players? When its not a game every other 3-4days...

Because revamping or buying/selling takes time, interested parties and mutually acceptable valuation.

I get the feel that our players could look (even) better by just having part of sessions catered to them individually and practise more.

Random examples:
    Guendouzi - tackling
    Nelson - free kicks/corner kicks
    Nketiah - positioning (to receive ball on the counter)
    Bellerin - crossing
    Martinelli - close control
    Pepe - left wing direct running
    Leno - penalties
    Etc.

Mrs Bergkamp likes this.
  11. DanDare

DanDare Emoji Merchant

We face the problem of needing to find an Arsenal quality striker coming up. What we have is not good enough (assuming Auba is leaving).

Wonder who we'll get

12. Mrs Bergkamp

Mrs Bergkamp Established Member

My concern is that I doubt many have asked for extra help or even think they need it.

boyinneedofhumor likes this.
  13. BigPoppaPump

BigPoppaPump Contrarian

Torreira was abysmal for most of the season, Xhaka has been better. AMN has been poor too.

Furious likes this.
  14. BigPoppaPump

BigPoppaPump Contrarian

Mustafi is gonna complete his contract here isn't he? We couldn't sell him in 5 years.

Riou likes this.
  15. Mitch

Torreira been the best player by a mike since Arteta took over. AMN put together a display of consecutive good performances not seen by RB by us since Sagna.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2020
  16. Furious

Furious Emery Gone, Telly Back On

Bellerin has put plenty of those you freak.

17. Mitch

Bellerin hasn't put more than 2 good peformances together since his first break out impressive season with us.
    [​IMG]

Gooner1988TK likes this.
  18. Macho

Macho Well-Known Member

Prob an exaggeration but Mitch is kinda right. I remember Bellerin looking phenomenal during Emery’s early reign and I often wondered how Emery might have fared with 2 dependable fullbacks.

I fear Bellerin is finito, as much as I like him. I have no confidence that some part of his lower body won’t break down again. He’s also (could be imagining it) lost a yard of pace. Would a serious club be banking on him to stay fit throughout next season?

As for Torreira, he was shocking prior to Arteta and damn near called it quits. He still has it all to prove for me. Wasn’t totally his fault but the crying and wanting to go back to Italy, I wasn’t impressed.

BigPoppaPump likes this.
  19. GoonerJay24

GoonerJay24 Well-Known Member

Most elite teams work on core fitness and team tactical activities or small unit position specific exercises.

I don't know about Arsenal though

boyinneedofhumor likes this.
  20. irishgunnerz

irishgunnerz Moderator Moderator

Torreira's early season form not entirely his fault though given the batshit crazy idea to move him further forward was all Emery.

If their form continued would be fine with Xhaka and Torreira at the base. Rather less comfortable with the cover there - still unconvinced by Douzi

Riou likes this.