• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Squad Analysis 2019/20

People clinging their hopes on that Chelsea and United will be as much **** or worse than they were season just shows how far we have yet to come to fix our own problems. Which are lot.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
So, now with Pepe, Martinelli, Mkhitaryan, Iwobi, Saka, Nelson, and the option of Auba always being there, doesn't it seem like we have... too many options for the wing? Would anyone be open to selling Iwobi, for example?

If the right offer came in for Iwobi, then I would be open to it. He will drop down the pecking order of wide forward options, but he will also now drop down the pecking order for a no.8 role with Ceballos, Willock and Guendouzi looking lively in pre season.

I think he's still a good option as a ball carrying cm, but think Willock, Ceballos and Smith-Rowe have us more than covered. There's also the small matter of Mesut Özil being here.

Iwobi is a 40m player in this market and would be a good pick up for a lot of teams.

arsenefc

Obsessed With Guendouzi
Its so funny that we have the team all bursting with talent and aggression ....and still CB, RB, LB, DM are positions where arsenal fans try not to think about. Some things never change :)

OSBK

Established Member
Loving this transfer window. Cech 100k out, litch 90k out, ramsey 100k out, welbz 100k out, jenks 45k out, kos whatever out, pot iwobi out and neny.

This is the culling we needed, still a few more to go. If iwobi goes and zaha comes in and we get teirney and a cb then wow.

Pot
Leno
Bellerin
New cb
Sok
Teirney
Torriea
Cellebos
Özil
Zaha
Auba
Pepe

Bench
Martinez
Chambers
Holding
Willock
Xhaka
Doozi
Laca
Mhky

Strong first 11 with some great depth on the bench.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Leno (Martinez)
Bellerin (Maitland-Niles)
Sokratis (Chambers)
Luiz (Holding)
Tierney (Nacho, Kolasinac)

Torreira (Xhaka, Elneny)
Ceballos (Guendouzi, Willock)

Pepe (Nelson)
Özil (Mkhitaryan)
Aubameyang (Martinelli)
Lacazette (Nketiah)

morpho

Established Member
As much as I love this window for acknowledgeing our problems, not just on the pitch but even the squad itself. Still, I cant help thinking we'll only be fighting for top 3 at most. We need to strengthen the squad further, to compete with the top. I dont want to sound spoiled or anything, but our most important window still have to come...

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
As much as I love this window for acknowledgeing our problems, not just on the pitch but even the squad itself. Still, I cant help thinking we'll only be fighting for top 3 at most. We need to strengthen the squad further, to compete with the top. I dont want to sound spoiled or anything, but our most important window still have to come...
It'll happen. All depends on us getting back into the CL. We desperately need that money. We've given ourselves a great chance with the good work in this window.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

So now we almost have Tierney who would you all rather bin out of Kolasinac and Monreal?

morpho

Established Member
Thats what I meant. Its still going to be a fight for CL. We will have to do (much?) more, to secure our position. As leicester prooved, anything can of course happen, but still. Imagine what what the likes of coutinho and upamecano would do.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
So now we almost have Tierney who would you all rather bin out of Kolasinac and Monreal?
Kolasinac, on significantly higher wages and can actually fetch a decent sum (€15m at least, I would think). With Kolasinac out, Emery simply can't return to those 3atb antics, which is a major plus.

Bergkamp1988

I'd say keep Monreal for the simple reason he's a better defender. I like Kola and I think he is getting too much stick. but he is definitely 3cb material.
I don't think he is going anywhere this season. It's not bad to have him on the bench to replace a Winger towards the end of a game where we're ahead on the scoreline. He's definitely proven himself higher up field.

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent
Kola on that wage for a backup LB isn't the best use of funds. Monreal phased out over the next season or two for a youngster that can push Tierney.

Gotta weigh it all up.

As it is I think both will be here until January at least.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐

Got to be Nacho. Kola isn’t as bad defensively in a 4 as people think- though he is better is a wing back role.

I love Nach- been a fantastic servant. But he has next to no running power and his crossing isn’t any better than Kolasinac’s either.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
From
Good to know the team get on so well

what I’ve gathered from this, it’s that Mkhi isn’t close with anyone and Xhaka is the annoying guy on the group chat. Which coincidentally the two players I want to see leave the most. Wow

I just hope Tierney is brought in and Holding and Bellerin manage to come back stronger. Three out of four top quality players in defence is not so bad. Even Liverool who have the best defence in the PL don't have everyone at top quality in defence.
The massive problems we have is having Mustafi in the defence, the constant injuries and falling short in numbers at defence.

Last edited:

I think that's where we are aiming for this season. For me, the only way we get top two this SSN is if we add Koulibaly and a midfield enforcer like Ndidi on top of Tierney and the guys already brought in. Add Coutinho, and our chances for ending the BPL drought increase significantly if the team clicks in time.
Wish list stuff though.

Last edited:

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
You can't even begin to imagine how happy I'd be with 3rd!!!

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
From

what I’ve gathered from this, it’s that Mkhi isn’t close with anyone and Xhaka is the annoying guy on the group chat. Which coincidentally the two players I want to see leave the most. Wow

or that you know for the things that really matter, Xhaka didn't mention anyone on that silly question, because being the new captain, he cares for his teammates feelings :cool:

Top Bottom