• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Squad Analysis 2019/20

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Elite players:

Özil*, Aubameyang, Koscielny*

Players we need to keep as they have clear quality:

Bellerin, Torreria, Lacazette

Good premier league level-players:

Leno, Sokratis, Holding, Monreal, Xhaka, Iwobi, Ghendouzi, Mkhi

Exciting youngsters:

Tutu, Willock, Smith-Rowe, Nelson, Nketiah

That's 19 players worth keeping and I would definitely sell Özil and Mkhi (unless he stays as a number 10).

*denotes used to be elite and are no longer. Should sell.

If you haven't made the list - you can leave.

Imagine thinking Koscielny was ever elite.

goonerfamily

This team needs investments in every position other than goalkeeper and striker I think.
Personally, I would prioritise a starting left back (maybe Tierney), a physical CB with significant potential (Saliba, Konate etc), a physical midfielder who can go past a man (maybe someone like Sangare, Praet, I don't know I've never really seen either) and a winger who can dribble with some end product (possibly Carasco?)

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
This team needs investments in every position other than goalkeeper and striker I think.
Personally, I would prioritise a starting left back (maybe Tierney), a physical CB with significant potential (Saliba, Konate etc), a physical midfielder who can go past a man (maybe someone like Sangare, Praet, I don't know I've never really seen either) and a winger who can dribble with some end product (possibly Carasco?)
I agree. Tierney, Saliba, Sangare, Carrasco would be a good window for next season and especially the future.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
The squad we have is good enough to get 5th quite comfortably.

If our aim is top 4, we can add a starting LB and CM.

If we want to try for the league, then we need a LB, CB, CM and Winger. In addition to what we already have.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
He was one of league's best defenders for a few years.

Never ever was, he's only been good when paired with Mertesacker otherwise he's been good but accident prone. He's been a mainstay in how many terrible defences and embarrassing results?

FinnGooner

Established Member
Elite players:

Özil*, Aubameyang, Koscielny*

Players we need to keep as they have clear quality:

Bellerin, Torreria, Lacazette

Good premier league level-players:

Leno, Sokratis, Holding, Monreal, Xhaka, Iwobi, Ghendouzi, Mkhi

Exciting youngsters:

Tutu, Willock, Smith-Rowe, Nelson, Nketiah

That's 19 players worth keeping and I would definitely sell Özil and Mkhi (unless he stays as a number 10).

*denotes used to be elite and are no longer. Should sell.

If you haven't made the list - you can leave.

Pretty much agree with this. Nice to read a sensible post about our squad in stead of the "everybody is **** except the ones that are world class" stuff that seems to be growing more and more popular nowadays.

I would maybe put Leno one category higher, though. Also, in addition to being a decent PL player already, Guendouzi is an exciting youngster as well. Many seem to have forgotten how young he is. I'd also be inclined to give AMN one more season as a back up RB. He's still at an age where he can easily take a one step up. And most of his bad performances were due to brain farts in stead of technical or physical deficiencies. He might get rid of those with age.

But overall, it is quite clear we need to upgrade on multiple positions if we want to start challenging for finishes higher than 5th/6th. And at least some of the youngsters need to reach their potential

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
I worry a lot about our midfield. We really need to make sure we get the right (b2b) replacement for Ramsey. We're definitely lacking certain qualities in our selection of midfielders at the moment (dribbling, scoring threat, engine, mobility, athleticism).

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent
Never ever was, he's only been good when paired with Mertesacker otherwise he's been good but accident prone. He's been a mainstay in how many terrible defences and embarrassing results?

You're most likely in the minority that thinks that. Never been the leagues very best but easily top 10 in his prime.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Over 5 weeks off, deserved rest for Mustafi after last season.

Hopefully he took up a new hobby like baking bread and changes career. Looks like he would make a top baker imo.

Edit: I'm in a generous mood, he could be a butcher

arsenefc

Obsessed With Guendouzi
Leno is error prone and shaky on crosses.

Torreira is brushed aside easily.

Doozi cannot tackle or carry the ball.

Sokratis has no pace and resorts to fouling.

Auba and Laca cannot hold up the ball or win it in the air.

The only world class players in this squad are Özil and Bellerin. Auba/ laca / xhaka / leno / torreira may make the step up this season, but the coaching doesnt inspire confidence.

Its going to be a long season, and the club wont get far with journeymen buys and timid tactics. Either go for a youth project or go for a defensive counterattacking setup...but choose an identity. Right now its a team that got badly exposed in the EL final. In important games, you cannot play two strikers and pray for a miracle. Need better tactics than that.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
I sorta feel like we have to let one of Koscielny, Chambers and Holding go, if Kos can get a new deal back in france for equal or more money let him go
on the other side we get real money for either Chambers or Holding
Holding did good last season for us, Chambers elsewhere, chambers is more versatile thou

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
I worry a lot about our midfield. We really need to make sure we get the right (b2b) replacement for Ramsey. We're definitely lacking certain qualities in our selection of midfielders at the moment (dribbling, scoring threat, engine, mobility, athleticism).
We really need to make sure we get the right cazorla replacement. We're definitely lacking certain qualities in our selection of midfielders at the moment (dribbling, long passing, through passes, one twos, dictating tempo, defensive positioning, football intelligence).
Box to box is ****

Last edited:

Latest posts+

Top Bottom