<

Squad Analysis 2020/21

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by Marjorie, Jul 27, 2020.

1. rednwhitearmy

rednwhitearmy Resident Noob

He, until Gabriel, was still our best defender. He just didn’t suit our style of play, and didn’t fulfil the Arsenal requirements to play out from the back.

He’d put his head in front of a bullet though.

I still think Turkey is not ambitious enough for him; he’d still be good in a (lower) mid-table-Premier League team.

2. SingmeasongSong

SingmeasongSong Rarely Right

Wow, no Cedric and Mari ?
    Özil registered.

Can be changed till the 20th though

3. HairSprayGooners

HairSprayGooners Al Jazeera Correspondent

If Cedric is just going to play cup games it makes no sense to register him in fairness.

Surprised Sokratis was registered ahead of Mari.

4. Tir Na Nog

Tir Na Nog In Big Trouble If He Speaks

If true, that tells you all you need to know. I don't even need to elaborate. I just thank God we made a decision that means we won't have to do worry about such nonsense anymore.

5. HairSprayGooners

HairSprayGooners Al Jazeera Correspondent

6. yousif_arsenal

yousif_arsenal King of Twitter Rumours Moderator

Not registering mari or Cedric but Sokratis Özil make no sense i think this is still same from season starts teams have until 20 of October to give thier final list

7. yousif_arsenal

yousif_arsenal King of Twitter Rumours Moderator

8. Makavelii

Makavelii Well-Known Member

Marí and Soares are good decisions to leave out of the squad.
    But it boggles the mind why we bought them in the first place. Keep in mind, they’re both new signings and we left them out of the squad shortly after signing them :lol:. What a **** show.

Gooner1988TK likes this.
  9. Furious

Furious Emery Gone, Telly Back On

It makes perfect sense. Cedric is useless and not needed when we have Bellerin and AMN. He can play EL, where we play every week anyway. Same with Mari, competes with 7 CB's.

This is the price we're paying for Raul's criminal actions, thankfully he was sacked.

dka91, Gooner1988TK and krengon like this.
  10. krengon

krengon One Arsene Wenger Trusted

If that turns out to be true, let me just say it again: Thank god we got rid of Raul.

dka91, DanDare and Furious like this.
  11. berric

berric Well-Known Member

Mari is not expected to feature this year anyway.

Cedric I'm baffled about.

12. Ozil'sCloakOfInvisibility

Ozil'sCloakOfInvisibility Not a Closet Spurs Fan

So it's not final yet.

13. American_Gooner

American_Gooner Not actually American. Unless Di Marzio says so. Moderator

@Rex Banter Remember out debate about Cedric? You won. :lol:

dka91, Rex Banter and ItWasMeBarry like this.
  14. gkoat

gkoat Well-Known Member

We can swap players in/out of this list in a couple months, correct? Or something like that?

15. gkoat

gkoat Well-Known Member

Pretty sure papas agent was just using PSG to drive up wage expectations for all the teams competing for his signature

16. Rex Banter

Rex Banter Got Swerved By Gallas Trusted

I just didn’t see the point tbh. It’s fine now obviously we’ve got cover beyond him for the position.

I’ve gone on about him but Bogle was the smart signing. He went for less than Cedric cost us and he’ll be sitting on Sheffield Utd’s bench most of the year anyway.

We could’ve used him in the cups and in two or three years if he hadn’t developed you’re looking at a 10M profit while with Cedric we all know he’ll be leaving on a free in 2024.

Gooner1988TK and American_Gooner like this.
  17. Hleb's Sirush

Hleb's Sirush Well-Known Member

The transfer window is shut now. No ins or outs except domestically with EFL teams. Only way Sokratis leaves is if he is willing to step down a league.

Also worth remembering the deadline to register players for UEFA competitions is today.

18. American_Gooner

American_Gooner Not actually American. Unless Di Marzio says so. Moderator

19. Maybe

Maybe Well-Known Member

How is that a big decision? :D

20. Jason Jace

Jason Jace Member

H
    Has been injured for almost all the time he's been here, what's point of registering a player of you can't count on them to stay fit a d play football