• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Squad Analysis 2020/21

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
I don’t get how people think Gabriel/White should be our CB pairing going forward. They’re both way too young, inexperienced and frankly don’t have the quality to lead a line.

I think eventually we’re gonna have to go 3 at the back, we got the team for it.

Yeah, we shouldn't have completely given up on that formation.

We will probably never do overly well in the league under Arteta, he's not good enough right now...but can see Holding coming into the team post January in a back 3, when Mikel panics into a change or a new coach comes in and can see Rob carrying the team to a cup double.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Top 6 squad. Bottom 3 manager.

Nobody is telling me a forward line containing Auba, Laca, Pepe, Saka and ESR should be so blunt.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Not having that our squad is the 8th best in the league. We've made some smart signings this summer. My anger is only that Xhaka is still a starter here.

Maitland Niles is better at right back than Aarons. If he's ready to fight for a spot, he'll do as part of a battle with Chambers and Cedric.

Right back and CM are our only weak positions. Centre backs are barely top 6 quality either, but a good system can aid that.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Players currently good enough for Arsenal to become a CL team again:

Tierney
Partey
Saka
Pepe
ESR
Ødegaard

Players that may be good enough if they improve on last season:

Aubameyang
Lacazette
Gabriel
White

Positions we have no proven player good enough based on last season:

GK
RB
CM
Striker

RB, CM and CF short if you assume Ramsdale is a success.

Finish: 7-8th

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Players currently good enough for Arsenal to become a CL team again:

Tierney
Partey
Saka
Pepe
ESR
Ødegaard

Players that may be good enough if they improve on last season:

Aubameyang
Lacazette
Gabriel
White

Positions we have no proven player good enough based on last season:

GK
RB
CM
Striker

RB, CM and CF short if you assume Ramsdale is a success.

Finish: 7-8th
Probably the best post this year, sums up everything really

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

If we ever get a full strength team to pick from here is who I'd go in a 433 or 4231...

Leno
Tomiyasu White Gabriel Tierney
Partey
Ødegaard ESR
Pepe Auba Saka

Leno
Tomiyasu-White-Gabriel-Tierney
Partey-Xhaka/Lokonga
Pepe/Saka-Ødegaard-Saka/ESR
Auba

GoonerBoy19

lol didn't realize Runnarson went on loan, seems like the poor chap was only brought to troll Özil and keep him out of the squad.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
the balance and depth did improve it's clear what we want to do it to rebuild and we should have done that the day wenger left not 4 years later when we wasted too much money and made alot of mistakes. now we'll need to be patient for this team grow and settle no matter who the manager because i don't expect we hit ground running. our starting 11 will have alot of players 24 or under.

Leno/Ramsdale
Tomi White Gabriel Tierney
Partey Xhaka
Pepe Ødegaard/ESR Saka
Auba

In bench we'll have players like Laca Lokonga Martinelli AMN Tavaraes all can make difference.

this is our starting 11 if they manage to stay healthy and Arteta don't mess up and made them more confused i'm expecting top 6 finish the team is good on paper have many exciting young players but all depends on Arteta to make them grow and get results.

Lebron

I really like the squad, only thing we miss is a real big threatening attacker. We always found this type of player who got big numbers or just was a catalyst in attack, guys like Arshavin even had spells where they were on fire.
Don’t really see anyone in our squad who scares the opposition and opens space.

IstraBalagina

I really like the squad, only thing we miss is a real big threatening attacker. We always found this type of player who got big numbers or just was a catalyst in attack, guys like Arshavin even had spells where they were on fire.
Don’t really see anyone in our squad who scares the opposition and opens space.
Aren't ESR and Ødegaard supposed to be that type of player? But atm they are not that good yet

TromsoGooner

Obsessed With Looking for Eric
I wonder by how much we have reduced our wages bill this summer? I would think it's been slightly reduced at least. White is probably on 100K, Ødegaard maybe 75 and Tavares,Lokonga,Ramsdale and Tomiyasu on 40K each. We also extended the contracts of Tierney,ESR and Xhaka. Luiz was on 150, lets say we're saving 100K a week on Willian ( dont believe he walked away from all the money) Ceballos and Willock are fine,Feynoord paying at least some of Nelsons wage. Bellerin probably on 90K a week.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

I don't think we've got the worst squad, we've probably got a good enough squad to challenge for the Europa League this season if the players stay injury & illness free this season. I reckon it's just more or less that Arteta isn't good enough for the role, that/he is what is holding us up to challenge unfortunately.

If we can get a new competent manager soon that will have a future game plan with the majority of this squad & get his own players in over the next window then I wouldn't be surprised to see us eventually go higher this season & so on.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom