• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Squad Analysis 2020/21

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
It seems the success of our summer is dependent on player sales. Ideally, we shift Laca/Guendouzi/Torreira/Bellerin/Sokratis/Mustafi/Holding and recoup 100mil ish.

It seems the club is very keen on Willian/Coutinho/Partey/Ceballos, but I really cant see us signing all of them, even if we are committing a fee to only one of them (Partey). If we can get Partey/Willian/Ceballos (loan) then I'd be satisfied with our midfield options.

Obviously if Laca goes, we will need a number 9. Edouard should be the number 1 target, the lad has everything imo and it wouldn't be an astronomical fee.

At centre half, go for Gabriel. Again, on paper the lad has everything. Tall, fast, left footed, doesn't over commit.

If we can start the season with:

-----------Leno-----------
Saliba-----Luiz----Gabriel
AMN--Partey--Xhaka--KT
Pepe-----Edouard---Auba

with the likes of Eddie/Willian/Ceballos/Saka off the bench we are in business. Luiz will be crucial to Saliba and Gabriels adaptations, so in the short term he plays.

Eventually Arteta will want to move to a 433, which would look like:

------------Leno-----------
AMN--Saliba---Gabriel--KT
---Ceballos-Partey-Xhaka--
Pepe-----Edouard----Auba

I think if we can get this done, we will be real contenders next season. I expect a massive campaign from Pepe as well, he is really settling now and we are seeing how good he can be.

Makavelii

Leno
Martinez

Bellerin - Luiz - Gabriel - Tierney
AMN/Soares - Saliba - Mari/other - Kolasinac

Partey - Ceballos
Torreira - Xhaka

Pepe - Coutinho - Willian
Martinez - Özil - Saka

Aubameyang
Lacazette​

If we buy all of our heavily linked targets and don’t sell anyone - this is what we look like :rolleyes:
That would be guaranteed top 4 without a doubt. So much flexibility in there too.

UnitedBeard

An annoying Manc
Leno
Martinez

Bellerin - Luiz - Gabriel - Tierney
AMN/Soares - Saliba - Mari/other - Kolasinac

Partey - Ceballos
Torreira - Xhaka

Pepe - Coutinho - Willian
Martinez - Özil - Saka

Aubameyang
Lacazette​

If we buy all of our heavily linked targets and don’t sell anyone - this is what we look like :rolleyes:
That would be guaranteed top 4 without a doubt. So much flexibility in there too.

Challenge for not guaranteed.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Players we want to sell or just get rid of -

Guendouzi - £25M
Elneny - £2M
Özil - free but 18m a year off wages
Sokratis - £5M
Mustafi - £10M
Holding - £10M
AMN - £30M
Torreira - £20M

Players we would be open to sell -

Laca - £30M
Bellerin - £30M

Main targets -

Willian - free/18M over 3 years.
Partey - £45M
Gabriel - £28M

After that I guess its a waiting game on the AM.

If we get what we want to get done done we will have a squad worthy of a top 4 challenge.

Marjorie

Thread Monopolizer
Salaba becomes home grown and club trained by the time he reaches 21 if I'm thinking correct. Handy that.

Camus

Trusted ⭐
Players we want to sell or just get rid of -

Guendouzi - £25M
Elneny - £2M
Özil - free but 18m a year off wages
Sokratis - £5M
Mustafi - £10M
Holding - £10M
AMN - £30M
Torreira - £20M

Players we would be open to sell -

Laca - £30M
Bellerin - £30M

Main targets -

Willian - free/18M over 3 years.
Partey - £45M
Gabriel - £28M

After that I guess its a waiting game on the AM.

If we get what we want to get done done we will have a squad worthy of a top 4 challenge.
On what planet are Laca, Bellerin, Guendouzi and Torreira worth less than/the same as AMN?

Marjorie

Thread Monopolizer

Wanted the visual more than the wording with this. Because there's no headache with Kola/Torreira/Sokratis and probably Elneny leaving.

I'm not sure when the homegrown rules are changing, but we have plenty coming through which is good. Such a strong set of younger players.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Not sure of the current rules, but wouldn't Tierney be home grown as he's Scottish?

Also, I think you can register U21 players in the squad to get around this. So if we have a deficit of over 21 home grown players, we can register Saka/Eddie for example.

Marjorie

Thread Monopolizer
Not sure of the current rules, but wouldn't Tierney be home grown as he's Scottish?

Also, I think you can register U21 players in the squad to get around this. So if we have a deficit of over 21 home grown players, we can register Saka/Eddie for example.

Tierney would've needed to have played in the English leagues before 21 to be considered HG

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Salaba becomes home grown and club trained by the time he reaches 21 if I'm thinking correct. Handy that.

If football manager is accurate, signing for the club isn't enough. You have to play in England for three years prior to your 21st birthday. As he spent last year in France, not sure he'll ever be home grown.

Marjorie

Thread Monopolizer
If football manager is accurate, signing for the club isn't enough. You have to play in England for three years prior to your 21st birthday. As he spent last year in France, not sure he'll ever be home grown.

He was registered in the squad last season for that very reason ;)

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

On what planet are Laca, Bellerin, Guendouzi and Torreira worth less than/the same as AMN?
AMN is 23, 3 years left on his contract and just got an England call up. Look at the fees Macquire, Chilwell and other English players have gone for.

Granted ANN isn’t a nailed on starter like the guys mentioned but a host of teams were sniffing around when we were looking to cash in. £30 mil + seems about right.

We would be lucky to get 20 mil for Torreira/Guendouzi/etc. Nobody wants them and they are either crap, injury prone or older.

Last edited:
Top Bottom