• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Squad Analysis 2020/21

Marjorie

Thread Monopolizer
Goalkeeper
Leno
Ryan
Runarsson

Defenders
Luiz
Gabriel
Tierney
Bellerin
Holding
Chambers
Mari
Cedric

Midfielders
Xhaka
Saka
Partey
Nelson
Smith-Rowe
Elneny
Ceballos
Ødegaard

Forwards
Aubameyang
Lacazette
Nketiah
Pepe
Willian
Martinelli​

Last edited:

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
That's a big squad on paper with barely any genuine quality. Need to be getting rid of at least 5 of them before we even think of adding to it

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Goalkeeper
Leno Keep
Martinez Keep
Macey Keep (doesn't make much of a difference)

Defenders
Luiz Keep (not that we have a choice)
Mustafi Sell (ideally we sell him anyways but it's dependent on bringing someone)
Saliba Keep
Tierney Keep
Bellerin Sell (look this is a difficult situation because now that Cedric is permanent I feel that we have to sell Bellerin)
Holding Sell
Kolasinac Sell (or rip up his contract, no one's paying money for this guy)
Maitland-Niles Keep (look I'd definitely keep him and have him first choice RB, whether Arteta feels the same I don't know)
Chambers Keep (at the moment I'd keep him and give him a go but I'd sell if we could bring in better)
Sokratis Sell
Mari Keep (again we don't have a choice, he wouldn't be a guy I'd be keen on building the team around)
Cedric Keep (I suppose he could be a decent backup,maybe... probably not)

Midfielders
Xhaka Keep
Saka Keep
Willock Loan (Needs playing time, maybe give him one more opportunity on loan)
Torreira Sell
Guendouzi Sell
Özil Sell (if we could sell him then obviously, but we won't)
Nelson Sell (this guy should be used for swap deals, etc)
Smith-Rowe Keep (deserves a season to impress imo)
Elneny Sell

Forwards
Aubameyang Keep (in an ideal world anyways)
Lacazette Sell (one of the few guys we could get some money for)
Nketiah Keep (I think he'd be an alright backup, but at the same time if we could get some money or use him for a swap then we should)
Pepe Keep
Martinelli Keep

This leaves us needed another left-back, a centre back, maybe an RB because of the situation we're in now, a couple of midfielders at least and either an LW or a CF depending on what Auba does.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
So poor that list, hopefully the club can get rid of a lot of that ****.

Bellerin/Mustafi/Sokratis/Holding/Torreira/ElNeny/Guendouzi/Özil/Lacazette all have to go. I'd also consider selling Nelson/Willock if a decent offer came in.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Theres so much quantity and very little quality.

Most teams sign a player when selling another. However we seem to just collect players for fun.

Sokratis, Mustafi and Holding should be shipped out. Maybe even Kolasinac.

In midfield Elneny goes and seems Guendouzi too. I would sell Torreria. Too small and soft for the PL.

In attack if Auba stays Laca goes and if Auba goes Laca stays. Either way one has to go.

The club have had 3 months during quarantine to get their **** in order and Arteta has had 3 months to demand players are sold and after others are brought in.

This transfer window is vital as Arteta said the 3-4 moves the club makes this window are vital. Cant have a bad summer window as January is a dead loss.

And we cant wait until 2021 to strengthen.

EinmalImmerEwig

Bent on his knees by asking to get banned !
This squad is so tragically poor that only a bit of Classical music can calm me down

Mozart's Canon for 3 Voices, in B-flat major, K.233/382d

I think this Canon describes the situation perfectly...

Please listen to it, it will fill your senses and make you feel hole again

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
Can see us struggling to shift the high earners (Mustafi, sokratis, Özil, kola) unless we loan them paying percentage of wages or basically give them away.
Another problem is 3 of the players included in that bracket (Cedric, Mari, luiz) have all been given new deals.
Maybe harsh on Mari but can't see him being the answer long term although I think Mikel will start him.
Torreira , guendouzi and either Laca/Auba is where you'd hope a bit of cash would come from. Holding should be easy enough to shift to a lower half premier League side

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
First players you have to get rid the unwanted players elneny Özil Sokratis and Guendouzi these 4 players are not in manager plan so they should be first to go.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Again with limited funds every signing we do make has to hit the ground running. We cant be dropping most of our budget on 1-2 players who don't perform.

EinmalImmerEwig

Bent on his knees by asking to get banned !
Keep list:

Leno, Martinez, Saliba, Tierney, Maitland-Niles, Xhaka, Saka, Aubameyang, Martinelli

and I'm still 50/50 on a couple of those, FFS!

Easier to point out wich one i would like to keep, shorter list that way ..

Defenders to keep.
Saliba
Tierney

Midfield.
Saka

Forwards.
Martinelli
Pepe
Auba

IF we would be serious the rest is nothing to have

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
Goalkeeper
Leno - Save us Bernd!
Martinez - Sell
Macey - Sell/Loan whatever

Defenders
Luiz - 1 year contract given so will probably be kept. But I'd sell
Mustafi - Serious injury so can't sell but I'd fire him into the sun
Saliba - Save us Willy!
Tierney - Save us Kieran!
Bellerin - Keep but need to slip in meat powder into his meals.
Holding - Sell
Kolasinac - Send him to the gulag
Maitland-Niles - Do everything to keep him
Chambers - Keep
Sokratis - Meh
Mari - Meh
Cedric - Recently signed and Vinai clapped his goal. But I'd toss him out

Midfielders
Xhaka - Keep as backup
Saka - Save us Bukayo!
Willock - Loan
Torreira - Sell
Guendouzi - Sell
Özil - Sell
Nelson - Keep. Talent is there. Needs chances
Smith-Rowe - Absolutely keep
Elneny - Mummify him

Forwards
Aubameyang - Create a fundraiser and give him whatever he wants
Lacazette - Sell
Nketiah - Keep as backup
Pepe - Keep
Martinelli - Save us Gabby!

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Goalkeeper
Leno Keep
Martinez Keep
Macey Keep (doesn't make much of a difference)

Defenders
Luiz Keep (not that we have a choice)
Mustafi Sell (ideally we sell him anyways but it's dependent on bringing someone)
Saliba Keep
Tierney Keep
Bellerin Sell (look this is a difficult situation because now that Cedric is permanent I feel that we have to sell Bellerin)
Holding Sell
Kolasinac Sell (or rip up his contract, no one's paying money for this guy)
Maitland-Niles Keep (look I'd definitely keep him and have him first choice RB, whether Arteta feels the same I don't know)
Chambers Keep (at the moment I'd keep him and give him a go but I'd sell if we could bring in better)
Sokratis Sell
Mari Keep (again we don't have a choice, he wouldn't be a guy I'd be keen on building the team around)
Cedric Keep (I suppose he could be a decent backup,maybe... probably not)

Midfielders
Xhaka Keep
Saka Keep
Willock Loan (Needs playing time, maybe give him one more opportunity on loan)
Torreira Sell
Guendouzi Sell
Özil Sell (if we could sell him then obviously, but we won't)
Nelson Sell (this guy should be used for swap deals, etc)
Smith-Rowe Keep (deserves a season to impress imo)
Elneny Sell

Forwards
Aubameyang Keep (in an ideal world anyways)
Lacazette Sell (one of the few guys we could get some money for)
Nketiah Keep (I think he'd be an alright backup, but at the same time if we could get some money or use him for a swap then we should)
Pepe Keep
Martinelli Keep

This leaves us needed another left-back, a centre back, maybe an RB because of the situation we're in now, a couple of midfielders at least and either an LW or a CF depending on what Auba does.

Christ that's depressing. You're absolutely right, but half the players we need to sell will cling on to their contracts for dear life, and the players we need to buy you're looking at two summers worth of business. And the new season starts in 6 weeks. And we might not be in Europe. And do we even have a transfer budget.

We're looking at a fight to cling on to our status as a top 6 club, any talk of top 4 should be shelved for at least 12 months.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Think we've just reached the peak of the failed system introduced by Wenger and Gazidis, quantity over quality, average experienced players over young and cheaper talented players.
Our salary expenses hit an all-time high and we are out of the CL to cover for that. While there's never a good time for a COVID disaster, it came at the worst possible time for us and our club will be hit harder than other top clubs because of our horrendous player structure.
Our problems were created a while ago with the applause from the majority of the fans. Massive celebrations for Özil's new contract, fans generally being happy with stupid additions like Elneny, Lich, Sokratis, Mustafi, Wellbeck, Luiz, etc., and some unlucky transfers that didn't work out as expected like Xhaka, Torreira and Mkhi, good players but not what we need.

The positives for me were some encouraging additions to the first team like Saka, Martinelli, Nelson, Willock, Douzi and Eddie, with the potential to add ESR and Saliba to that group. At worst, these players will have a good value on the market as we see it currently with Douzi. They are good enough to provide the squad depth and generally don't cost much, they are easy to sell if they don't fit in.

I highly doubt we will be able to sell any of the experienced deadwood, so we will need to survive until their contracts are up.

We need to avoid adding "experience" at all cost, otherwise, I can't see us getting out of this trouble

Top Bottom