• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Squad Analysis 2020/21

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
The only problem we got here who we won't register for first half of season? Most of our center backs are fit maybe only Chambers isn't until November. I guess him and Sokratis won't be registered?

Anyway with Partey addition our current squad capable of finishing in CL we improved the defense and the midfield our attack is good but hope Willian pepe Laca step up and score goals.
Chambers is homegrown so you don't need to register him. I think it'll be Özil and one of Saliba/Mari/Martinelli. They can be re-registered back in January once we sell someone.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Another player has arrived that can “help Özil” :lol: First it was a world class striker would get the best out of him, then he needed pacy wide players and now Partey can help him by doing the dirty work. I’d be shocked if he’s not one of the two non-HG left out of the squad. Mustafi or Sokratis will probably be one of the other two.

Makavelii

Chambers is homegrown so you don't need to register him. I think it'll be Özil and one of Saliba/Mari/Martinelli. They can be re-registered back in January once we sell someone.
Martinelli doesn’t need to be registered either for the same reason I think.

It’s very tricky to think which two to exclude.
Disturbing to think that we might not even register our second highest paid player. I’m still hoping for an Özil redemption arc so I hope not.

My vote would be on Sokratis and Soares.
We don’t need four rightbacks (Chambers can play there if desperate).

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan

Disturbing to think that we might not even register our second highest paid player. I’m still hoping for an Özil redemption arc so I hope not.

Don't you have to be at an English club for 3 years to be Homegrown?

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐

The thing is Özil is gone next June no matter what so in terms of building the team going forward there’s no point including him.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

We still lack a proper 9 and an attacking midfielder. Could argue we should be upgrading on Xhaka too and perhaps another CB. Other than that the squad is looking in decent shape in terms of the first XI and subs. Should mount a top 4 challenge.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
We still lack a proper 9 and an attacking midfielder. Could argue we should be upgrading on Xhaka too and perhaps another CB. Other than that the squad is looking in decent shape in terms of the first XI and subs. Should mount a top 4 challenge.
Think Partey is a great upgrade on Xhaka, and I hope we use internal resources like Martinelli and ESR to fill the attacking positions, although that won't happen this season but we are in a great position for the next one

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩

Some people really don't understand the homegrown rules.

Saliba and Martinelli dont have to be registered because theyre under 21. Chambers will be registered as homegrown.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Leno, Runnarrson
Cedric, Kolasinac, Tierney
Sokratis, Mustafi, Mari, Luiz, Gabriel
Xhaka, Partey, Ceballos, Elneny, Özil
Willian, Pepe
Auba, Laca

And then homegrowns

Macey
Bellerin
Chambers, Holding
Maitland Niles

The rest of the squad are u21 and dont have to be registered. So two from the first section have to be dropped.

You'd have to say it will likely be Sokratis and Mustafi. Or one of those and Özil.

Jason Jace

Leno, Runnarrson
Cedric, Kolasinac, Tierney
Sokratis, Mustafi, Mari, Luiz, Gabriel
Xhaka, Partey, Ceballos, Elneny, Özil
Willian, Pepe
Auba, Laca

And then homegrowns

Macey
Bellerin
Chambers, Holding
Maitland Niles

The rest of the squad are u21 and dont have to be registered. So two from the first section have to be dropped.

You'd have to say it will likely be Sokratis and Mustafi. Or one of those and Özil.
Mari should be dropped alongside socratis, even saw the point in signing Pablo Mari in the first place

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Trying to follow this, so it’s definitely 2 senior players that could potentially miss out being named in the squad?

Özil and Sokratis surely?

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Trying to follow this, so it’s definitely 2 senior players that could potentially miss out being named in the squad?

Özil and Sokratis surely?

Yeah. Players can still move to certain countries as well I believe. Portugal/Netherlands and maybe even Turkey?

But yes definitely two senior Non HG players that wont be part of the premier league squad.

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
The not accepting a deal for Sokrati thing is really, really baffling. What could actually be the reasoning?

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Smith-Rowe
The not accepting a deal for Sokrati thing is really, really baffling. What could actually be the reasoning?
PSG?
I doubt that's even a real link. Doubt they need a cb. Hopefully we can move him on to some country which has its window open

I'm confident papa will move out
No idea who else we can move out though.

Gunners1616

Yeah. Players can still move to certain countries as well I believe. Portugal/Netherlands and maybe even Turkey?

But yes definitely two senior Non HG players that wont be part of the premier league squad.
Not really (according to Sky')

Can clubs do any business afterwards?

Domestically, yes - in certain situations.

Following consultation with the EFL - and because FIFA allows a summer transfer window to run for up to 12 weeks - an extra domestic window in England will run from October 5 to 5pm on October 16.

That means two Deadline Days essentially this window.

But Premier League clubs will only be able to trade with EFL clubs - either loans or permanent registrations - during the additional period.

No transfers can take place between Premier League clubs or with foreign clubs. Top-flight clubs must complete their main business and any international deals by October 5.

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Smith-Rowe
Not really (according to Sky')

Can clubs do any business afterwards?

Domestically, yes - in certain situations.

Following consultation with the EFL - and because FIFA allows a summer transfer window to run for up to 12 weeks - an extra domestic window in England will run from October 5 to 5pm on October 16.

That means two Deadline Days essentially this window.

But Premier League clubs will only be able to trade with EFL clubs - either loans or permanent registrations - during the additional period.

No transfers can take place between Premier League clubs or with foreign clubs. Top-flight clubs must complete their main business and any international deals by October 5.
Nah, sure we can send out players. This is only for ins IIRC

Latest posts+

Top Bottom