• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Squad Analysis 2020/21

Jae

There's a poll going on at skysports at the minute asking what Arsenal players you would keep/sell. There's been about 28k responses so far. Some interesting reading :lol:

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
There's a poll going on at skysports at the minute asking what Arsenal players you would keep/sell. There's been about 28k responses so far. Some interesting reading :lol:

Link?

Reactions: Jae

Iceman10

Established Member
The Saliba situation is really throwing off how we would be situated with CB’s for next season. Once we clear out Mustafi and Sok, Holding and Mari should really be backups for a top PL club while Luiz is ageing and isn’t that great in back four lineups anymore. So we would have Gabriel, Holding, Mari, and presumably Saliba, where you would have to say we are still one quality CB short to partner Gabriel as first choice because the opportunity to bed Saliba in this season has gone.

tcahill

I highly doubt before the start of season, any arsenal fans will say Everton has better squad or XI than arsenal. At least the XI should be about equal while arsenal has better squad depth.

I agree, we've got some shockers, but a decent manager should be able to build a decent team with good players like Gabriel, Partey, Leno, Auba, Pepe, Tierney, Saka etc, plus a bunch of serviceable players like Ceballos, Bellerin, Luiz, Laca, Xhaka, Elneny.

Jae

I highly doubt before the start of season, any arsenal fans will say Everton has better squad or XI than arsenal. At least the XI should be about equal while arsenal has better squad depth.

We have a more talented squad without a doubt. The difference between them and us is that their less talented players always get the job done, where as ours are next to useless.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
I think...Liverpool, City, United, Chelsea, Sp**s, Leicester and Wolves all have better squads than Arsenal in 2020/2021 (Everton are probably around the same level) 8th is probably around where we should finish, top half of the table, based on player quality (or lack of it!)

If you go through how many teams more players in a combined 11 than Arsenal, it's quite worrying.

Then you go back to 2005 for example, we would probably have more players in a combined 11 over any team in the league then...similar up to around 2015, where we should still have more then the majority of teams.

Our player recruitment has been shocking for a while now.

Last edited:

novar

I don't know think Wolves just has a spine but looks fairly fragile this season

Still think being top 6 is perfectly possible with this team under normal circumstances

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Saka Auba Pepe
Buendia​
Wilshere Partey

Lovely stuff.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
A team including Leno, Gabriel, Luiz, Tierney, Partey, Willian, Pepe and Aubameyang should not be in the bottom half. If you include Saliba and Guendouzi, we have arguably the best set of under 21s in Europe.

Once of squad is cleared of the deadwood and surplus in the summer, we have such a platform to build from. Arteta isn't the man to do it though.

Loving the Coutinho suggestion. I think this should have been our team this season.

--------------------------Leno
--------------Luiz---------------Gabriel
--Bellerin-------------------------------Tierney
--------------Guendouzi---Partey-------------
----Saka------------Pepe-----------Willian
---------------------Auba

You could make a case for AMN at RB (I wouldn't), Guendouzi is on loan so maybe Ceballos in cm and Willian and/Or Pepe dropped for Martinelli.

This isn't a bad team at all and 3 or 4 smart signings in the summer gives us top 4 potential. Artetq has been crap.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐

If this ever happened it would cut like a knife. Seriously. It would hurt. I'm still not over losing Gnabry and Emi.

TromsoGooner

Obsessed With Looking for Eric
If it`s not Olise or some other young talent available at a good price, I really hope we don`t buy anyone in January. Focus should instead be on shifting some players if possible, maybe loan deals for players like Willock.

I think we`ll stay well clear of relegation and even an EL-spot in unlikely, so in the league we have a great chance to give the young players minutes, build for the future and try to improve our attacking play. Do that and anything we can do in the EL and FA-cup.

No reason to bring in Eriksen on loan, spend big money on Brandt or Buendia. Save the money, play the youth, get rid off deadwood and get ready for a very important summer.

Last edited:

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

If it`s not Olise or some other young talent available at a good price, I really hope we don`t buy anyone in January. Focus should instead be on shifting some players if possible, maybe loan deals for players like Willock.

I think we`ll stay well clear of relegation and even an EL-spot in unlikely, so in the league we have a great chance of giving the young players minutes, build for the future and try to improve our attacking play. Do that and anything we can do in the EL and FA-cup.

No reason to bring in Eriksen on loan, spend big money on Brandt or Buendia. Save the money, play the youth, get rid off deadwood and get ready for a very important summer.

We need results for taking this route though. If we continue to hover around the relegation zone, I don't think the board will dare to take this long term view.

Beating Brighton and WBA would go a long way.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom