• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Squad Analysis 2020/21

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
As long as we have our attackers scoring goals, I don't think we need our midfielders scoring much, tbh.

Some of our best midfielders didn't score many, it depends on what your strikers and midfielders bring to the team.

Right but our attackers aren't exactly scoring that much either. No one is scoring that much in our squad, that's the problem.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Right but our attackers aren't exactly scoring that much either. No one is scoring that much in our squad, that's the problem.

Feel with our options in attack, Auba/Laca/Gabby/Saka/Pepe, we have options who can score a good amount.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Feel with our options in attack, Auba/Laca/Gabby/Saka/Pepe, we have options who can score a good amount.

In theory, but it's not actually happening in front of our eyes is it. We've scored 40 goals so far with 9 games to go. Need at least 10-15 more to be a top 4 team. There's potential for goals in that line-up but it needs more, Laca needs replaced probably.

And I love him but I don't think Saka will ever be a prolific scorer, he's much more of a creator than a scorer.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
Without chance creating, there will not be any scoring, regardless of how good your finishing is.

With plenty of good chance creating, there will be a lot of scoring, regardless of you finishing ability. Anyone can tap in an easy goal.

We need more creative players like Ødegaard, we need more skillful players. We need strikers who are good on the ball, like Henry, Bergkamp, Van Persie, Sanchez.

DasBootist

In theory, but it's not actually happening in front of our eyes is it. We've scored 40 goals so far with 9 games to go. Need at least 10-15 more to be a top 4 team. There's potential for goals in that line-up but it needs more, Laca needs replaced probably.

And I love him but I don't think Saka will ever be a prolific scorer, he's much more of a creator than a scorer.
I wouldn't be as bold as to predict how Saka will develop, as he has consistently surprised this season.

Taneruit

Established Member

Player:Zinchenko
x9ya6URYALxet2Pj3qvNh-4uk8F-777VzXEK6C5R6KU.png

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Arsenal bought;
- Alexis Sanchez
- Aaron Ramsey
- Mesut Özil
- Santi Carzorla
- Sokratis
- Mkhitaryan
- Danny Welbeck for = €184.9m

Then Arsenal sold;
- Alexis Sanchez
- Aaron Ramsey
- Mesut Özil
- Santi Carzorla
- Sokratis
- Mkhitaryan
- Danny Welbeck [ for = €0 ]

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
To add some context. Leno and Ryan is a quality 1st choice and back up. I don't rate Leno as highly as some but he is one of the league's best. We are good enough in this area.

Full backs: Bellerin, Tierney, Soares, AMN and Chambers. On paper that is good enough as well. Only Tierney is performing like a top full back. Arteta' fault.

Centre backs: admittedly, we don't have enough quality here. Luiz was world class albeit flawed, Gabriel hss the world of potential, Chambers and Mari are Premier League level, but jury us out as to whether they are Arsenal level. Holding is basic. Saliba and Mavro have a lot of potential. We need a world class defender really as we have at of good 2nd choices. 6/10

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Saliba, Gabriel, Tierney, Guendouzi, Azeez, Willock, Smith Rowe, Saka, Martinelli, Balogun.

Likely to have all those here in pre-season, only a few clubs in Europe have that much u23 talent. Expecting both Nelson and Nketiah to move on.

Centralladd

Good Evening guys and girls being from North of the border i don't hear much gossip about arsenal up hear so I was just wondering what the arsenal fans are feeling like about the squad that the manager is building

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Saliba, Gabriel, Tierney, Guendouzi, Azeez, Willock, Smith Rowe, Saka, Martinelli, Balogun.

Likely to have all those here in pre-season, only a few clubs in Europe have that much u23 talent. Expecting both Nelson and Nketiah to move on.
Have a hopeful hunch Nelson will get a loan instead but I expect both him and Nketiah gone. Shame really, but seeing Hutchinson and Taylor-Hart last night softened the potential blow a little bit.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
What is the deal with their contracts?
Hutchinson signed pro earlier this year, not sure how long but hes a sure bet to get another deal. Taylor-Hart has a contract on the table but he is weighing up options because a LOT of teams are interested. I think he may sign depending on what happens with sales this Summer.

As for Nelson and Nketiah, they have 2 years and 1 year left respectively. I think Reiss' camp are apparently looking for a renewal and loan, presumably because he isnt giving up on making it here but who knows. Nketiah is most likely gone because he wants to play. Speculating.

BobP

Memri Fan
GK
Bernd Leno
?

CB
Rob Holding
Gabriel
Pablo Marí
William Saliba

RB
?
Cédric Soares

LB
Kieran Tierney
?

CM
Thomas Partey
?
Granit Xhaka
Mohamed Elneny
Joe Willock
Miguel Azeez

AM
Emile Smith Rowe
?

W
Bukayo Saka
Willian
Nicolas Pépé
Gabriel Martinelli

ST
Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang
Alexandre Lacazette
Folarin Balogun

Out
David Luiz
Héctor Bellerín
Calum Chambers
Konstantinos Mavropanos
Reiss Nelson
Eddie Nketiah
Lucas Torreira
Ainsley Maitland-Niles
Rúnar Alex Rúnarsson
Matteo Guendouzi
Sead Kolašinac
Dani Ceballos
Martin Ødegaard
Mathew Ryan

Seems significant but it's all entirely plausible and in line with existing reports. The only player I'm unsure of is Lacazette. No reports linking him to other clubs. My vibe is the club has no interest in renewing his contract but are also fearful of losing him on a free. Can totally see the incompetents who run the club panic and hand him an undeserved contract extension.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

GK
Bernd Leno
?

CB
Rob Holding
Gabriel
Pablo Marí
William Saliba

RB
?
Cédric Soares

LB
Kieran Tierney
?

CM
Thomas Partey
?
Granit Xhaka
Mohamed Elneny
Joe Willock
Miguel Azeez

AM
Emile Smith Rowe
?

W
Bukayo Saka
Willian
Nicolas Pépé
Gabriel Martinelli

ST
Alexandre Lacazette
Folarin Balogun

Out
David Luiz
Héctor Bellerín
Calum Chambers
Konstantinos Mavropanos
Reiss Nelson
Eddie Nketiah
Lucas Torreira
Ainsley Maitland-Niles
Rúnar Alex Rúnarsson
Matteo Guendouzi
Sead Kolašinac
Dani Ceballos
Martin Ødegaard
Mathew Ryan

Seems significant but it's all entirely plausible and in line with existing reports. The only player I'm unsure of is Lacazette. No reports linking him to other clubs. My vibe is the club has no interest in renewing his contract but are also fearful of losing him on a free. Can totally see the incompetents who run the club panic and hand him an undeserved contract extension.
Looks about right, but those CM options are poverty. Need two in.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
To add some context. Leno and Ryan is a quality 1st choice and back up. I don't rate Leno as highly as some but he is one of the league's best. We are good enough in this area.

Full backs: Bellerin, Tierney, Soares, AMN and Chambers. On paper that is good enough as well. Only Tierney is performing like a top full back. Arteta' fault.

Centre backs: admittedly, we don't have enough quality here. Luiz was world class albeit flawed, Gabriel hss the world of potential, Chambers and Mari are Premier League level, but jury us out as to whether they are Arsenal level. Holding is basic. Saliba and Mavro have a lot of potential. We need a world class defender really as we have at of good 2nd choices. 6/10

AMN :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
GK
Bernd Leno

?

CB
Rob Holding

Gabriel
Pablo Marí
William Saliba

RB
?
Cédric Soares

LB
Kieran Tierney
?

CM
Thomas Partey
?
Granit Xhaka
Mohamed Elneny
Joe Willock

Miguel Azeez

AM
Emile Smith Rowe
?

W
Bukayo Saka
Willian
Nicolas Pépé
Gabriel Martinelli

ST
Alexandre Lacazette
Folarin Balogun

Out
David Luiz
Héctor Bellerín
Calum Chambers
Konstantinos Mavropanos
Reiss Nelson
Eddie Nketiah
Lucas Torreira
Ainsley Maitland-Niles
Rúnar Alex Rúnarsson
Matteo Guendouzi
Sead Kolašinac
Dani Ceballos
Martin Ødegaard
Mathew Ryan

Firstly, I think we should look to move on Leno. He’s on the decline and I think he wants out. No point keeping a player that’s not fully committed to the cause. I would look at that keeper at Brentford and keep Mat Ryan.

For defence, Holding should be moved on and we should keep Chambers imo. Chambers is the better footballer and can play right back too. I believe Holding will get more value compared to Chambers who is on his final year. Give Calum a year or two extension. However, if we were ruthless, I wouldn’t mind getting rid of both and bringing in another CB and right along with Saliba. Bring in a young left back to compete with Tierney too.

Midfield is a big problem area. Elneny should go. Simple as that. Willock is interesting, for £25 million you really can’t say no to that but he can score goals and he’s our best physical midfielder imo. Probably be best to see what he can offer in preseason and then decide what’s best for all parties. I love Azeez but is someone like Arteta gonna use him? We know how scared he is to use anyone under the age of 23. Plus, if we do fluke our way to CL football there may not be opportunities for Azeez to play. I think he may go out on loan knowing Arteta. Attacking midfield is an issue too. I think we should look at Buendia. I like Ødegaard but he’s not exactly giving us G/A. Clearly, goal scoring is a huge issue which needs to be tackled.

Finally the attack needs addressing. I do believe some of our attacking problems are down to Arteta’s own conservatism. However, I do think we need more guaranteed goalscorers in the team. Willian should be sent out on loan until we can get rid. Take the L and move on. Lacazette should be sold, he’s doing well this season but it’s not like he’s ever got us top 4 and despite this being his best season he doesn’t push the boat. If we had some clever scouts, I would bring in another wide forward on the left.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom