• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Squad Analysis 2022/23

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I posted a similar setup in the Mikel thread I think.

That's a good team.

We have enough there to take us to a Europa League semi final appearance IMO, possibly play those games as well if they are sharp enough.

Let our first team play the league, and sub them off early enough in preparation for the next game.

It’s crazy to think that that 11 has more balance to it that the first 11 we had in 2020.

But yeah would just give the above team a run out in every EL game we play tbh, the league takes absolute priority.

Nunowoolmez

Established Member
We all know the first 11, so baring any late moves on deadline day, our “2nd 11” is:

—————-Turner
Tomi—Holding—Kiwior—KT
————Jorginho
——-Vieira———ESR
Nelson——GJ——-Trossard

Have GJ in there as he will need to get back to full fitness. But on the whole I think the above team is ok for the EL.
On paper it's fine. But...
3 players coming back from injury with hardly any game time
1 player we dont know much about (Kiwi)
1 player who has yet to really make a real impact (Viera)
....& Holding who is a weak link.

Hopefully they can gel & build momentum & confidence with a few important sub appearances for the injured guys & Viera.

Much much better tho.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
When the dust settles you see that 3 players have left, a defender a midfielder and a forward, and 3 players have arrived, a defender a midfielder and a forward.

We don’t know if Kiwior is better than Cedric but you would hope so. But we do know that Jorginho is better than Lokonga and Trossard is better than Marquinhos.

So in that respect, the squad has improved.

TH14shahriar

A gentle soul
Alright. Let's try and see what we can do in the summer transfer window.

Out:
Rob Holding - 10-20m
Cedric Soares - 2-5m
Tierney - 30-40m
Elneny - 1-3m
Lokonga - 15m
Pepe - 30-40m
AMN - 5-10m
Mari - 5-10m
Nuno Tavares - 20-30m
Balogun 20-30m

Maybe 130-140m in outgoings.

In:
CM (Rice)
CDM (Caicedo/Zubimendi)
RB (good talent with potential, not that expensive)
LB (good talent with potential, not that expensive)
Winger
RCB (good talent with potential, not that expensive)

We're set and could go for the league and CL.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐

Out:
Rob Holding - 10-20m
Cedric Soares - 2-5m
Tierney - 30-40m
Elneny - 1-3m
Lokonga - 15m
Pepe - 30-40m
AMN - 5-10m
Mari - 5-10m
Nuno Tavares - 20-30m
Balogun 20-30m

In:
CM (Rice)
CDM (Caicedo/Zubimendi)
Winger
CB (good talent with potential, not that expensive)

Elneny isn't going anywhere so it's more than likely it will only be one midfielder added in the summer. I think Tierney will be sold so a LB will probably be signed and I could maybe see them adding a striker if they get good money for Balogun and Eddie keeps scoring (Jesus becomes more of a wide forward who can fill in up front in that scenario), but I think Balogun going and no new striker is more likely. Realistically I think we sign two players in the summer (not accounting for big names leaving and being replaced).

field442

Trusted ⭐
They want Fressy for that, right? Seems like a Zinchenko regen.

It would make more sense than RB. I suppose it depends on how Arteta views playing a right footer at LB but if he's instructed to play in a similar way to Zinchenko it wouldn't matter that much.

TH14shahriar

A gentle soul
Elneny isn't going anywhere so it's more than likely it will only be one midfielder added in the summer. I think Tierney will be sold so a LB will probably be signed and I could maybe see them adding a striker if they get good money for Balogun and Eddie keeps scoring (Jesus becomes more of a wide forward who can fill in up front in that scenario), but I think Balogun going and no new striker is more likely. Realistically I think we sign two players in the summer (not accounting for big names leaving and being replaced).

Hopefully you're wrong and the club follows my list :fcrossed:

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀

Out:
Rob Holding - 10-20m
Cedric Soares - 2-5m
Tierney - 30-40m
Elneny - 1-3m
Lokonga - 15m
Pepe - 30-40m
AMN - 5-10m
Mari - 5-10m
Nuno Tavares - 20-30m
Balogun 20-30m

In:
CM (Rice)
CDM (Caicedo/Zubimendi)
Winger

-Holding maybe 10m. Definitely not 20m.
-Cedric will be a free. No one will pay for him.
-Hard to see anyone paying 40m for Tierney but maybe high 20s. I wouldn't sell him unless we can pick up a guaranteed better, younger squad player for 10-15m.
-Lokonga is gonna be a loss. Maybe we can get 7-8m for him.
- Pepe is never in a month of Sundays bringing in 30-40m. We will be lucky to get 20m for him.
- Tavares maybe generates 15-20m depending on who wants him.
-Flo probably generates the most after the season he is having. 20-30m could be right.

Personally I see more like 80m-ish in sales as opposed to 120m. But that's only if there are buyers. How many times have we seen clubs only looking loans.

The foreigner clubs aren't buying players at the prices English clubs are and there will be very few clubs looking to buy Pepe and Tierney on relatively big wages.

TH14shahriar

A gentle soul
-Holding maybe 10m. Definitely not 20m.
-Cedric will be a free. No one will pay for him.
-Hard to see anyone paying 40m for Tierney but maybe high 20s. I wouldn't sell him.
-Lokonga is gonna be a loss. Maybe we can get 7-8m for him.
- Pepe is never in a month of Sundays bringing in 30-40m. We will be lucky to get 20m for him.
- Tavares maybe generates 15-20m depending on who wants him.
-Flo probably generates the most after the season he is having. 20-30m could be right.

Personally I see more like 80m-ish in sales as opposed to 120m. But that's only if there are buyers. How many times have we seen clubs only looking loans.

The foreigner clubs aren't buying players at the prices English clubs are and there will be very few clubs looking to buy Pepe and Tierney on relatively big wages.

80m would still be good imo.

Sparrahork

I personally cannot understand why we would get rid of balo. A hg talent pulling up trees this season, only to possibly replace with another striker?!

If anything he goes out on loan, I can see it more likely however that jesus is our no.1 striker but back up right winger (ahead of Nelli/ trossard). To me this allows us to integrate all current players and finally splash the cash on midfield.

I would also give Reiss a new contract if he has an appetite to stay here in the 'mo of the wings' role. Further padding out of forward positions next season not required at all, just as our defence is now sorted.

There may be an appetite as well for tavares to be tried as a left winger pre season, determine then if he goes or not as there is a player in there.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
I personally cannot understand why we would get rid of balo. A hg talent pulling up trees this season, only to possibly replace with another striker?!

If anything he goes out on loan, I can see it more likely however that jesus is our no.1 striker but back up right winger (ahead of Nelli/ trossard). To me this allows us to integrate all current players and finally splash the cash on midfield.

I would also give Reiss a new contract if he has an appetite to stay here in the 'mo of the wings' role. Further padding out of forward positions next season not required at all, just as our defence is now sorted.

There may be an appetite as well for tavares to be tried as a left winger pre season, determine then if he goes or not as there is a player in there.
Tavares isn't a left winger in a 4 3 3. He's a wing back.

There is no way Tavares is going to become Martinelli or even Trossard.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan

Out:
Rob Holding - 10-20m
Cedric Soares - 2-5m
Tierney - 30-40m
Elneny - 1-3m
Lokonga - 15m
Pepe - 30-40m
AMN - 5-10m
Mari - 5-10m
Nuno Tavares - 20-30m
Balogun 20-30m

In:
CM (Rice)
CDM (Caicedo/Zubimendi)
Winger

20-30m for the highest scoring U-21 player in Europe? Will be disastrous if that happens. But with Edu anything is possible.

TH14shahriar

A gentle soul
20-30m for the highest scoring U-21 player in Europe? Will be disastrous if that happens. But with Edu anything is possible.
farmers insurance ok GIF

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
I wouldn't sell him but unless he joins an English club we aren't getting more. Not because he isn't worth it but because the other leagues don't pay the same money.

Imagine the likes of Sevilla, Villareal, Leverkusen, Lille or whatever are interested. Those clubs don't bid 40-50m.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
The team for 2nd half look in great shape considering last January when G.Jesus back we'll have Trossard/Martinelli ESR eddie on the bench. Vieira and Jorginho in midfield tomi kiwi Tierney in defence very good bench. Nelson and holding as emergency options

Nunowoolmez

Established Member

Out:
Rob Holding - 10-20m
Cedric Soares - 2-5m
Tierney - 30-40m
Elneny - 1-3m
Lokonga - 15m
Pepe - 30-40m
AMN - 5-10m
Mari - 5-10m
Nuno Tavares - 20-30m
Balogun 20-30m

In:
CM (Rice)
CDM (Caicedo/Zubimendi)
Winger

Elneny is out of contract end of season so wont be staying & we wont be getting a fee. Same with Nelson unless he is extended.

Mari, Cedric, AMN, Pepe, Tavares & Runarson (GK) will be sold.
Probably Sambi & Holding too.
Tierney may want to move but I hope not.

We'll buy 1 MF, a RB, & possibly a right forward if Nelson leaves. If KT goes we might buy a LB, but they will probably just buy a RB & use Tomi as a utility defender for the RCB, RB & LB slots when needed.

field442

Trusted ⭐
Elneny is out of contract end of season so wont be staying & we wont be getting a fee. Same with Nelson unless he is extended.

Mari, Cedric, AMN, Pepe, Tavares & Runarson (GK) will be sold.
Probably Sambi & Holding too.
Tierney may want to move but I hope not.

We'll buy 1 MF, a RB, & possibly a right forward if Nelson leaves. If KT goes we might buy a LB, but they will probably just buy a RB & use Tomi as a utility defender for the RCB, RB & LB slots when needed.

Reliable sources are saying the club will take up the 1 year option on Elneny's contract. They don't want to release him while he's doing rehab after his ACL injury.

Nunowoolmez

Established Member
Reliable sources are saying the club will take up the 1 year option on Elneny's contract. They don't want to release him while he's doing rehab after his ACL injury.
We already extended him end of last season tho. Unless we doing what Wenger did & offer players 1 year deals when they hit 30 ?

I know Teta likes him, but we need to move on from guys like Elneny & Holding.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
We already extended him end of last season tho. Unless we doing what Wenger did & offer players 1 year deals when they hit 30 ?

I know Teta likes him, but we need to move on from guys like Elneny & Holding.
Wenger did the same with Santi. The club had a fair idea that he was going to be out a while and complications could occur and they offered him a 1 year extension to focus on his recovery and provide support.

We aren't a club who are just gonna say well your injury happened with us, but sure you're out of contract in the summer so you can use our facilities for your recovery but look for another club.

We have abit more class.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom