• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Squad Analysis 23/24

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Partey need upgrading and we need Saka backup these positions should be must to strengthen in summer.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
I think both Jesus and Zinchenko have ran their course.

They brought something new in 2022/23 season, but their big injury concerns, plus massive inconsistencies should make our club look elsewhere and don't keep them on their huge wages.

It is ridiculous and furious at the same time to keep Jesus as our main striker who scored only 4 goals for a title-chasing team. Same with Zinchenko who was found out as opposition teams had field day playing balls over the top beyond him as his positional awareness was all over the place.

It is no wonder that the period when we lost this title with those awful results in December coincided with these two being starters.

Sell them both, even at a loss 📉

Paperino

It’s Timo Time

I think both Jesus and Zinchenko have ran their course.

They brought something new in 2022/23 season, but their big injury concerns, plus massive inconsistencies should make our club look elsewhere and don't keep them on their huge wages.

It is ridiculous and furious at the same time to keep Jesus as our main striker who scored only 4 goals for a title-chasing team. Same with Zinchenko who was found out as opposition teams had field day playing balls over the top beyond him as his positional awareness was all over the place.

It is no wonder that the period when we lost this title with those awful results in December coincided with these two being starters.

Sell them both, even at a loss 📉

Decent post.

So many players we need to sell both for their own and the clubs sake:

ESR *
Reiss *
Zinchenko
Havertz (yes)
Jesus
Partey
Ramsdale
Tomiyasu *
Vieira
Nketiah
Lokonga
Tavares
Tierney *
Marquinhos

* I respect these players.

avenellroad

John Radford’s son
Our absolute priority should be a rapid winger. Preferably two or at least someone who can play on both flanks.
I agree, a rapid, goalscoring winger is what’s needed. Generally speaking, we need more goals from wide areas. Trossard had a strong finish to the season but was out of form in the league in the first half of the season. Saka had a decent-ish season whilst Martinelli had a poor overall season.

FinnGooner

Established Member
Bring in Xavi Simons as he can provide cover for multiple positions in the attack.
Bring in CDM in the mold of Jorginho, but younger and more explosive / athletic
Bring in a young striker with big potential. Sesko would tick the box and I think he has buy out clause but there are probably lots of 'em out there. Scouts to do their job!

Get rid of Nketiah: I like him but simply not good enough for this level and can have a good career if leaves
Get rid of Ramsdale: Obviously not what Mikel wants from a GK. Like the guy so good luck
Get rid of Partey: I guess Saudi is the only real option. He had a few decent games this season so hopefully that would generate some interest elsewhere but doubt it
Get rid of Nelson: I think we gave him a big contract so possibly unsellable but I think he could do a job in a mid PL club

On the fence with Vieira and ESR. I think ESR still has higher ceiling but I really can't see a role for him in the team. As a pure profit sale he'd give us much more options in the transfer market. Vieira has shown nothing but I'd still give him one more season if he can stay fit and show. No point selling now 'cause his value is probably at its lowest with so little football this season.

I don't think we need to go overboard with depth. We just need to make sure we have about 18-20 guys who can actually start without the quality dropping too much. So if we upgrade Eddie, Partey and bring in a versatile offensive cover option in the mold of Simons we are better off already.

MauveGunner

Player:Rice
Tbf, a killer in the box is really needed. I still feel Trossard is (imo)our best finisher inside the box, which sais enough. Kai did great, but he's not enough. Who that striker will be? I don't know. Maybe Watkins?

And we need some depth on the wings. Saka needs a back-up. He's been playing it all since I don't know how long. And apart from Trossard there is no real stand in for our fronline aswell. Jesus maybe, if that knee is looked at. An extra CM who is not an extra luxury as well.

I don't know who will come, and I don't really going to throw out names. I feel confident in whoever they will bring in at this point.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Honestly they both suck. So whatever comes, I'll happily accept

The problem is Arteta, he tanks value.

Eddie, Smith Rowe, Nelson, Lokonga should be going for proper fees. Instead we are in a difficult situation now. Hopefully this is the last of the group, and we can start to get big fees going forward.

HattoriHanzo

Eddie, Smith Rowe, Nelson, Lokonga should be going for proper fees. Instead we are in a difficult situation now. Hopefully this is the last of the group, and we can start to get big fees going forward.
So he should play them, in order not to tank their value?
But if he plays them, our play would suffer.
What is the solution?

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
So he should play them, in order not to tank their value?
But if he plays them, our play would suffer.
What is the solution?

He needs to find a way to play them, adapt our system to deal with the adjustments.

And Im not even saying starting here, we start our best players in our main competitions. But we can rotate our best players later on and give our back up players game time without much drop off. Im talking Vieira, Nelson, Nketiah, Zinchenko, even Lokonga.

This is the next phase of development I want to see in Arteta.

HattoriHanzo

He needs to find a way to play them, adapt our system to deal with the adjustments.

And Im not even saying starting here, we start our best players in our main competitions. But we can rotate our best players later on and give our back up players game time without much drop off. Im talking Vieira, Nelson, Nketiah, Zinchenko, even Lokonga.

This is the next phase of development I want to see in Arteta.
I agree with you that they should play more, but it is very difficult to find the proper balance.
Maximum they can get is very limited number of minutes, I wonder if it would be sufficient.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
That's a side effect, the "problem" is the club is loaded with money and Arteta doesn't have to play them to keep their value, because for him it makes no difference if we sell a player for £5M or £10, or even give him for free.
Saying that, he wouldn't be the right man for the job if he needed to manage our finances through the way we recruit and play football (something that Wenger needed to do and managers and Dortumnd for example).
In a way I'm OK with it, they are pushing for high value first team regulars and one of them could fetch us 3x more than all our rejects combined if we ever need money from sales.

Arsenal Quotes

A manager is a guide. He takes a group of people and says: "With you I can make us a success; I can show you the way".

Arsène Wenger

2024 Summer Transfers Deadline

Daily Transfer Updates

Friday, July 19

Marseille would offer around £20m for Eddie Nketiah, but it’s likely that Arsenal would ask for more [Alan Nixon - The Sun]

West Ham are frontrunners to sign Reiss Nelson and a fee of £15m-20m could be enough to clinch a deal [Evening Standard]

Inter and Juventus have asked Arsenal about loaning Jakub Kiwior, but the club will only let him leave on a permanent transfer [Goal Poland]

Academy striker Chido Obi-Martin visited Manchester United’s training ground to discuss a move to the club [AcademyScoop]

Crystal Palace are preparing a £30m bid for Emile Smith Rowe [Ed Aarons - The Guardian]

Latest posts

Top Bottom