• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Squad Analysis

Klaus Daimler

Established Member
patrick42uk said:
Bischoff is a decent little player. His lack of pace is worrying if we are talking about his ability to play first team football in the premier league but i can see him easily making a career in a first division on the continent. His link play is superb. Against Southampton for the reserves I was really impressed with his passing and his movement.
I've been impressed with his link play as well. There's a difference between not being particularly pacy and lacking pace though. I don't think he lacks it. It's just that he isn't quicker on a average than most players. Pace is never a requirement to succeed. I think there's a good chance that Bischoff will turn out very useful eventually.

M+D

Established Member
Klaus Daimler said:
patrick42uk said:
Bischoff is a decent little player. His lack of pace is worrying if we are talking about his ability to play first team football in the premier league but i can see him easily making a career in a first division on the continent. His link play is superb. Against Southampton for the reserves I was really impressed with his passing and his movement.
I've been impressed with his link play as well. There's a difference between not being particularly pacy and lacking pace though. I don't think he lacks it. It's just that he isn't quicker on a average than most players. Pace is never a requirement to succeed. I think there's a good chance that Bischoff will turn out very useful eventually.

I'm a fan as well. A very intelligent player who will reach quite a high level I think, even though I agree with Patrick that the EPL might not be for him, but you never know.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
pace is nice, but it's not the end-all be-all (i.e. Cesc - isnt all THAT fast, but he gets himself into good positions)

kamikaze80

Established Member
right but cesc is a CM. bischoff is not a CM. he's an AM/LM type of player. could he be a good squad player? yes, except wenger seems to rate ramsey more highly. moreover, given his lack of pace and defensive ability, he is a luxury player who needs the team built around him in the hole. i dont see this guy ever helping us win a title except by using funds from his sale. he can be a riquelme-type for a lesser team in spain or something.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
i dont see Bischoff as a LM kind of player.. AM maybe, but you dont even need blistering pace for THAT.. DB10 was never gifted with blazing speed (although he wasnt a turtle either)..

he might be useful, but way too early to tell.. has he even gotten on the bench for a Prem game yet?

kamikaze80

Established Member
bergkamp was also physically powerful and one of the most technically gifted players to ever play the game.

dont think the hoff has made the bench yet.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
well, i could see him potentially making the bench, but dont think he will see any action.. makes me wonder why we bothered to sign him... (i know he was cheap, etc) but is Wenger planning on signing him permanently after this season? (he's on a 1 year contract this year).. will be interesting to see..

KY

Established Member
Didn't wenger told him he'd sign him but he'd probably be playing reserve games only until he's good enough for the first team?

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
who knows what he was told.. im just curious to know if Wenger sees a future with him here.. otherwise, we can't re-sign him, no?

progman07

Established Member
To be honest, I still don't see the point in him. Merida, Wilshere, Ramsey, Vela, Barazite are younger and are already better than him. He is slow, doesn't really stand out in anything, and generally doesn't look like a special talent. Maybe I will be wrong and he will score 20 goals a season as a midfielder, and he will win us lots of trophies, but I just can't see it.

How much does he cost us (I mean his wages)? I'm thinking that money could have been spent in a better way (Flamini's plus wages perhaps?)

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
i think he's on a minimal contract (5k or 10k at the most), but he wasnt really brought in until after everyone left, so cant blame him for that..

i dont think many really saw the point to the signing.. it was a small gamble on him (considering how little he is actually being paid) to see if he could turn out another "diamond in the rough".. he might still prove to be useful, but who knows...

Alfonso

Established Member
Does anyone know when Diaby will be back? Wenger mentioned he was injured on arse.com but never actually said how long he would be out for. I know he has his critics on here but I have seen a steady improvement from the old 'new Vieria' in 2009. Certainly think he has the highest potential out of the four horsemen (song, denilson, eboue and diaby himself).

lee1001

Established Member
I think we are set for attacking options for many years.

In regards to CM, i don't think Wenger will be buying there for a long time either. In his mind we have Fabregas, Denilson, Song and Diaby for two central midfield positions. Only one of those is good enough but im not sure Wenger sees it that way.

I can see Senderos coming back in the summer. I can see Gallas leaving and Wenger buying a quality replacement.

Almunia has done well enough.

Classy_Gunner

Alfonso said:
Does anyone know when Diaby will be back? Wenger mentioned he was injured on arse.com but never actually said how long he would be out for. I know he has his critics on here but I have seen a steady improvement from the old 'new Vieira' in 2009. Certainly think he has the highest potential out of the four horsemen (song, denilson, eboue and diaby himself).

He will never be like Viera. The reason why is because he is not a box-box midfielder like Viera .He also doesnt have the nasty streak which just is Viera .All Abou does is make silly tackles which tries and make him look like a nasty boy but he really isn't. Of course he has the height and physic of Viera but he doesn't really use it .Does he .

Anzac

Established Member
progman07 said:
To be honest, I still don't see the point in him. Merida, Wilshere, Ramsey, Vela, Barazite are younger and are already better than him. He is slow, doesn't really stand out in anything, and generally doesn't look like a special talent. Maybe I will be wrong and he will score 20 goals a season as a midfielder, and he will win us lots of trophies, but I just can't see it.

How much does he cost us (I mean his wages)? I'm thinking that money could have been spent in a better way (Flamini's plus wages perhaps?)

just on his link play alone he's ahead of Eboue.........

KY

Established Member
Something Feanor said in the Villareal match thread made me think of something and i remembered this thread...
Here's the ages of our attacking midfielders: arshavin 27,Rosicky 28, nasri 22, Walcott, 20, wilshere 17. And strikers: Ade 25, Eddy 26, RVP 25, bendtner 21, vela 20. Looking at that age group, we're pretty much set in terms of attacking force for the next 10 years! Even if walcott decides to become a striker, we still have merida or lansbury or barazite who (can) make it. IMO we have more than enough experience, exuberance and all that despite what the media call us (immature, too young etc..). We have players at their peak and those still peaking, we're definitely set.
Only thing that struck me as funny was central midfield and central defense. Midfield's too youthful while central defense is too old (other than djourou of course, but you need a pair...not just one...)

Latest posts

Top Bottom