• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Squad Cost: The People vs Makingtrax

Status
Not open for further replies.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

How does one explain Arsenal finishing above squads that regularly cost more?

Are people in agreement that getting top 4 in the years that we had to return profit in the transfer market was a good achievement?

Chelsea and City got where they are by spending lot of money...

I don't think though we should focus on squad costs. We took the longer route but we still have managed to build very good and compatible squad. We should be competing by now.

samshere

Why so serieuse?
Squad cost while a major factor isn't the only factor otherwise city would've comfortably won the title every year. Arsenal has a stable manager and squad for the past three years, we shouldve won the title in this time.
Close thread

4R5Emaniac

Always fresh from Bangladesh
Are people in agreement that getting top 4 in the years that we had to return profit in the transfer market was a good achievement?

Chelsea and City got where they are by spending lot of money...

I don't think though we should focus on squad costs. We took the longer route but we still have managed to build very good and compatible squad. We should be competing by now.
It was a good achievement for sure but one has to consider the competition was coming from Sp**s/Everton/Liverpool who were nothing special.

Agree on that assessment. We should definitely be competing for titles.

Hunter Zolomon

Any deficiencies we suffered in squad cost was offset by arsenal having the same manager and stability. So if we claim they have money the other clubs can also claim we have the same manager. Btw by next season pep and city will have sorted themselves out and we might not even make the top 4.

4R5Emaniac

Always fresh from Bangladesh
Any deficiencies we suffered in squad cost was offset by arsenal having the same manager and stability. So if we claim they have money the other clubs can also claim we have the same manager. Btw by next season pep and city will have sorted themselves out and we might not even make the top 4.
Unless we improve ourselves but I would really find it surprising if Liverpool or Tottenham finish above us this term. Man City might find themselves out of the top four this season itself as well.

Given the money in the PL though I wonder if it is that important to finish in the CL places anymore.

James Bond

Moderation Consultant
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom