• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Squares, circles and triangles : The 2023/24 statistic thread

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
GARMVCnWkAExqYi

Interesting… Who would’ve thought

How would you interpret overperforming expected points? Is it a testament to the character of the players? I remember Klopp saying last year that Mikel had managed to create a strong team with players with strong personalities.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

How would you interpret overperforming expected points? Is it a testament to the character of the players? I remember Klopp saying last year that Mikel had managed to create a strong team with players with strong personalities.

Doesn’t mean much at this stage of the season tbh.

You think back to a few games like Brentford for eg where that easily could have been a draw had it not been for some off the line clearances.

Still though, even City have been shown as over performing and they the best. Will level out over time.

Doesn’t mean much at this stage of the season tbh.

You think back to a few games like Brentford for eg where that easily could have been a draw had it not been for some off the line clearances.

Still though, even City have been shown as over performing and they the best. Will level out over time.

Do we know if the best teams overperform their expected points at constant basis?

But this is also what I am talking about, two goal-line clearances, Gabriel celebrating tackles. Its character which I think we have showed early this season while not playing our best attacking game.

It will be interesting to see if we are still in the title race for the final 8 how we cope, and if we can shake off whatever mental block we had last season.

But then again what I said in another thread that maybe the teams with the most quality should always outperform their expected goals and points, they have the quality to score low percentages chances and the quality to see through games.

DuBB

Good.

Because if you watch full matches and don't rely on stats, you can tell that we can score in open play. CL games (where teams don't camp in their boxes) and our ability to counter in both PL and CL are good examples of this. Can we be or should we be more clinical? Yes. 100%. But do we actually have a problem moving the ball and attacking? Nope.

So if you can supplement open play ability with set-piece goals, it gives you another way to exploit opposition.

To score from set pieces and corners requires you to be a physical and tactically superior team. And in order to score penalties, you have to be awarded a penalty, which means you were in the box posing a threat and the only way to stop you was by doing something against the rules (handball or fouling)

I don't see an issue. I used to long for the days when a set piece meant something. For close to a decade if not more, winning a corner meant close to nothing to us a club, and conceding a corner was scary because we couldn't defend.

It's gone from a legitimate weakness to a league-leading strength.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah

Interesting how Ødegaard sets league records when he gets a little more space to operate in, and moves from a tempo setter, to line breaker.

The scariest part for me? Half of those line breakers come from the final third, where spaces are practically gone.

Doubt this kid and his ability at your own peril.

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳
Football is a game of high variability from game to game, and the xGA over the last few games bares that out. We've been our usual selves defensively but have conceded 5 goals from very low xG, it happens. Over the course of the season I expect our GA to remain low.
Unless the goal keeper continues to throw it in his own net.

HattoriHanzo

When Capello speaks, others should listen.

“I must say that the purchase of Rice was fundamental,” he said.

“They undoubtedly paid a lot, but he gave the balance that Arteta needed.

“Arenal play together, there is no soloist: in the middle of the pitch the difference is made by the group, never knowing how to move together with and without the ball.

“They play nice football, fast and at a high pace but that “star” that can change history is missing.”

Iconic manager highlights one potential problem for Arsenal – But full of praise for Gunners and Arteta

Latest posts

Top Bottom