• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

$tan Kroenke Becomes Soul Owner

macka66

Bit of context please. They (Avs) got knocked out by the President's Trophy winners the Nashville Predators (the team who finished the regular season on top of the league). They made Nashville fight tooth and nail for that series win too, all this coming after being one of the worst teams in hockey the season before.

President trophy winners doesn't mean nothing when it comes to the play offs. The stanley cup is arguably the hardest trophy to win in sports. Mackinnon was on fire who arguably done it on hes own.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

I dont want to sound naive but which of his sports team makes the most money?

Not a naive question , I'm not sure lol . Where he generates revenue is from the malls , other commercial properties . We probably generate the most revenue as far as sporting but I couldn't be sure.

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

Not a naive question , I'm not sure lol . Where he generates revenue is from the malls , other commercial properties . We probably generate the most revenue as far as sporting but I couldn't be sure.
I just think that he will need to invest to keep the value.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
I just think that he will need to invest to keep the value.

I agree, it would make no sense to get 100% of a company and then let it decline, especially with so much debt to repay. We need success to get the sponsors to get the money. I'd rather we were still public but I'm trying to focus on the positives because its going to happen, like it or not!

Token Yank

I don’t really think professional sports teams ‘make money’, I.e. generate strong profits. I think it’s more that there valuations continue to sky rocket regardless. I would say off the top of my head probably Rams and Arsenal hands down as most valuable. Not sure which order.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Arsenal should make the most at the gate but because of the LA Stadium the Rams may be the most valuable with that factored in. If he'd spent some f*cking money the last few seasons leading to more prize money, better sponsorship and increased brand value then it would be us by a mile with no dispute. The dumb tit.

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

Yeah this isn't good for the club. Granted from the reading I've done about Kroenke he doesn't seem to take money out of his franchises, but the loan he took out to buy Usmanov's shares will be leveraged against our cash balances.

In addition to that, if I've got this correct; Kroenke, if he opted to, can now take money (or dividends) out of the club similarly to how he did a few years ago as "service" charges and doesn't have to publicly declare it.

He will not be investing his own money into the club, and could take money out without repercussion; there is no benefit here at all, and this could leave us in serious trouble depending on if he did wish to take money out.

Whilst Usmanov is a piece of sh*t, I don't know why the previous shareholders couldn't find anyone else to sell their shares to, they trusted Kroenke? Really?

They didn't bother to look at how he runs his other franchises?

I think most of us were wary of Kroenke then and we are fans, yet the board thought Arsenal would be in safe hands with this guy?

He is a greedy and opportunistic piece of sh*t.

At least he weren't so risk averse then perhaps he'd actually invest more into Arsenal in the hopes of making us more successful; therefore increasing our commercial revenue and value.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

President trophy winners doesn't mean nothing when it comes to the play offs. The stanley cup is arguably the hardest trophy to win in sports. Mackinnon was on fire who arguably done it on hes own.

Mate you made it sound like the Avs were some kind of rampant team that should have won the Stanley Cup. Nashville were the best team in the league and they pushed them almost all the way.

And please, you can't say that the Stanley Cup is the hardest trophy in sports to win when basically half the league makes the play offs. Hardest trophy is surely the World Series IMO.

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
That tweet is from 2 years ago and Arsenal have spent a fair bit of money since then so he's wrong as usual.

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

Yeah this isn't good for the club. Granted from the reading I've done about Kroenke he doesn't seem to take money out of his franchises, but the loan he took out to buy Usmanov's shares will be leveraged against our cash balances.

In addition to that, if I've got this correct; Kroenke, if he opted to, can now take money (or dividends) out of the club similarly to how he did a few years ago as "service" charges and doesn't have to publicly declare it.

He will not be investing his own money into the club, and could take money out without repercussion; there is no benefit here at all, and this could leave us in serious trouble depending on if he did wish to take money out.
The statement Kroenke put out explicitly said the loan won't be funded in any way by Arsenal. Furthermore, there is nothing to suggest he is going to take money out of the club, it's just a wild guess he will because he did it once before.

Everyone losing their sh*t and going off on what could happen, but no one really knows. If he drains the club from funds to a degree that it will affect the position of the club, condemn him then, not now when nothing has happened yet.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes

Huh ?

There is not real competition in american teamsports so..

Hard in that they play loads of games?

Without looking it up I can say that the NHL has more winners than the big euro football leagues

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

The statement Kroenke put out explicitly said the loan won't be funded in any way by Arsenal. Furthermore, there is nothing to suggest he is going to take money out of the club, it's just a wild guess he will because he did it once before.

Everyone losing their sh*t and going off on what could happen, but no one really knows. If he drains the club from funds to a degree that it will affect the position of the club, condemn him then, not now when nothing has happened yet.

Well, I agree that we haven't seen him do anything bad yet, so perhaps it's jumping the gun to condemn him now, but his track record is hardly encouraging in terms of investment, but the LA Rams is doing well now since they canned their old head coach.

In terms of the loan; I applaud your belief in Kroenke but I just don't share the same optimism.

Just because he said he won't leverage the loan against Arsenal doesn't sway me. He borrowed money to buy the shares and it will be leveraged against something, I guess we'll see how that plays out

I love how people can be tricked to believe he is just gonna draw 600 M out of his magic hat to pay the loan back. "Nonono I just took 600 M loan to buy Arsenal but they won't have anything to do with me paying it back". :lol:

And also, he has taken the money twice out of the club. Two times. He only stop because AST was there and they complained. Now they won't be. In fact he doesn't have to inform anyone about it. You don't have to be genius to see that this was pattern rising and now he has a way of continue it.

Besides that is not the biggest problems. Since Kroenke became our majority holder we have regressed. We were competing with United for the PL title. Now we are behind Chelsea, City and Liverpool also. Kroenke barely comes to the games or show any interest or ambition that is necessary to compete.

And no he doesn't have to do anything. The value of the club is still going up. The value could will probably still go up even if we finish 10th 3-5 years in row. The value could go down 100-200 M and he still would be in profit on this business.

He doesn't have to do ****! That is a huge problem!

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Not saying he definitely will Vinci, but it's his Club now , he doesn't have to keep that promise . He has said in the past he sees no problem in Clubs paying owners dividends . Problem before was he'd have to pay all the shareholders a div as well. It all goes to him now .

I don't think he will drain the Club ,youré basically damaging the value of your own assets , but he can still take money out as he sees fit.

Our biggest issue is our flagging commercial revenue , good thing is it's in Kroenke's and Arsenal's interest to do something about that .

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
I love how people can be tricked to believe he is just gonna draw 600 M out of his magic hat to pay the loan back. "Nonono I just took 600 M loan to buy Arsenal but they won't have anything to do with me paying it back". :lol:

And also, he has taken the money twice out of the club. Two times. He only stop because AST was there and they complained. Now they won't be. In fact he doesn't have to inform anyone about it. You don't have to be genius to see that this was pattern rising and now he has a way of continue it.

Besides that is not the biggest problems. Since Kroenke became our majority holder we have regressed. We were competing with United for the PL title. Now we are behind Chelsea, City and Liverpool also. Kroenke barely comes to the games or show any interest or ambition that is necessary to compete.

And no he doesn't have to do anything. The value of the club is still going up. The value could will probably still go up even if we finish 10th 3-5 years in row. The value could go down 100-200 M and he still would be in profit on this business.

He doesn't have to do ****! That is a huge problem!

To be fair plenty of clubs were behind City, both Chelsea and City are infront of us due to heavy investement which is very rare on their level and only really been seen elsewhere from PSG and at a time Monaco.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom