• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

$tan Kroenke Becomes Soul Owner

JimmyTheMac

Can't upload the original screenshot of the tweet but this is by Joel Rabinowitz,

Net spend over the past 5 seasons (since 2014/15): 1. City, £575m 2. United, £492m 3. Arsenal, £265m 4. Chelsea, £207m 5. Liverpool, £108m 6. Sp**s, £49m

....for all the moaners about our financial structure and for all the squad cost disciples

Tony's nose

Can't upload the original screenshot of the tweet but this is by Joel Rabinowitz,

Net spend over the past 5 seasons (since 2014/15): 1. City, £575m 2. United, £492m 3. Arsenal, £265m 4. Chelsea, £207m 5. Liverpool, £108m 6. Sp**s, £49m

....for all the moaners about our financial structure and for all the squad cost disciples

Most know Arsenal have spent plenty of money. It's more a case of wasted millions.
Mustafi, Xhaka, welbeck , perez and losing millions through over paying average players and loss on free transfers is just so wastefull.
Those players aRe just wasted money. Amazed that the Kroenke ' s let this happen.

I felt the board didn't back the new manager this summer but thinking about it we have wasted millions on average players.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
Most know Arsenal have spent plenty of money. It's more a case of wasted millions.
Mustafi, Xhaka, welbeck , perez and losing millions through over paying average players and loss on free transfers is just so wastefull.
Those players aRe just wasted money. Amazed that the Kroenke ' s let this happen.

I felt the board didn't back the new manager this summer but thinking about it we have wasted millions on average players.

Its been like this for a long long time, every club has made poor signings over the years but we seem to hold onto these players far too long and pay them far too much;

Luzhny
Stepanovs
Edu
Jeffers
Van Bronckhorst
Inamoto
Richard Wright
Juan
Cygan
Shaaban
Reyes
Flamini
Djourou
Senderos
Eboue
Julio Baptista
Gallas
Denilson
Mart Poom
Fabianski
Coq
Silvestre
Arshavin
Mannone
Chamakh
Squillaci
Jenkinson
Oxlade Chamberlain
Gervinho
Benayoun
Per
Andre Santos
Miyaichi
Park Chu Young
Podolski
Sanogo
Özil :eek:
Kim Kallstrom
Joel Campbell
Welbeck
Gabriel
Xhaka (?)
Mustafi (?)
Perez

That is a list of players I personally think either stole a living at Arsenal, stayed far too long and made way too many appearances for our starting eleven, some are a bit debatable and on there because they cost a lot and havent exactly lit the world up but that list has a lot of average which stuck around and pretty much had a poor return in terms of resale value.

Some on the list we signed for very little, but the amount of these little sums add up and cpuld have contributed to a solid player with less risk.

Then add Henry, Cesc, Vieira, Cole, RVP, Sanchez to a list under the catergory of being our best players who we sold for pathetic fees.

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent
Its been like this for a long long time, every club has made poor signings over the years but we seem to hold onto these players far too long and pay them far too much;

Luzhny
Stepanovs
Edu
Jeffers
Van Bronckhorst
Inamoto
Richard Wright
Juan
Cygan
Shaaban
Reyes
Flamini
Djourou
Senderos
Eboue
Julio Baptista
Gallas
Denilson
Mart Poom
Fabianski
Coq
Silvestre
Arshavin
Mannone
Chamakh
Squillaci
Jenkinson
Oxlade Chamberlain
Gervinho
Benayoun
Per
Andre Santos
Miyaichi
Park Chu Young
Podolski
Sanogo
Kim Kallstrom
Joel Campbell
Welbeck
Gabriel
Xhaka (?)
Mustafi (?)
Perez

That is a list of players I personally think either stole a living at Arsenal, stayed far too long and made way too many appearances for our starting eleven, some are a bit debatable and on there because they cost a lot and havent exactly lit the world up but that list has a lot of average which stuck around and pretty much had a poor return in terms of resale value.

Some on the list we signed for very little, but the amount of these little sums add up and cpuld have contributed to a solid player with less risk.

Then add Henry, Cesc, Vieira, Cole, RVP, Sanchez to a list under the catergory of being our best players who we sold for pathetic fees.

I can't be the only one that feel the likes of edu (solid backup and fan fav in the invincible era), Per and luzhny look well out of place on that list? Plenty of dross on there though but you're always gonna get hit and misses with transfers and I'd imagine quite a few on there were signed at a very young age or coming off the back of decent seasons.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
I can't be the only one that feel the likes of edu (solid backup and fan fav in the invincible era), Per and luzhny look well out of place on that list? Plenty of dross on there though but you're always gonna get hit and misses with transfers and I'd imagine quite a few on there were signed at a very young age or coming off the back of decent seasons.

I said a few were debatable, Edu was a safe player I suppose, Oleg was a liability and Per has been ok for us but again he has been pretty bad for us at times as well.

Young age or whatever its a lot of players on small fees which total a lot of money spent over time which partly adds up to why we lack a transfer budget now.

It is also a lot of players who stayed at the club a long time which were difficult to shift and taking up wages.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba

Eboue was good too. He got shafted by Wenger being played as a CM and a couple of other incidents tarnished his rep but he was a quality back up overall for most of his Arsenal career.

Not even going to talk about how Özil shouldn’t be anywhere near that list

Kobi

I Know Who You Are
There is alot wrong with the list, it's difficult to know where to start.

Van Bronckhorst and Edu were streets ahead of any central midfielder we have now, both really good players, the fact that they weren't quite as good as Vieira and Petit/Gilberto doesn't make them "poor signings".
Reyes and Arshavin were both exceptional talents who lost their way mentally, Gallas was just an absolute lunatic.

Per was very good for a decent period of time despite being hopelessly misused (high line with no pressure on the ball and no midfield).

Alot of these were free or even loan signings, every club probably has a list of these.
Kleberson, Obertan, Bebe, Forlan, Djemba x2, Cruyff, Veron, Blanc, Taibi, Bosnich, Shaw, Schneiderlin, Fellaini off the top of my head and god only knows how many of these Sp**s have had over the years.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes

Luzhny
Stepanovs
Edu
Jeffers
Van Bronckhorst
Inamoto
Richard Wright
Juan
Cygan
Shaaban
Reyes
Flamini
Djourou
Senderos
Eboue
Julio Baptista
Gallas
Denilson
Mart Poom
Fabianski
Coq
Silvestre
Arshavin
Mannone
Chamakh
Squillaci
Jenkinson
Oxlade Chamberlain
Gervinho
Benayoun
Per
Andre Santos
Miyaichi
Park Chu Young
Podolski
Sanogo
Kim Kallstrom
Joel Campbell
Welbeck
Gabriel
Xhaka (?)
Mustafi (?)
Perez

Very questionable list

Flamini: came on a free, solid starter for years

Reyes: huge talent and did well here

Oxlade :made a profit on him, great squadie who could have been more if he stayed

Özil: world class

Arshavin: gave us a good year

Gallas: we Kinda needed him at that point

Poom, Rami cheap backups

Källström worth it for the penalty alone

Podolski who doesnt like Podolski ?

Senderos /djourou young signings doesnt count like that imo

Per although i have criticized him He has been a rock . That final performance makes him a legend .

Long time since i watched gio but only remember him fondly, likwise Edu

Xhaka and mustafi are given starters imo
They were hurting due to Wengers faults mostly , faults that are still lingering

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
They were hurting due to Wengers faults mostly , faults that are still lingering
I'm curious to hear what these lingering faults are. Surely you must know what they are to be so sure they only affect these players. I'd love for you to be right but I don;t see any manager getting anything more out of Mustafi. Xhaka I think may come good.

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent
I said a few were debatable, Edu was a safe player I suppose, Oleg was a liability and Per has been ok for us but again he has been pretty bad for us at times as well.

Young age or whatever its a lot of players on small fees which total a lot of money spent over time which partly adds up to why we lack a transfer budget now.

It is also a lot of players who stayed at the club a long time which were difficult to shift and taking up wages.

Problem is our finances were never strong enough to buy the ready made article for every position + backup so we always had to take a gamble here and there on a youngster or veteran on a free to flesh out the squad.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
I'm curious to hear what these lingering faults are. Surely you must know what they are to be so sure they only affect these players. I'd love for you to be right but I don;t see any manager getting anything more out of Mustafi. Xhaka I think may come good.

Lack of organisation

Left alone without support, no pass options, others being out of position

Sure Xhaka isnt the quickest but it wont be noticed if Torreira + someone else is there to
And his longrange and shots will come into play more

Same same for Mustafi but different. More organized team means less space and options for him .he can concentrate more on a simple task
Either way if the rest of the team is more organized even if mustafi does gamble and goes forward to head/tackle and misses we wont be as punished by it, and if he succeds all the better

Etc etc

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
Sorry for maybe asking something that already has been answered before, but there's quite some stuff to read and I am short in time..

Why does it make such a big difference as to whether Kroenke has his shares and Usmanov's which is basically almost the full pie, to just a bit more to get the full shares ?

He is going to control everything at the club for the long term no matter of a few more shares or not. What is the big problem right now, or the difference ?

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity

Luzhny
Stepanovs
Edu
Jeffers
Van Bronckhorst
Inamoto
Richard Wright
Juan
Cygan
Shaaban
Reyes
Flamini
Djourou
Senderos
Eboue
Julio Baptista
Gallas
Denilson
Mart Poom
Fabianski
Coq
Silvestre
Arshavin
Mannone
Chamakh
Squillaci
Jenkinson
Oxlade Chamberlain
Gervinho
Benayoun
Per
Andre Santos
Miyaichi
Park Chu Young
Podolski
Sanogo
Kim Kallstrom
Joel Campbell
Welbeck
Gabriel
Xhaka (?)
Mustafi (?)
Perez

Edu's a disgraceful shout, tbh. He walks into the current team.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
Very questionable list

Flamini: came on a free, solid starter for years

Reyes: huge talent and did well here

Oxlade :made a profit on him, great squadie who could have been more if he stayed

Özil: world class

Arshavin: gave us a good year

Gallas: we Kinda needed him at that point

Poom, Rami cheap backups

Källström worth it for the penalty alone

Podolski who doesnt like Podolski ?

Senderos /djourou young signings doesnt count like that imo

Per although i have criticized him He has been a rock . That final performance makes him a legend .

Long time since i watched gio but only remember him fondly, likwise Edu

Flamini: fair enough, I thought his second stint wasnt great and he hung around too long and got far too much minutes.

Reyes: very inconsistent and the return we got from him in terms of a fee wasnt great.

Oxlade: stand corrected

Arshavin: a year isnt good enough in my opinion when he was here for 4.

Gallas: was forced upon us and was possibly one of the most annoying players we have ever signed, huge baby, some of his performances werent too bad but he pretty much jacked it in when he had enough.

Kallstrom: poor signing

Senderos/Djourou: both here too long and given too much 'faith'.

Per: the whole of AM has bashed him, had a great final now hes a legend of the club

Podolski: very inconsistent, great guy but 100k and wasnt very effective.

Xhaka/Mustafi: agree, definitely still have time.

Fair play to you for actually making points and giving your opinion, makes for a better discussion then the commenters who just take swipes and dont add anything :lol:

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
Eboue was good too. He got shafted by Wenger being played as a CM and a couple of other incidents tarnished his rep but he was a quality back up overall for most of his Arsenal career.

Not even going to talk about how Özil shouldn’t be anywhere near that list

Eboue, my memory of Eboue must not be the same as he was extremely inconsistent and at times became a bit of a joke at this club.

Özil cost a lot, earns a lot and in my opinion is currently not a great return, even transfer fee aside I feel his reported 350k is wasteful.

Top Bottom