• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

$tan Kroenke Becomes Soul Owner

scytheavatar

Established Member
Its probably more important we have a strong supporters trust even if its just stakeholders now.

And AST is absolutely not that "strong supporters trust". I am not sure if AST represents me any better than AFTV does, AST is relevant only when they’re complaining about something and behaving like asshats in the AGMs. What's the difference between Tim Payon and DT anyway?

Tony's nose

Dunno what your all moaning about ?
We were not really challenging the last few seasons and we shall continue along this route .

Rain Dance

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
No there is no need for them and their nose has been point out of joint, so when you see stories about “AST analysis of accounts” with dubious figures take them with a massive pinch of salt. The AST now exists solely to discredit Kroenke.
Even without the discredit part, what's the need for AST for a sole owner? He already has internal meetings

Its probably more important we have a strong supporters trust even if its just stakeholders now.
I don't think supporter trust matter at all in a business point of view. Just need the team to win something or at least perform well.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Can’t say I’m hugely encouraged by that interview given by Sanllehi and Venkatesham. The stuff about self-sustaining model, fan engagement and ambitions to win the PL/CL is literally stuff we’ve heard before. Could’ve been Gazidis saying it. Then when asked who has final say Sanllehi replies they’ll just work it out as they go along. Is that really gonna work? Two people will inevitably disagree at some point, organisations need a final decision maker and it appears we don’t have one.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Self sustaining model vs 3 clubs with limitless funds and another who spend vasts amount of money. We will be battling for 5th if we don't overperform.

Basically our budget will be 70 million every season. The same amount City spend on one player. But yeah we can compete.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Self sustaining model vs 3 clubs with limitless funds and another who spend vasts amount of money. We will be battling for 5th if we don't overperform.

Basically our budget will be 70 million every season. The same amount City spend on one player. But yeah we can compete.
There are other ways to compete, not just spending race. Dortmund is a prime example of how our model should look like, and on top of that we can afford one big name every season. More Sancho's and less Elneny's, give game time to the kids that have high potential instead of giving it to players that are experienced with very limited potential. I think our current scouting team is going into right direction with that.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
There are other ways to compete, not just spending race. Dortmund is a prime example of how our model should look like, and on top of that we can afford one big name every season. More Sancho's and less Elneny's, give game time to the kids that have high potential instead of giving it to players that are experienced with very limited potential. I think our current scouting team is going into right direction with that.

I don't have an issue with the strategy. I just don't believe we will reinvest all of our earnings into the squad.

Adidas deal, premier league money, champions league qualification, Europa league winners money. Imagine that's how our season goes. How much money is that in total? I don't think it even matters. We will still be told the budget is 70 million. I'm being cynical, but I really hope they do things differently.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Adidas deal, premier league money, champions league qualification, Europa league winners money. Imagine that's how our season goes. How much money is that in total? I don't think it even matters. We will still be told the budget is 70 million.
That is what the board is talking about, sustainable model. You invest 70mil on one big name, put something to the bank reserves, invest in infrastructure and youth, and renegotiate important contracts. Elite kids from the age of 16-18 are 10+ millions, if we can add 1-2 every year that would be great.
We just need to repair damage done by Wenger and Gazidis in recent years and we'll be good with this model. Just look at our youth potential, we could add next year 3 players from u23, we already bought Guenduzi and Torreira who are both young, and 70mil for one big player (preferably early 20's) would be a dream. That's smart model and I'm looking forward to it.

Tony's nose

As a football fan of one of the biggest clubs in the world i dont really want to hear that same song of sustainable model. Football fans are a fickle bunch and ultimately want to brag about winning trophies and big signings inthe summer.

If you are not winning then eventually your fanbase will stagnate,over receng years more and more chelsea fans and city fans have suddenly appeared, cant say that about Arsenal unfortunately.

In the real world of fan football probably 80% of Arsenal fans will be rolling their eyes and sighing at hearing same old same old from the club.

So 4th or 5tn it is then business as usual new faces reading same script in reality

samshere

Why so serieuse?
A self sustaining model is fine as long we're operating at a higher level than we are at the moment. I mean we could say all of Liverpool, Man Utd, Chelsea are operating self sustaining models and they're doing fine. Just a little impetus is needed to push us back to their levels. Man Utd achieved it through commercial deals facilitated by SAF era success, Liverpool used their Coutinho windfall wisely and Chelsea are using the loan system/youth development model to their advantage. If we could get one young player every year we could easily reach that level without any external help.
But I hope that the club hierarchy are sanguine enough to realise that in case we're stuck in a rut they'll need to bail us out with some investment. This season we're on track for top four and provided we make it 70million should be enough for us, but if we don't they should allow a one time dip into our reserves so that we don't remain stuck at this level.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Self-sustaining business model is very admirable. But you know what, it was also admirable ten years ago when Wenger was preaching it. Wenger tried to do things the right way, and what was his reward for it? It couldn’t ultimately defeat the oil money, the press gave no credit for it and the fans lost patience.

You can point to Dortmund as an example and fair enough, but last time I checked Bayern are the ones winning that league every year. Of course if the club is very clever in the market and gets a bit of luck along the way, it could win a title. But it would be the exception, not the rule.

We’re living in the age of Man City. They’re the ones dictating things, not us. Their money can buy more silverware than ours can, and it turns out no one really cares about doing things the right way as long as you’re successful. So a betting man would say we’ll probably continue to fight for top 4, the best we can hope for is to stop being so f*cking meek, roll up our sleeves and remember who we are and what our name is. Our name is our biggest asset, it’s the one thing we have which City don’t and it’s our best chance of competing given our self-imposed disadvantages.

scytheavatar

Established Member
Self-sustaining business model is very admirable. But you know what, it was also admirable ten years ago when Wenger was preaching it. Wenger tried to do things the right way, and what was his reward for it? It couldn’t ultimately defeat the oil money, the press gave no credit for it and the fans lost patience.

Fans lost patience not because Wenger couldn't defeat the oil money. They lost patience because he can't even defeat Sp**s and Liverpool. Clubs that follow the "self-sustaining business model"...........

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
The next time we win the league (if ever) it will be a bigger shock than when Leicester won it.

Regardless of how good our manager is, was or will be the self-sustaining model as interpreted by the Kronkites will take us to the bottom half of the table. They do not understand soccer. They do not understand franchise-free sports.

Aevi

Hale End FC
Most of Kroenke's other sports teams; the LA Rams, Denver Nuggets, and Colorado Avalanche; are doing very well this year. American sports function differently from football but surely there are some positives to take from that.

berric

Established Member

Player:Trossard
Most of Kroenke's other sports teams; the LA Rams, Denver Nuggets, and Colorado Avalanche; are doing very well this year. American sports function differently from football but surely there are some positives to take from that.

Recently I came across this article about Josh Kroenke being completely opposite than his dad in terms of involvement in sports things of his ventures. They are talking about Nuggets here but there were reports Josh was coming to London to learn about the club here too. He seems to be more into the game part of the sport than Stan.

I'm not saying we are in good hands tho.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
Yes, slaves were always eager to find good in their master.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom