• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Standards

GoonerJay24

This sort of thinking is why we’re in the **** we’re in. Papering over cracks by winning the FA Cup. A good deal that’s done us.

Utd most likely will win the Europa this year and will be challenging for the league next year.

While we will be scrapping it out to finish in the top half of the table again. You’re happy with that I take it?
How many years have United been predicted to title challenge?

It makes no sense that people expect United to have success and not us when they struggle to reach finals let alone win silverware.

RacingPhoton

Established Member
This sort of thinking is why we’re in the **** we’re in. Papering over cracks by winning the FA Cup. A good deal that’s done us.

Utd most likely will win the Europa this year and will be challenging for the league next year.

While we will be scrapping it out to finish in the top half of the table again. You’re happy with that I take it?
True that. At this point, I don't give a damn if we win anymore FA cups. These wins have been used as excuses to cover up how badly our squad has regressed over time.

GoonerJay24

True that. At this point, I don't give a damn if we win anymore FA cups. These wins have been used as excuses to cover up how badly our squad has regressed over time.
Footballs all about winning trophies, if you don't care I doubt your a proper supporter.

My opinion is the squad is capable of a top six position and top four challenge but the manager at this stage of his career is inept.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Can't believe Bellerin actually said that, ffs...wish we could just ban all our players from talking to the press, they always make us look like ****s when they do.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
The issue is and always was with the Kroenke family. Their lack of interest in the wellbeing of Arsenal Football Club, finds its way right into the first team dressing room.

At Chelsea you would never see Roman letting the club remain rubbish for too long, and that finds its way down into the dressing room.

That is how Arsenal was and how Arsenal must be again. KroenkeOUT.

SA Gunner

Footballs all about winning trophies, if you don't care I doubt your a proper supporter.

My opinion is the squad is capable of a top six position and top four challenge but the manager at this stage of his career is inept.

Was just going to respond to this well, but you have said it beautifully.

You NEVER pass up an opportunity to add to your trophy cabinet, to add to the glory of our club.

RacingPhoton

Established Member

Would you be happy with winning FA cups every alternate years if the management shows that as evidence of good performance while we finish mid table every year?

RacingPhoton

Established Member
Bellerin is such a loser man, the guy doesn't care about football he just wants to be an influencer.
I think our entire squad has reached a state of acceptance that we are a mid table club. All we have are a bunch of influencers and divas. We should kick all the tossers out of the club.

SA Gunner

Would you be happy with winning FA cups every alternate years if the management shows that as evidence of good performance while we finish mid table every year?

Look, with the Kroenke family you have a situation where an FA Cup every odd season would be a sign of "good performance".

And that's the problem actually, you should have a leadership structure in place that knows that the FA Cup is not enough, and instead of the club not winning anything to make the owners aware that something is up... the owners should be bought out because they arent up to it.

I too wanted us to lose out on prizes to send some message to the ownership, but its akin to cutting off our nose to spite our face. Not wise.

Ek, if he is serious, must up his game... or someone must come in and get these absent owners out of our ****ing club.

GoonerJay24

We came 8th last season because Emery didn't have the character to motivate the players.

This season Arteta is coach but unfortunately lacks experience to get the best out of these guys. I personally think although Emery wasn't a great fit for our club, the management should've stuck up for him as he had the capabilities to lead us to champions League football in my opinion. In the last couple of years the standard of the Premier League hasn't even been great; Man Utd are second FFS and last season the fourth place team finished with 65 points.

RacingPhoton

Established Member
Look, with the KroenkeOut 🛩️ family you have a situation where an FA Cup every odd season would be a sign of "good performance".

And that's the problem actually, you should have a leadership structure in place that knows that the FA Cup is not enough, and instead of the club not winning anything to make the owners aware that something is up... the owners should be bought out because they arent up to it.

I too wanted us to lose out on prizes to send some message to the ownership, but its akin to cutting off our nose to spite our face. Not wise.

Ek, if he is serious, must up his game... or someone must come in and get these absent owners out of our ****ing club.
We came 8th last season because Emery didn't have the character to motivate the players.

This season Arteta is coach but unfortunately lacks experience to get the best out of these guys. I personally think although Emery wasn't a great fit for our club, the management should've stuck up for him as he had the capabilities to lead us to champions League football in my opinion. In the last couple of years the standard of the Premier League hasn't even been great; Man Utd are second FFS and last season the fourth place team finished with 65 points.
I do enjoy when we win trophies and support the team no matter what. I do believe that root cause of the problem is ownership. Motivation should come from the top. But we have a situation where not a single person who represents the club gives a damn. A new regime has a big task at hand. Everyone from the management to players are here just for fun and frolics. They all seem to be happy with being mid-table.

The original discussion was about comparing us with Manchester United. In the current state, they are clearly doing much better than us. Showing an FA cup win as proof that we are performing better than them is a lame excuse.

GoonerJay24

I do enjoy when we win trophies and support the team no matter what. I do believe that root cause of the problem is ownership. Motivation should come from the top. But we have a situation where not a single person who represents the club gives a damn. A new regime has a big task at hand. Everyone from the management to players are here just for fun and frolics. They all seem to be happy with being mid-table.

The original discussion was about comparing us with Manchester United. In the current state, they are clearly doing much better than us. Showing an FA cup win as proof that we are performing better than them is a lame excuse.
I never said Man Utd aren't doing better than us because that's clearly been the case as this seasons progressed.

What I'm actually saying if you care to read, is at the start of this season there was no reason for the press to predict success for United and not for Arsenal. They had a lowest 3rd place finish in EPL history, they struggle to get past the semi-final stage and have generally overspent but underachieved; such performance should be mocked by the English media. But for some reason it's not, why is this the case?

We on the other hand, operate on a self-sustaining model, had sacked Emery which caused some upheaval and despite the problems managed to win two cups. Despite finishing below 5th for the first time in 23 years, why wouldn't we be taken seriously?

Thus it's my opinion that the footballing media in this country do this deliberately.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Totally agree but those players are rare now. Back then all the top teams had squads of elite mentality players. Not just utd, chelsea, arsenal but all the top european sides. Now in the modern game they are so rare, thats why you usually get 1 or maybe 2 a team. Even a team like barca, aside from messi then who is that standout elite mentality. It was only 8 years ago barca had 11 on the pitch every week.

Maybe alexis was our last one, insane mentality.

Maybe partey is the answer, if not then i dont know where we find it.
Partey is most definately not the answer to instilling that fight and making others accountable. Anyone who runs off in a North London Derby clearly lacks something mentally.

Top Bottom