• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Stephan Lichsteiner Leaves!

Status
Not open for further replies.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
I've only ever had negative things to say about this guy. Free is only good if they offer something, he looks like Lee Evans but fails to make me smile.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
“We got him for free and I still feel robbed..”

Brought in for experienced cover, turns out he’s not even good enough for that. I think it might’ve been his second game, I mentioned during a match day thread how rubbish he looked. One or two jumped down my throat giving it the old “give him time!!”

Give him time?! He’s 33! Unforgivable negligence for Mane’s goal. He doesn’t look at Salah ONCE! Criminal for somebody with his experience. His clearance for Firmino’s first goal was shambolic too.

How long does he have on his contract? I can’t see him lasting two years.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Thought he'd take Bellerin's spot tbf. I was very wrong.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?

Brought in for experienced cover, turns out he’s not even good enough for that. I think it might’ve been his second game, I mentioned during a match day thread how rubbish he looked. One or two jumped down my throat giving it the old “give him time!!”

Give him time?! He’s 33! Unforgivable negligence for Mane’s goal. He doesn’t look at Salah ONCE! Criminal for somebody with his experience. His clearance for Firmino’s first goal was shambolic too.

Actually he will be 35 in a few weeks. His contract should be over next summer and I think he earns 75k/week. Would rather give that money to charities.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On

He was just unlucky on the 1st goal, main culprit was Torreira being a complete ghost against Firmino and letting him run towards our defence. Same happened in the 2nd, where Torreira was dispossessed and let Firmino have a free take on our defence. On another occasion earlier Mane ghosted past him as well, but don't think it amounted to anything. For how much praise he's got making us defensively better, he sure as hell wasn't doing anything to show it yesterday.

3rd goal, yeah Lichtensteiner was at fault. An experienced guy would know the offside rules, you'd think.

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent
Actually he will be 35 in a few weeks. His contract should be over next summer and I think he earns 75k/week. Would rather give that money to charities.

I think his deal is one year with the option of extending it for another. I'll be massively surprised if we trigger that. Then again, with the state of our finances I probably wouldn't be.

HBL

Established Member
Ironically I thought he started the game too badly. Him and AMN linked up quite well. Don't think he was at fault for the first goal, it was just a huge slice of luck for Pool. After that they just targeted our full backs and they weren't exactly getting much help from the cb's, who were probably our worst players on the day.

He is poor but he was definitely more exposed yesterday than he should've been.

scytheavatar

Established Member
Ironically I thought he started the game too badly. Him and AMN linked up quite well. Don't think he was at fault for the first goal, it was just a huge slice of luck for Pool. After that they just targeted our full backs and they weren't exactly getting much help from the cb's, who were probably our worst players on the day.

He is poor but he was definitely more exposed yesterday than he should've been.

The problem with Lichsteiner goes beyond his defending. The moment he gets the ball I knew he's going to give away possession. He's simply past it in every single manner, but apparently fans still want him because they want a thug to shout at our opponents.

HBL

Established Member
The problem with Lichsteiner goes beyond his defending. The moment he gets the ball I knew he's going to give away possession. He's simply past it in every single manner, but apparently fans still want him because they want a thug to shout at our opponents.
I don't think anyone wants him as a regular starter. We aren't in a position where we can have two £30m+ fullbacks like City, the reality is we're probably going to always have a few average players in our squad.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
but apparently fans still want him because they want a thug to shout at our opponents.

The shouting / being a prick not even productive as its always on 100.

Ramos is so good as he picks & chooses when to yell at a teammate / intimidate the opposition / influence the ref / tackle aggressively... not 24/7.

juice man

Can't make his mind up
The shouting / being a prick not even productive as its always on 100.

Ramos is so good as he picks & chooses when to yell at a teammate / intimidate the opposition / influence the ref / tackle aggressively... not 24/7.
Seemingly his only function on the pitch is to bollock other players and the ref, which he doesn’t even do well considering he’s wrong most of the time - i.e., blaming other players for his mistakes, complaining about fouls that were obviously correctly given, etc...

I thought he would be a solid backup and even push Bellerin for the starting RB role. Can’t believe how poor he’s been.

pikey2000

Yeh I thought he would be better but he spends way too much time being a **** and complaining about every challenge, sure our team needed some of that as we were way to quiet but he does it way to often, he's also a lot worse defensively than I thought he would be, thought Bellerin would be our offensive option and Lich defensive but simple fact is he is spending too much time being a **** to be effective, needs to get back to basics and we need the next gen to come through - which doesnt mean playing AMN out of position!

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
He feels so slow that Namek blowing up in Dragon Ball is somewhat faster.and that took 15 episodes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom