• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Stephan Lichsteiner Leaves!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GunnerBP

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I wonder how much of Licht's bad form is based on conditioning. Lots of players have a hard time adjusting to the pace of the EPL during their first season.

He might have needed half a season under his belt to get his body ready to compete at this level.

thierrytheking14

I wonder how much of Licht's bad form is based on conditioning. Lots of players have a hard time adjusting to the pace of the EPL during their first season.

He might have needed half a season under his belt to get his body ready to compete at this level.
Was thinking that too. But then I thought more along the lines of, hes a 35yo fullback whos playing in a high intensity league in a system that revolves around full backs getting up and down the pitch so often. I just don't think his body has it anymore.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Yeah you're asking a lot to get a 35 year old to improve conditioning to PL FB level, especially when he's not even playing regularly.

We should buy a young fullback to compete with Bellerin. If he's good and gets frustrated you sell for profit. Getting old back ups is a rubbish strategy

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Thank God we only gave him a year. I feel my anger rising every time he gets the ball. Great that he prevented us going 2-0 down on agg (best thing he's ever done in an Arsenal shirt) but we need a young RB to push Bellerin, have done for a while now and we need to sort it in the summer.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
Lich was excellent again in the first half. It's a shame about the injury, we are going to be trouble if he is out for long.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
Great news to hear that Lich us in talks to sign a contract extension. Lich got into very good form just before he got.

With AMN, Lich an Jenko are RB position will be sorted

Last edited:

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

Seems like the club is still bankrupt if they're trying to extend Lichts contract of all people.

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent
Why would he be in talks when the club has the option of triggering the option for a further year? He'll hardly be in demand. Unless we're saying to him sign here on reduced terms otherwise you're gone this summer?

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
No benefit in extending his contract. We need somebody to push Bellerin and Licht doesn't seem capable of that anymore.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
The only chance he gets extended is if the club decide AMN will play at RB permanently and be Bellerin’s backup. In that scenario they don’t go out and sign someone to back up Bellerin and they’ll probably keep Lichtsteiner as cover until Bellerin comes back.

Taneruit

Established Member

Player:Zinchenko
Great news to hear that Lich us in talks to sign a contract extension. Lich got into very good form just before he got.

With AMN, Lich an Jenko are RB position will be sorted

He really needs to retire, but not surprised. Dude's got a head thicker than a brick wall. Always has. I don't know honestly. Sell him for his own sake, before he really breaks his body?

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
Solid game. Just not good enough. Worth a gamble on a free but let's get a young talent in to cover for Hector/Ainsley.

Let's change the title ending this summer to 'signs out'.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom