• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Stephan Lichsteiner Leaves!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
Lichsteiner is a real leader, can't complain at that one at all. Fantastic signing.

I don't get anyone who's against that transfer.

1) Arsenal has been in need of a proper RB backup for ages
2) We have a young, promising RB in Bellerin, so no sense in splashing 15 to 20 on some french kid to rot on the bench (if you think you'd get them cheaper, look at the market and what Leipzig are about to pay for a virtually unknown)
3) Besides coaching and confidence, Bellerin seriously needs instant competition. Lichtsteiner will make sure he has.
4) The defence needs experience, and also Bellerin can only profit from an older guy who can certainly teach him one or two things
5) The guy has been a regular in a serial winning team, Juve
6) He's used to working with a tactically astute manager, Allegri
7) You could see in the CL that he's still top fit
8) He can cross the ball
9) He's free, so we're not reaching too deep into the transfer pot

billyf

I don't know what to expect of this signing. He used to be among the top-5 RBs in the world at his prime. At the moment I don't know how fit he is, I just hope he can give us at least one good season.

Lidl_Reed

Wants a new name
Very positive first signing.

A bit older than our usual signings, but he's an actual leader, not like that **** tree brained tree elbowed, buck toothed, afro headed, foul machine Fellaini, not that I hate him or anything.

Good crosser, good defensively, Bellerin should be worried.

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
Apparently we're getting the swiss Sagna. A rock defensively who will run all day long, but offensively he's at most decent because Juve fans say he's got roughly the same problems Bellerin has. Can't cross or beat his man with a dribble, which can make him predictable going forward.
Lichtsteiner seems to be quite the troll on the pitch as well.
There was also this at one point. The guy can be a bully when he wants to. :lol:
tumblr_mrmrafF5wP1qevds0o1_400.gif

I wouldn't say we have the RB side sorted in any way, but at least this guy is good when we need to defend, which is what we're sorely lacking.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
I don't get anyone who's against that transfer.

1) Arsenal has been in need of a proper RB backup for ages
2) We have a young, promising RB in Bellerin, so no sense in splashing 15 to 20 on some french kid to rot on the bench (if you think you'd get them cheaper, look at the market and what Leipzig are about to pay for a virtually unknown)
3) Besides coaching and confidence, Bellerin seriously needs instant competition. Lichtsteiner will make sure he has.
4) The defence needs experience, and also Bellerin can only profit from an older guy who can certainly teach him one or two things
5) The guy has been a regular in a serial winning team, Juve
6) He's used to working with a tactically astute manager, Allegri
7) You could see in the CL that he's still top fit
8) He can cross the ball
9) He's free, so we're not reaching too deep into the transfer pot
There are a lot of positives in this signing. Hope that he can adapt to the pace and physicality of the PL.

Lidl_Reed

Wants a new name
Apparently we're getting the swiss Sagna. A rock defensively who will run all day long, but offensively he's at most decent because Juve fans say he's got roughly the same problems Bellerin has. Can't cross or beat his man with a dribble, which can make him predictable going forward.
Lichtsteiner seems to be quite the troll on the pitch as well.
There was also this at one point. The guy can be a bully when he wants to. :lol:
tumblr_mrmrafF5wP1qevds0o1_400.gif

I wouldn't say we have the RB side sorted in any way, but at least this guy is good when we need to defend, which is what we're sorely lacking.
I think the biggest shock for him will be the change in refereeing standards. At Juve, they got everything, at Arsenal, he'll get nothing. This is not paranoia about refs being against us, but it's pretty much proven that Juve gets everything in Italy.

Still, the last person to come from Juventus to a London club won the title in the first year after a switch to a back three. Emery, you know what to do.

say yes

forum master baiter
My favourite thing about this transfer (and the Sokratis one) is that it looks like our club actually has a plan in the transfer market for a change.

Marks a huge change from the last decade of Wenger where we’d fanny around doing nothing all summer before seeing who we could snag on the cheap on August-31st.

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
I think the biggest shock for him will be the change in refereeing standards. At Juve, they got everything, at Arsenal, he'll get nothing. This is not paranoia about refs being against us, but it's pretty much proven that Juve gets everything in Italy.
Yeah, I can agree with that. He's quite vocal against players and refs, so he might get yellows just for arguing and I'm not sure how he'll adapt to the pace in the PL, even if he still runs his lungs out, because he's not as fast as he used to be a few years ago.

Lidl_Reed

Wants a new name
Yeah, I can agree with that. He's quite vocal against players and refs, so he might get yellows just for arguing and I'm not sure how he'll adapt to the pace in the PL, even if he still runs his lungs out, because he's not as fast as he used to be a few years ago.
Good Positioning is the real difference, tbh. Look at how often Bellerin is caught out badly or rinsed down his side, compared to Sagna, who was hardly anywhere near that quick

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Great signing! As Emery said, he will be a great addition on and off the pitch. I hope he helps to turn some of our boys into men!

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
Good Positioning is the real difference, tbh. Look at how often Bellerin is caught out badly or rinsed down his side, compared to Sagna, who was hardly anywhere near that quick
True. Older players make up with positioning what they lack in pace, but I'm talking about going toe to toe with a speed merchant, who will probably leave him out to dry.

Lidl_Reed

Wants a new name
True. Older players make up with positioning what they lack in pace, but I'm talking about going toe to toe with a speed merchant, who will probably leave him out to dry.
Well, Bellerin's usually not even in the frame at that point, so I'll take him for now

Imagine how good Bellerin will be at Barcelona in 2 years after two years playing alongside him

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
A 34 year old Zlatan Ibrahimovich couldn't last in the PL, but we expect a 34 year old right back to do well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom