• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Stephan Lichsteiner Leaves!

Status
Not open for further replies.

goonerwarsh

Established Member
I get the apprehension with signings like this, I can understand the leadership, and experience qualities and also I’m too a bit wtf? I don’t like this penny pinching approach what with the challenge we face ahead of us and the competition, but this is where we are right now as a club. We’re really in a bit of a mess.

We’re taking a whole leap of faith here, it’s basically a whole new operation. I think we have to just trust in the new regime and try and embrace what’s going on. Let’s hope this guy can still perform at a high level, if he can then this is a really sensible and could be valuable signing.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
I get the apprehension with signings like this, I can understand the leadership, and experience qualities and also I’m too a bit wtf? I don’t like this penny pinching approach what with the challenge we face ahead of us and the competition, but this is where we are right now as a club. We’re really in a bit of a mess.

We’re taking a whole leap of faith here, it’s basically a whole new operation. I think we have to just trust in the new regime and try and embrace what’s going on. Let’s hope this guy can still perform at a high level, if he can then this is a really sensible and could be valuable signing.
These are not expensive gambles so no problem with that. If you pay £130 million for a player you know you're asking for it.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Cech literally cost us his first game in the PL for us. :lol:

I don't care about experience or leadership, if you're past it you're past it. Let's hope this isn't the case with Lichy.

Did he?

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

I must be seriously misremembering things if Cech's first season here counts as outstanding..

It was incredibly underwhelming, he had some decent moments and made some good saves at times but he was nowhere near the commanding figure he once was.

TromsoGooner

Obsessed With Looking for Eric
It was incredibly underwhelming, he had some decent moments and made some good saves at times but he was nowhere near the commanding figure he once was.
I remember the first game well. Was very excited to finally to see a top class goalie.Kouyate headed in the first after Cech missed and then he let in a tame shot from Lanzini.

His first season was not that good. I might be wrong but wasn`t his second season here his best one?

ThlRama

Player:Saka

Let's just admit he was bad. Last season, even worse. The few good saves here and there haven't been enough to make up for the obscene mistakes he has been making. He has literally been the anti-De Gea in costing the team an unbelievable amount of points.

Drebin

This is actually a really good signing. Fixing our fullback positions was never a priority. Therefore getting an experienced back up RB on the cheap is great business and won't hinder us spending the money where it is actually necessary.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom