• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Stephan Lichsteiner Leaves!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

'made up' by those who watched him in the recent game against Spain - perhaps you missed it

Read what Juve fans say about him, it's being over stated because he's put in some good crosses in a couple of games and a good cross against Madrid. I'm not saying it's bad btw, just weird it keeps getting mentioned. Must be because we are so used to seeing Bellerin's :p

Lidl_Reed

Wants a new name
Read what Juve fans say about him, it's being over stated because he's put in some good crosses in a couple of games and a good cross against Madrid. I'm not saying it's bad btw, just weird it keeps getting mentioned. Must be because we are so used to seeing Bellerin's :p
Probably because for our own Bellerin, I can only say he put in a few good crosses against Madrid in the first leg

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

WTF? Juve fans said he improved his crossing last season, so we got another RB with dodgy crossing.
I thought he was better in that department, although even if he's sh*t, he still can't be worse than Bellerin at it.
Crossing is a low percentage method of scoring, cutbacks are where it's at and tbh we only reverted to crossing whenever we were up against a decent defence, it's like our team and manager were clueless. Hopefully it's something Emery works on with the squad.

As for Lich I hope this is the beginning of smart, proactive transfer windows from us, I can't be 100% sure that Wenger would have addressed the Bellerin issue.

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent
Not one to get overly excited about but a does exactly what it says on the tin type.

Hopefully get a couple of years out of him by which time a young understudy to Bellerin should be emerging.

Welcome Steiner

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Good signing on a free. A player who has a winning mentality and a does what it takes attitude to win the game. Makes a change from the usual signings who don't use the dark arts.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
A 34 year old Zlatan Ibrahimovich couldn't last in the PL, but we expect a 34 year old right back to do well.

Not really comparable. Both depend on athleticism, but Zlatan was going up against far more physical competition as CF than Lichtsteiner will as RB.

I also think Zlatan has been slightly overrated towards the end of his career due to him bulldozing Ligue 1 without resurgent Marseille, Lyon and Monaco. Although he still looks the same with his 1.95m, I think he had already lost a bit of pace, burst and physicality, relying more on his footballing abilities and technique.

And still, it's not like he was a complete failure. In 16/17, his only full season with Utd, he scored 28 and assisted 10 in 48 games. That't certainly not bad at all for a 35 year old on the down. What ended his European career was the horrible knee injury, not the hardships of the PL. And looking at Lichtsteiner in the CL I don't see any athletic problems with him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom