• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Stephan Lichsteiner Leaves!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Song Billong

images

Looks like Hleb's long lost brother

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out
It could be seen as an act of provocation but Serbian FA president is being investigated too.

Doesn't look like these guys feel very Swiss to be honest. Passport of convenience.
And you know this how?
If you get taunted endlessly by the Serbian fans then it’s all fair play imo.
Also it was just a symbol of the Albanian flag not a nazi salute lol. If the Serbs get so triggered by an Albanian flag symbol then that’s a problem they need to deal with, not FIFA

Song Billong

I seriously don't get why anyone on Earth would be provoked by Albanian flag? Historically it never harmed anyone. It is symbol of freedom and justice. It is others that have issues with it and fear it because they fear the justice.

Let's not make this a Balkan thread now.

Because people are entitled and precious these days

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

It could be seen as an act of provocation but Serbian FA president is being investigated too.

Doesn't look like these guys feel very Swiss to be honest. Passport of convenience.

Meh 1/2 of Switzerland is a passport of convenience :lol:. Just the way it's always been . Honestly it's a storm in a tea cup . Anyways Lichsteiner did it too .

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
No, it's not a fair provocation. Neither is it a fair provocation for Swiss players to offer Albanian-inspired taunts to Serbian fans.

Reactions: FEH

Stannis

Its an odd move from the Swiss captain.

Guy on the radio was saying it has not gone down well there either. Representing a very diverse country... including Serbs.

1504167099_gr-f-01.05.01.01nat-computed_thumbnail.jpg

been reading some articles that the younger generations of Swiss that have grown up with Bosnian/Albanian/Muslim refugees from the Balkans are far more sympathetic to that cause as compared to the older ones.

Guessing Stephan is in that camp. He doesn't strike me as an idiot, he would know the context.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
I forgot Mustafi is Albanian as well
36177411_1834219903306265_5431294657587838976_n.jpg

Not really offended or even that bothered but I do find it a bit weird as to why you would do the Albanian flag thing when sitting there in a full Germany kit having just one the world cup FOR Germany?

I must be missing something as I really dont get it, I assume he is 'reppin' Albania there but if I was Albanian I would be wondering why your bothering as you havent won the world cup for them, just rubbing it in their faces that he chose to win it with someone else instead of them? Does doing the flag somehow make Albanians feel apart of the world cup win?

Enlighten me please..?

ThlRama

Player:Saka
Not really offended or even that bothered but I do find it a bit weird as to why you would do the Albanian flag thing when sitting there in a full Germany kit having just one the world cup FOR Germany?

I must be missing something as I really dont get it, I assume he is 'reppin' Albania there but if I was Albanian I would be wondering why your bothering as you havent won the world cup for them, just rubbing it in their faces that he chose to win it with someone else instead of them? Does doing the flag somehow make Albanians feel apart of the world cup win?

Enlighten me please..?

These are the "Open Society morals and ethics," mate. When money and reputation are the reward, you sell yourself to the hottest daddy. When money isn't at stake, you are what you want to be, let's say Albanian if that makes your friends and family love you more. The daddy doesn't care, as long as you are a good employee ready to sacrifice everything to do what he asks of you. He wants allegiance in practice, symbols and badges don't matter to him. They are a "private" matter.

Kind of like Lukaku: He is very proud of his heritage and how he worked hard to get out of poverty. Yeah, sure. But he happily plays for Belgium, and the Belgians slaughtered his ancestors, and made slaves of them, and then took them in Belgium as a cheap workforce. They basically made Lukaku a nobody in a foreign land, a situation he had/wanted to get out of. Where's the pride in playing for that badge? Oh, right, Belgium is a cool national team, they are guaranteed to be in the spotlight, thus he will earn more, he will be more popular, etc. Full-0n vanity by status-seeking losers, but that's just me. I'm all for loyalty and allegiance to the very death, but in a neoliberal capitalist world a horrible death it certainly is for those who don't want to sell their soul to the Devil.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Kind of like Lukaku: He is very proud of his heritage and how he worked hard to get out of poverty. Yeah, sure. But he happily plays for Belgium, and the Belgians slaughtered his ancestors, and made slaves of them, and then took them in Belgium as a cheap workforce. They basically made Lukaku a nobody in a foreign land, a situation he had/wanted to get out of. Where's the pride in playing for that badge? Oh, right, Belgium is a cool national team, they are guaranteed to be in the spotlight, thus he will earn more, he will be more popular, etc. Full-0n vanity by status-seeking losers, but that's just me. I'm all for loyalty and allegiance to the very death, but in a neoliberal capitalist world a horrible death it certainly is for those who don't want to sell their soul to the Devil.

Actually, Lukaku was born in Antwerp. His father was a professional football player who had a long career in Belgium.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

These are the "Open Society morals and ethics," mate. When money and reputation are the reward, you sell yourself to the hottest daddy. When money isn't at stake, you are what you want to be, let's say Albanian if that makes your friends and family love you more. The daddy doesn't care, as long as you are a good employee ready to sacrifice everything to do what he asks of you. He wants allegiance in practice, symbols and badges don't matter to him. They are a "private" matter.

No mate a lot left because of persecution and fearing for their lives .

BaZZe

Always Blaming Refs

That was a nice gesture of solidarity from Stephan and Xhaka will be his new teammate as well. Respect him for that.

The Serbian crowd were chanting "Kill Albanians" and had genocidal war crimminals plastered on them. They deserved every bit of that and some more.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
been reading some articles that the younger generations of Swiss that have grown up with Bosnian/Albanian/Muslim refugees from the Balkans are far more sympathetic to that cause as compared to the older ones.

Guessing Stephan is in that camp. He doesn't strike me as an idiot, he would know the context.

I grew up with and am friends with a few people of Balkan heritage

During a tournament we played a team called serbia Stockholm or something

(pretty common for Sports teams in my country to have Grow from immigrant social clubs ) there are even a few in our highests football divisions they are of course not ethnically exklusive today)

Well we had a couple of guys from Kosovo, bosnia and kurds in our team

That serbia team played really dirty but we won. And when we left the arena we were attacked in a big stonestair
I am talking about a mini-riot, my team of 15 or so teens from the countryside/small town attacked by that team plus a bunch of other youth all starting with one of my teammates being dropkick from behind going downstairs:mad:

All of them fled War so you'd think they werent so violent ?

but I have never encountered such vitriol from Anybody else but serbs

Worse then when i was chased by neonazi skinhead!

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

I grew up with and am friends with a few people of Balkan heritage

During a tournament we played a team called serbia Stockholm or something

(pretty common for Sports teams in my country to have Grow from immigrant social clubs ) there are even a few in our highests football divisions they are of course not ethnically exklusive today)

Well we had a couple of guys from Kosovo, bosnia and kurds in our team

That serbia team played really dirty but we won. And when we left the arena we were attacked in a big stonestair
I am talking about a mini-riot, my team of 15 or so teens from the countryside/small town attacked by that team plus a bunch of other youth all starting with one of my teammates being dropkick from behind going downstairs:mad:

All of them fled War so you'd think they werent so violent ?

but I have never encountered such vitriol from Anybody else but serbs

Worse then when i was chased by neonazi skinhead!

:lol: Think all round the globe where there are Serbs we can all tell a similar football story , in my case opposition players dad was chasing me:D

BobP

Memri Fan
:lol: Think all round the globe where there are Serbs we can all tell a similar football story , in my case opposition players dad was chasing me:D

:lol::lol::lol:

Quite a few junior clubs in the north western suburbs of Melbourne are built around those who migrated from the Balkans.

Racial taunts, disgusting tackles, dodgy linesmen, you name it, they've done it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom