• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Stevan Jovetić

Status
Not open for further replies.

musicmonkey

Established Member
I think their business has been smarter this time. They're all signings that improve their side, none are coming with the mad egos of those departing like Tevez and before him Balotelli and will likely be more reliable because of it.

None of them will set the world on fire but they're going to add points to the board and flesh out the side with quality. City's starting eleven beat the rest of the league as it was on paper and it was the squad that failed them at times. My favourite for the league.

ArsenesNO1Fan

Established Member
Should be quality for City

.........Silva
Jovetic.........Navas
........Aguero

Still let's not underestimate the loss of Tevez, he was class last year. I'm not sure if I see the point of having Negredo and Dzeko, unless they play 2 strikers they're going to have an unhappy striker there. Maybe Dzeko is off.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
ArsenesNO1Fan said:

.........Silva
Jovetic.........Navas
........Aguero

Still let's not underestimate the loss of Tevez, he was class last year. I'm not sure if I see the point of having Negredo and Dzeko, unless they play 2 strikers they're going to have an unhappy striker there. Maybe Dzeko is off.

I thought that too Dzeko could be off he can't stay there to be 3rd choice striker, he is decent player and would be good buy for many team including us in my opinion :wink:. i will don't mind him here if we failed to sign any of Suarez/Higuain.

ArsenesNO1Fan

Established Member
yousif_arsenal said:
ArsenesNO1Fan said:

.........Silva
Jovetic.........Navas
........Aguero

I thought that too Dzeko could be off he can't stay there to be 3rd choice striker, he is decent player and would be good buy for many team including us in my opinion :wink:. i will don't mind him here if we failed to sign any of Suarez/Higuain.

I'd take him here if we can't get those 2, probably a cheap fee but high wages. I'd prefer Soldado I think

thedon5

ArsenesNO1Fan said:

.........Silva
Jovetic.........Navas
........Aguero

That would leave Negredo, Dzeko and Nasri on the bench for a while. It wouldn't fit the squad at all, but hey I'm not complaining. Navas is on the right of course and Jovetic is on the left.

They could play this if they were keeping with more of a 4-2-3-1.

City are still favourite for the title, stronger than Utd and Chelsea IMO. United have literally got gaps in every part of their squad if they lose Rooney and Chelsea weren't that great last season and have only really added some average signings like City. Someone like Schurrle isn't going to get them up there.

evoh_1

Established Member
Clearly never in for Jovetic seriously at the price they were after, we were around £15 mil ad left it at that. Same old situations going round and round year after year and now we are linked to pay a whopping sum for a guy who will miss at least 16% of league games.

Arsenal are shopping around with 2009 prices in today's market and wondering why we get no where and dash for the leftovers at the end of aug.

Kingslayer

Forza Milan
Announced by City:

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/Team-news/2013/July/Jovetic-signs-for-City" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/Team-news/20 ... s-for-City</a>

Uncle Mike

Established Member
MDGoonah41 said:
over/unders for jovetic this season

PL starts: 8.5
PL appearances: 27.5
PL goals: 6.5
PL assists: 6.5

hes just flushed his career down the drain, barring a big clearout/rash of freak injuries at citeh. nicely done
If you're right, then he's not smart enough to play for Arsenal, and Wenger was right to let him get away.

Of course, there COULD be an injury bug biting City. After all, they DO want to copy Arsenal, don't they? :roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I'm prepared to be committed to the club at least until we go into the new stadium. For me, it’s important that the club goes in there and that I make sure the team are at a very good level. After that, whether it’s me or someone else, the club will be able to compete at the highest level. But for me to run away now would not be fair.

Arsène Wenger after extending his contract on 2004

Latest posts

Top Bottom