• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Steve Bould: How Is He As Assistant Manager?

shootxhakashoot

Özil lives rent-free in my head
Hope its not Lowe! I've nothing against Bould just not really sure what he brings to the table, its not like our defence has improved I would imagine any new manager will want to choose his own assistant anyway.
and I have a funny feeling it might well be Low btw...

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Who cares about Bould, it's Vic Akers i'm worried about. His shorts better be on those benches next season or i'm staging a one-man riot.

I think the whole point of him being Wenger's assistant is that he has a view to manage somewhere soon. I think his main purpose as assistant manager is work experience and learning from a legend. Arsenal like to look after former players and help them on their quest to get fit again or gain coaching experience.

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent
I think the whole point of him being Wenger's assistant is that he has a view to manage somewhere soon. I think his main purpose as assistant manager is work experience and learning from a legend. Arsenal like to look after former players and help them on their quest to get fit again or gain coaching experience.

There was probably one eye on him eventually succeeding Big Weng at one point.

SupremeClientele

Lee Dixon said Bould is hardly allowed any input. I hope now he gets to have a bit more freedom is isn't so restricted.

"Bouldy does get to do some stuff in training, but not as much as he would like. Arsène went through a period of allowing him to do a little bit more. There was recognition in the press that Arsenal looked a bit more solid. Then it all went away."

Gegen Pressing

My first reaction none of the british managers incl. Brendan Rodgers have any drawing power.
This is why the obvious consideration goes to a german or a spaniard - for the sake of rebuilding- to enable us to dip into these two major markets .
Ancelotti or Allegri would never dare to come *now* knowing our limited budget , urgent rebuilding needs and that stepping into Wenger's shoes is a poisoned chalice when we need immediate success.
This is where pure brit solution might not be so absurd after all . Going pure british and dipping into the local market would be very bald and ambitious if it could ever be made a success.

So Gazidis has a harder job than Wenger, because Wenger will get FCBayern or PSG if he wants to, but we might even fail tempting the likes of Tuchel/Nagelsmann.

Imagine the scenes if Bould was appointed manager

Last edited:

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
:lol::lol:
Being reported Bould expected to stay on if Enrique takes over.

What a load of nonsense that is.

For that to be true, some journo has to have a spoken to someone who absolutely knows what’s going on in the manager search.

And not only that, they have to know what Enrique said when asked “what about Bould? You gonna keep him?”

Longy

What has Bould done ? I've seen no improvement in any area, only decline.

He was a mediocre player, and his results would say he is a mediocre coach at best.
He needs to go with Wenger.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger

He was a mediocre player, and his results would say he is a mediocre coach at best.
Did you ever watch him play? He was a tough no-nonsense centre-half. Not very skilful but hard and committed. Better than any we have now.

I don't think Arsène wanted an assistant manager who did much beyond admin duties to save him time. He's stayed there too long to have a big chance of managing although perhaps a lower league team might do so on the strength of his Arsenal job.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

What a load of nonsense that is.

For that to be true, some journo has to have a spoken to someone who absolutely knows what’s going on in the manager search.

And not only that, they have to know what Enrique said when asked “what about Bould? You gonna keep him?”

It might be whoever takes over , has Bouldy around . He knows the player and the Club and speaks English .

scytheavatar

Established Member

What could he have done with Wenger in charge? Wenger is a dictator and according to Wright he prevented Bould from giving extra sessions to Iwobi:

With Wenger gone we'll get to see what Bould is really made of. But it's really a decision that our next manager should make, if he's comfortable with Bould as his assistant why would anyone complain?

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny

Steve Bould was one of the most renowned defenders in top flight football history with a list of major honours as long as your arm.

Latest posts

Top Bottom