• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Steve Bould: How Is He As Assistant Manager?

Longy

Did you ever watch him play? He was a tough no-nonsense centre-half. Not very skilful but hard and committed. Better than any we have now.

I don't think Arséne wanted an assistant manager who did much beyond admin duties to save him time. He's stayed there too long to have a big chance of managing although perhaps a lower league team might do so on the strength of his Arsenal job.

Yes I did, I remember vividly.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
What has Bould done ? I've seen no improvement in any area, only decline.

He was a mediocre player, and his results would say he is a mediocre coach at best.
He needs to go with Wenger.
You have to question what exactly could he do.

This is a 1.90m+ strong fearless guy that loved defending. The type of defending he excelled in (just like Atleti tonight) takes thousands of hours on the training ground to perfect.

If your defenders dont have the basic physical attributes, mentality or time given in training... you are ****ed.

Longy

You have to question what exactly could he do.

This is a 1.90m+ strong fearless guy that loved defending. The type of defending he excelled in (just like Atleti tonight) takes thousands of hours on the training ground to perfect.

If your defenders dont have the basic physical attributes, mentality or time given in training... you are ****ed.

You coach them.
Positioning is everything in defence. Yet we seem to have gotten worse while he has been here.
I get that Wenger would probably hold him back but if he was a tough of a character as many believe he is, he'd stand up to AW, not retreat back to a yes man. Another huge problem at the club.
The defence is our biggest problem, obvious to everyone.

As I said, he was a mediocre player and the evidence is that he is a mediocre coach.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
You coach them.
Positioning is everything in defence. Yet we seem to have gotten worse while he has been here.
I get that Wenger would probably hold him back but if he was a tough of a character as many believe he is, he'd stand up to AW, not retreat back to a yes man. Another huge problem at the club.
The defence is our biggest problem, obvious to everyone.

As I said, he was a mediocre player and the evidence is that he is a mediocre coach.
You are confusing his role as a coach and as a player.

As a coach I can't say he has done much but he was a good centre-half. Anyone who doesn't know that basically doesn't know about football.

Longy

You are confusing his role as a coach and as a player.

As a coach I can't say he has done much but he was a good centre-half. Anyone who doesn't know that basically doesn't know about football.

Such a ****house call out, the new lefty activist debate tactic.

I'm calling him mediocre.......
Not good, not bad, just vanilla.
Same as he was in his playing career.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
I can debate. But repeating "mediocre" shows the debating skills of a Paraguayan parakeet.

Just watch the Sampdoria game. I rest my case. Arsenal have won 2 European trophies in our history. Without Bould, it would have been one.

Top Bottom