• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Steven Gerrard article

patrick42uk

Established Member
kanuuu said:
patrick42uk said:
.take away lampard's goals and there is nothing much else.

His passing and crossing is good.

when is the last time lampard dictated the pace of a game with his passing against a top midfielder? probably never. anytime lampard comes up against anything remotely decent in midfield, he disappears. alonso, xavi, vieira, zidane, scholes just to name a few who over the past year have made lampard look the average midfielder he is.

_scorpion_

Established Member
Muppy said:
My father says Lampard/Gerrad are the best central midfielders in the world, i say no. He calls me to list other midfielders and i say Xavi and Pirlo are better. Even Graveson, i'm more impressed by Gravesen than Gerrad. In terms of those 25m shots, i feel that Baptista is way better than Gerrad/Lampard. I don't watch much of other team football except Milan's and Arsenal's. Can you guys tell me the other good midfielders in the world who are better than Lampard and Gerrad?

Have you got all day???

Seriously though....i rate Gerrard. Perfect foil for Vieria. Lampard however is crap and i think he is the weak link in Chelsea. He has no techinal ability going forward.....i shudder to think what Chelsea couls become with a gifted playmenker of the Kaka, Zidane, Rhonaldino mode playing in fat Franks position.

Claude, Robben and Terry make Chelea the force they are today.

namliam

I can't believe the criticism of Frank Lampard in this forum...i'm an Arsenal fan but I think Lampard has been sensational for Chelsea...First of all you can't say 'take away his goals' then....because that would apply to so many players...Ljungberg for instance is so crucial to the team because of the way he can get on the end of things and score crucial goals and not because of his dribbling or crossing...take away Ljungberg's goals and you will be left with little....likewise Pires this season, because although he has scored some important goals he hasnt really done much else...(although obviously in the past he was so much more) Even scholes to some extent is really valued because of his goal scorig ability....Lampard is a great goal scorer because he can score great goals and also arive late in the box to get on the end of things ala Ljungberd. Also, I think Lampard has the most assists in the Premiership this season, if not Henry, and so surely that illustrates that he is an excellent play maker as well...some of his passes this season are sublime and he plays defense splitting passes that Gerrard ocasioanlly does quite consistently...i agree that his tackling is crap and that he isn't exactly pacy, but he is hardly poor running with the ball as well...As a playmaker you won't find a better player in the EPL and I really can't beleive ppl can call him crap...

Arsenal Quotes

One of the things I discovered in Japan was from watching sumo wrestling. At the end you can never tell who has won the fight, and who has lost, because they do not show their emotion because it could embarrass the loser. It is unbelievable. That is why I try to teach my team politeness. It is only here in England that everybody pokes their tongue out when they win.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom