• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Steven Gerrard

JazzG

Established Member
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.koptalk.org/forums/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/375003/page/0/view/collapsed/sb/5/o/all/fpart/1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.koptalk.org/forums/showflat. ... ll/fpart/1</a>

Sounds like rubbish to me but we can always dream eh ;)

brianfrance

Established Member
Between 25/35M£, that's the price we'll have to pay. And who know, after a Vodka party maybe Abramovic will phone to Wenger 'I offer you Steven Gerrard! Hic!!' :roll:

Axl

He is russian. Vodka for him is like fresh water for us.... it has no effect. Its just something they have to have to survive.

:lol:

JazzG

Established Member
post-1-59421-gerrard.gif
hehe ;)

Asterix

Established Member
:lol:

I'd love to see Gerrard here -every poxy Pool draw sees his departure date zoom closer, but could we afford him? Where's the drooling smiley?

Sammer

Established Member
Bunch of utter bollocks....yeah right, Arsenal competing cash-wise with Chelsea over Gerrard.

Really tells you something abou the "press".

n_henry

Gerrard would be perfect, but Cesc is far too special to be pushed to the sidelines... we've seen what he can do, and I for one don't want that to end. :lol: Still, Cesc has his whole career ahead of him, so there is no rush to push him into the squad...

But really, we're never going to get Gerrard. We're never going to outbid Chelski. :roll:

Ratinho

Established Member
We could afford him, if Vieira left at the end of the season, for around the £15-20m mark, but with the players coming through and Vieira probably staying now, the money would be better spent on areas that need strengthening rather than a terrific player in a position we are already good in.

Clarkey

Guys just something I'd like to throw into the hat.....people say we can't outbid Chelsea, but what happens if Chelsea were NOT to bid leaving us on our own. Mourinho has constantly said hes not buying anyone in January, so if he wants to live by his word January is the time for us to have a crack at getting him. If we leave it until the Summer we have little chance but in January we could strike by surprise and I reckon we could pull it through with a deal that suits both parties eg a few players plus cash in instalments with a big whod upfront to fund Liverpools striker bid.

Pikeypete

Fabregas is a fantastic talent but we should only play him and the other under 20's 50 - 75% of the games:

Anyway what about:
a 4-3-3 or 4-3-2-1 or 4-5-1 formation
----Keeper--??----
(Normal Back 4)
Vieira Cesc Gerrard
Van Persie Pires
------ Henry------

Rotating with:
----Keeper--??----
(Normal Back 4)
Silva, Flamini, Cliche
Freddie, Pires, Bergy
------Aliadiere-----

Arsu86

Pikeypete said:
Fabregas is a fantastic talent but we should only play him and the other under 20's 50 - 75% of the games:

Anyway what about:
a 4-3-3 or 4-3-2-1 or 4-5-1 formation
----Keeper--??----
(Normal Back 4)
Vieira Cesc Gerrard
Van Persie Pires
------ Henry------

Rotating with:
----Keeper--??----
(Normal Back 4)
Silva, Flamini, Cliche
Freddie, Pires, Bergy
------Aliadiere-----

Where is Reyes? Any way i dont think Arsène will play 4-3-3.

A

Anonymous

If I could pick any player it would be Gerrard, simply world class. He is carrying Liverpool by himself.

I remember sat in Cardiff watching Vieira totally outclass Gerrard in the cup final a few years ago. Now however, Gerrard is very close to becoming a better player than PV, if he hasnt already.

JazzG

Established Member
We are in big trouble if Chelsea or Man utd get him, especially Man utd as it will be like Roy Keane has be reborn for them!

First of there is little chance of us getting him but if there is any then Gerrard would have to want a move here. He is Liverpool through and through so I doubt he would go to the Mancs. Some will point to Smith and Rooney but look at the positions they were in. Only decent club which wanted smith was Man utd and Rooney had to go to Newcastle or Man Utd, Everton have no history with Man utd either. The board of Liverpool would know their fans would go mental if they let him go there so I think it is doubtful. Gerrard would want to leave the club with the Liverpool fans still respecting him and only joining us or R.Madrid will allow that. So if we came with £25mill and even if Chelsea offered £30mill he could tell em he wants to join us.

All a dream though tbh, I reckon he is gonna join R.Madrid. You can bet Beckham and Owen will be pushing the people up there to go for him.

Sol said:
I remember sat in Cardiff watching Vieira totally outclass Gerrard in the cup final a few years ago. Now however, Gerrard is very close to becoming a better player than PV, if he hasnt already.

Yeah I remember that as well, even Gerrard admitted that he was dominated. Even at Anfield when we drew 2-2 Vieira had him by the bollocks. Gerrard has improved but that old Vieira would still get the better of him imo, Gerrard though has the potential to get to the kind of level Keane and Vieira have set in the past.

Ridge

it does sound impossible for me to get Gerrard, but i would definitely welcome him although we already have Cesc. but if the condition is sell Vieira and get Gerrard, its a NO for me. Paddy is still the best. 8)

Chips&CurrySauce

Ther is no way Gerrard willl go to the Mancs. Unlike the badge kissers, Smith and Rooney, Gerrard will not do that to the Liverpool fans. He has far more class than those 2 ****s. He'll probbaly go to Chelsea though I haven't given up hope on him coming here, I do have a feeling if everything was equal we would be his preference..

tox

I don't think Gerrard turned down Chelsea last summer simply to stay at Liverpool. He knew that he would have better options this summer, and hopefully one of them will be Arsenal. I would imagine every top club in Europe will have an eye on him at the moment.

Top Bottom