• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Steven Nzonzi

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
We won't pay 40M for N'zonzi nobody will honestly so Sevilla need to sell for 20M and teams will start be interested.

avalonhse

Benatia is on the market. That article you linked still suggested at the end that he could leave (and there still hasn't been an announcement about a new contract yet). And Ndombele can still be bought for a lower figure than most postulate. Both together would be around 50 million Euros. Sell the dross and those deals aren't impossible even by Arsenal standards.

Ndombele: 24 million Euros (http://dailycannon.com/2018/06/lyon-looking-to-make-3-times-the-purchase-price-on-sale-of-ndombele/).
Benatia: 25 million Euros (https://www.express.co.uk/sport/foo...er-news-Juventus-Mehdi-Benatia-gossip-rumours).

Lyon will ask 60 mil euros for Ndombele and they expect around 40 mil euros. You think that sucks but it is Aulas after all.

The British news are all rubbish, they said Lemar can be sold for 40 mil euros and Arsenal could not get him for less than 70 mil. British news make up fake transfer stories with under-valued bids everyday. I dont understand why you guys still believe in them.

The transfer market are crazy, player values are increasing every year. Tolisso left Lyon for 40 mil. euros last year and a 50-matches player like Ndombele can not leave with less than that amount this year.

Bitter of truth.

Bergkamp1988

Why do we need him exactly? Just another bloke blocking AMNs spot

How do you mean?

Nzonzi is a pure, experienced, physical Defensive midfielder. Maitland Niles is (maybe) a box to box midfielder with very different qualities. They are not competing for the same position.

If anything, the Frenchman would be competing for Xhaka's position.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
How do you mean?

Nzonzi is a pure, experienced, physical Defensive midfielder. Maitland Niles is (maybe) a box to box midfielder with very different qualities. They are not competing for the same position.

Nzonzi is the destroyer, the Gattuso/Mascherano type. (We need 2 of these players in the squad. We currently have none.)

Xhaka is the great passer, the Pirlo/Alonso type. (We need to buy one more long passer, who can dictate the game tempo.)

I don’t see why they are competing for the same position.

And by the way, we also need a super technical attacking midfielder. (We have Özil and Cazorla before, but now we have to buy one to replace Cazorla.)

Last edited by a moderator:

Bergkamp1988

Nzonzi is the destroyer, the Gattuso/Mascherano type. (We need 2 of these players in the squad. We currently have none.)

Xhaka is the great passer, the Pirlo/Alonso type. (We need to buy one more long passer, who can dictate the game tempo.)

I don’t see why they are competing for the same position.

And by the way, we also need a super technical attacking midfielder. (We have Özil and Cazorla before, but now we have to buy one to replace Cazorla.)

I think you missred me. My post was a reply to another post that was saying that Nzonzi would be taking Maitland Niles chances for a place in the midfield. I answered that Nzonzi and Amn are very different players and therefore wouldn't be competing for the same position.

And I added "if anything he would be competing with Xhaka"... Meaning, if you really had to make him compete with anyone that would be Xhaka.

But I do agree that we have no other player of the likes of Nzonzi in the squad. More generally we have no true Defensive Midfielder.

Divided_Pie

Would love for our midfield to look like this in a 4-2-3-1:

---------- Özil -----------
-------- (Mkhi) ---------
---------------------------
N'Zonzi ------- Torreira
(Elneny)---------(AMN)

All very complimentary to each other

Sell Ramsey and Xhaka. Ramsey, aside from being unsigned, is not a good fit for a possession-based team and he and Özil don't fit well together in the same formation. Xhaka is poor at pressing, poor at resisting the press, and in general probably not a great fit for the EPL.

Both N'Zonzi and Elneny are capable of dropping in between the center backs like Emery likes his DM/DLP to do. Torreira is great in possession and in the press, and would be an pretty ideal partner for N'Zonzi in a double pivot and/or B2B role, and AMN is capable of the same. N'Zonzi and Torreira would provide a great platform for Özil's free, attack-minded role, with Mkhi being an outstanding backup while also spending time out wide.

Bring in another winger/wide midfielder with the Ramsey/Xhaka money and things start looking very nice.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
How do you mean?

And in that case, SIGN HIM UP!

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Via Sky Sports:

BARCA COULD GO FOR NZONZI

If Barcelona fail to land former Tottenham Hotspur target, Adrien Rabiot, this summer, they will instead move to sign Steven N'Zonzi from Sevilla, according Mundo Deportivo.

The French midfielder, currently in Russia with the national team is deemed as Plan B and would be an ideal fit due to his knowledge of La Liga. The Catalan club would have no problem paying his €40million (£35.3m) release clause.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Surely if we get N'Zonzi, one of Xhaka or Elneny would be out. We'd get more for Xhaka, and Elneny is not a starter but both have new contracts. Interesting to see how this pans out!

Top Bottom