• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Stewart Downing

GUNNERS4L1FE

Established Member
Re: Stuart Downing

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_7031402,00.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528, ... 02,00.html</a>

WHEYYYYY!

NIPOLOPO

Established Member

GUNNERS4L1FE said:
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_7031402,00.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

WHEYYYYY!
:lol: Even Downing is turning down our imaginary offer.

squallkid

Established Member

I knew if I ignored this that eventually someone (Aston Villa) would confirm it as bollocks.

Usual Sunday ****e from Sky.

Cudareli

Antonio Valencia stan

Mastadon said:
Downing will play a very important part in us making it into the champions league this year. As long as he signs for Liverpool we only need to finish above Sp**s to make it.

Post of the year :lol:

Thought you had lost it until i read the second sentence!

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba

Glovegun said:
If this is true, my suspicion would be that Wenger sees Downing as a direct replacement for Cesc in a midfield three, pushing Jack forward and slotting Downing in alongside Song. He played on the right under Houllier at Villa but has actually played a lot of his football there in central midfield. Downing to my eyes does not have the hallmarks of a classic Wenger 'winger', but he does seem to have some of the attributes Wenger prizes in a central midfielder - a nice first touch, good distribution and a decent passing range.

:shock:

Downing a replacement for Cesc? You're one funny mofo dude.

Cudareli

Antonio Valencia stan

Big Poppa said:
Glovegun said:
If this is true, my suspicion would be that Wenger sees Downing as a direct replacement for Cesc in a midfield three, pushing Jack forward and slotting Downing in alongside Song. He played on the right under Houllier at Villa but has actually played a lot of his football there in central midfield. Downing to my eyes does not have the hallmarks of a classic Wenger 'winger', but he does seem to have some of the attributes Wenger prizes in a central midfielder - a nice first touch, good distribution and a decent passing range.

:shock:

Downing a replacement for Cesc? You're one funny mofo dude.

I was thinking more as an option at the back to challenge Koscienly? Would allow us to play the ball out from the back and he would be able to whip some viscous clearances out on that left foot of his?

In all seriousness though, it seems as though Wenger has explored the option, though i doubt that this will develop any further. Wenger may have been interested when his price was a quarter of what it was, but no way now. He is a poor mans Adam Johnson and would offer us absolutely nothing that other players for a tenth of the price could.

For me, his only strengths are his left foot and subsequently his crossing. In saying that though, even this is not at a world class level and he makes Laurent Robert look like David Beckham.

Le Titi

This transfer would be hilarious. Can you imagine? Years of the whole footballing world waiting and waiting for Wenger to make that one big money transfer, and he blows it on...

Stuart Downing.

Glovegun

Established Member

brady_style said:
Glovegun said:

Is this a piss take ?

You can't seriously think that Wenger or anyone would ever consider playing Downing as a CM.

No, Im being perfectly honest.

To be frank I doubt theres any truth in the rumour whatsoever, but if there is some truth to it, then I think that Wenger would play him more centrally. He's played Nasri as a defensive midfielder, and started a season with just Denilson and Cesc in the middle. I'm not saying I think its the way to go, but I think thats where Wenger would play Downing, yes.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Rumours going round that a fee has been agreed between Villa and Liverpool.
Nothing concrete yet though.

spartandre217

Established Member

King Kenny's transfer checklist:

1. Under 27
2. Average technically
3. English
4. Overpriced

If all 4 are met, BUY!

dpt49

Established Member

spartandre217 said:
King Kenny's transfer checklist:

1. Under 27
2. Average technically
3. English
4. Overpriced

If all 4 are met, BUY!
If they buy Downing it will take their spending to about 100m on,
Suarez
Henderson
Carroll
Adam
Downing

Unbelievable

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

On SSN now, going to Liverpool for £20M.

:lol:

One Juan Mata...there's only one Juan Mata...One JUANNN MATTTAAAAAA.

IBL

Established Member

another thread locking to welcome!

closing, will reopen if the deal falls through (fingers crossed it doesnt)

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
the media need to stop this bulls**t downing can't score goals or made assists to save his life, and we want a winger or a striker who can score or create goals.

and for 10m god please noo.

GDeep™

League is very weak
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2237965/Arsenal-set-make-10m-swoop-Liverpool-flop-Stewart-Downing.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... wning.html</a>

Knowing our luck during transfer windows, this is probably true hahahaha!

I rated Downing at one point, long long ago, but this would be one of the most depressing transfers ever, please god, no, im begging you.

ArsenesNO1Fan

Established Member
At least part of that's wrong isn't it 'Wenger was interested in Downing to replace Nasri but was outbid'. We were linked but I'm not sure he was ever genuinely interested but Nasri left some time after Downing joined Liverpool anyway

The only thing that holds some currency would be this swap:

Liverpool may try to use Arsenal's interest as currency to land Theo Walcott, who only has six months left on his contract at the Emirates.

Latest posts

Top Bottom