• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Strikers at Arsenal FC - down to bare bones

AFCG7

Established Member
If you look at the coming weeks we are in for a striking crisis.
Kanu will be off to the NAtions Cup
Bergkamp isnt fit and neither is Wiltord for the next 2 games at least.. which leaves us with Henry Aliadiere Bentley and Papadopulous to choose from.
Only Ali has had a fair amount of first team appearances.
All this means is that Henry will be tired as hell over the next month or so unless :

Wiltord hits form ... ???????
Ali starts scoring goals
someone else from our reserves surprises us
We sign another front man.

What will Wenger do??

Lord Dula

Established Member
Put Kolo upfront - his pace, power and willingness would cause all sorts of trouble and i bet he's a better striker than Wiltord.

Adam

Established Member
Wiltord and Bergkamp will be fit within ten days. Kanu leaves on the 15th perhaps 18th.

We'll be fine.

Mark

Established Member
i hope kanu's departure means aliadiere will get more games, i sure hope wiltord doesn't play because he really doesn't make enough effort. this could be a good time for aliadiere and maybe even bentley.

A

Anonymous

this is why a new striker was a priority

Apart from Ali , the others are useless.

again we have a stubborn coach who thinks otherwise. This will be our downfall

Mark

Established Member
henry_14 said:
this is why a new striker was a priority

Apart from Ali , the others are useless.

again we have a stubborn coach who thinks otherwise. This will be our downfall

calm down mate we may still get a new striker you never know.

XxGoonaStuxX

Only Wenger knows. Wiltord is out with injury. Wenger will have to make the decision and assess Wiltords character to see if he will perform for us. if not play Aliadiere. All depends on Wiltord + Bergkamp.

Henry14

Freddie or Le Bob can play up front.

DB10 and Willy wil be back shortly like someone else mentioned.

It'll be "ALL GOOD" :)

quattro

people have spent most of the season slagging off kanu and wiltord for being useless, bergkamp not scoring enough and aliadiere not getting enough time on the pitch... now we have a thread asking what we are going to do with kanu and wiltord not being available and bergkamp probably still not scoring enough and aliadiere probably going to get his time on the pitch?

make up your minds! :roll:

Mark

Established Member
pires and ljungberg would be quite a good partnership now that i think about it. pires would be the playmaker playing the passes and crosses and ljungberg would just finish them off, even though they don't play upfront that might actually work quite well.

Arsenal316

If need be, Wenger can simply move Ljungberg up front. He's done it before, and it's not as if Ljungberg can't score.....

titi

Is it possible that wenger is not spending the money on a striker now because because he knows who he wants and can't get him until the summer?? This would seem to be the only reason i could see why he is leaving us short up front and he knows that Wiltord, kanu and possibly DB will be leaving in the summer.

siddharth

quattro said:
people have spent most of the season slagging off kanu and wiltord for being useless, bergkamp not scoring enough and aliadiere not getting enough time on the pitch... now we have a thread asking what we are going to do with kanu and wiltord not being available and bergkamp probably still not scoring enough and aliadiere probably going to get his time on the pitch?

make up your minds! :roll:

It's simple mate
something is better than nothing

Jinn

Established Member
We'll get by. Its not like we're going to miss Kanu and Wiltord and Bergkamp's goals or anything.

Pires is in form - goals are going to come from midfield as well as from Henry.

quattro

siddharth said:
It's simple mate
something is better than nothing

huh? we will have nothing? i thought everyone
wanted to see how aliadiere struts his stuff? this is the chance most of wiltord's and kanu's bashers have been waiting for and now they're worried?

zerofeel

hopefully bergkamp will recover in time for the villa game cos hes so vital to the 1st team as he compliments henry style of playing and i think henry is more confident when bergkamp is up along side him.Aliadiere is a bundle of talent but i dont think hes good enough for the 1st team just yet.He still need to put on more weight in order to fend off those physically tough lookin defenders in the EPL...if all are injured,Wenger would probably play Henry alone and pack the midfield with five and play Freddie as an auxilliary striker...hehee... lets hope everything will go well for us in the 2nd half of the season... :mrgreen:

Top Bottom