• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Strikers at Arsenal FC - down to bare bones

KoLo28

play 4 5 1 ??

lauren toure sol cole

ljungberg parlour vieira edu pires

henry

or just put ali in or freddie/pires upfront

Aussie

Established Member
kanu has played well this season.
Henry is a superstar.
Dennis will always be an arsenal legend and is still going fairly strong.
Wiltord he is going ahh well he did well in his first few years.
Ali has shown great promise and will deliver when he gets the chance. could be soon.
Maybe there is a new one on the way may not come this month though.
Remember Wegner knows best.

Webdesignlab

Established Member
henry_14 said:
this is why a new striker was a priority

Apart from Ali , the others are useless.

again we have a stubborn coach who thinks otherwise. This will be our downfall

I am very sure that if AW could buy he would buy. He would have made an offer for Trez, Reyes and Eto'o and Kluivert IF he had the money.

The coach is not to blame. It's purely a cash thing. We NEED the new stadium. We need to carry on as we are. Kluivert would be the best bet as he will not cost too much, but maybe he has been offered better elsewhere ... who knows.

Aussie

Established Member
Webdesignlab said:
henry_14 said:
this is why a new striker was a priority

Apart from Ali , the others are useless.

again we have a stubborn coach who thinks otherwise. This will be our downfall

I am very sure that if AW could buy he would buy. He would have made an offer for Trez, Reyes and Eto'o and Kluivert IF he had the money.

The coach is not to blame. It's purely a cash thing. We NEED the new stadium. We need to carry on as we are. Kluivert would be the best bet as he will not cost too much, but maybe he has been offered better elsewhere ... who knows.

The coach is definatley not to blame we are lucky to have such a great manager in Wegner who can still run a world class team on a very tight budget. How many other top clubs could rather our budget. Imagine chelsa trying to stay up with Arsenal when they only have 1.5 mil to spend on players.

In ten years time the stadium has been built and running we will definatley be in the top 1-2 clubs in the world

lewdikris

Established Member
We don't have the cash to buy an extra striker now - because Wenger's waiting for his man in the summer. Why blow the cash on players we don't want to screw our chance of getting a player we do????

Ali and Bentley need a shot. This way, they'll get it....

Ain't that what we all wanted?

Aussie

Established Member
you think we should learn a lot from liverpool dont buy average players that cost too much when you dont really need it. Wegner will buy when he his ready. As i said before Wegner knows best

jeremiesgirl

There is no need for panicing, we are doing really well this season even though we have suffered with injuries. Wenger knows what hes doing, so lets just think positively and see how the results go.

And yes Ali is 100% ready to be in the first team. He is never going to toughen up if he doesnt get the chance to play in the top games - its the only way he can learn and improve- give him a chance :angel

I don't think Bentley will be given many chances, I think he's been unlucky to suffer an injury when he did and I think its cost him the chance of being chosen to play ocassionally in the big games.

We have a great team - we are the best and when 1 of our players is having an off day there will be somebody who is ready to step in. Toure has been sensational in which ever position he plays in and we are lucky to have a player who can adapt to different situations so well. The same with Freddie & Pires, they score us goals too so we have plenty of reliable backup :)

jc8gooner

If I was Wenger, I would be tempted to give Thierry a rest tonight. You could put Ali and Kanu up front from the start, with a full-strength midfield and defence behind them. I am sure that they would do fine. If we are not winning at half-time, chuck Thierry on.

Sure, its a risk, but football is all about taking risks. Thierry will need a rest before all these games coming up later this month. This might be the time to do it, when we are playing really well and confidence is high in the camp.

JazzG

Established Member
He will get a good rest when we play boro 3 times in a row so no need to rest him now, rest him then!

jc8gooner

I guess he will be rested in both Carling Cup games, bt I would prefer it if he did play in the FA Cup game sandwiched in between those two. Maybe he shouldn't be rested tonight then, play on Saturday, then have a free midweek, then the Villa game, then another free midweek, then the FA Cup game. I suppose that wouldn't be too much. We do need him at his best though in the run-in. If I remember correctly, this wasn't the case in last season's run-in, and even the season before, when Freddie took up his scoring mantle.

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
jc8gooner said:
. If I remember correctly, this wasn't the case in last season's run-in, and even the season before, when Freddie took up his scoring mantle.

Good point, do you think that was down to fatigue or just a loss of form at a bad time?

Latest posts

Top Bottom